eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   do prepaid banks still work for paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/91276-do-prepaid-banks-still-work-paypal.html)

ayaz 11-17-2015 01:26 PM

do prepaid banks still work for paypal

im going to add a bank account from ffrees they are a pre paid bank (mismatched name ) will be it doesent have a direct debit facility but in the past i have set up by calling them as online doesent work just wondering if anyone has anything on this. I called them they said we have to go security procedure before adding from paypal side and start saying things about credit check and equifax so i just said i havnt got my details on me at the moment so will do in a bit.

Callidus 11-17-2015 04:09 PM

Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Yes they do - mismatch is a no go usually though although others may chime in. I think Ffrees maybe the only one to be OK with mismatch, others definitely are not though.

Don't need to submit the DD. If the PayPal is already VERIFIED just add the prepaid account as a withdrawal method and don't send the mandate.

zamzam 11-06-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayaz (Post 722305)
im going to add a bank account from ffrees they are a pre paid bank (mismatched name ) will be it doesent have a direct debit facility but in the past i have set up by calling them as online doesent work just wondering if anyone has anything on this. I called them they said we have to go security procedure before adding from paypal side and start saying things about credit check and equifax so i just said i havnt got my details on me at the moment so will do in a bit.

Did this work out for you buddy? I'm in a similar situation and need to find an alternative to adding a UK bank account to UK PayPal account for withdrawal

mao 11-06-2016 11:33 AM

ive been using mycashplus business card on a mismatch name for PP withdrawals with no hassles.

NigelLikesCheesecake 11-06-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 722331)
Yes they do - mismatch is a no go usually though although others may chime in. I think Ffrees maybe the only one to be OK with mismatch, others definitely are not though.

Don't need to submit the DD. If the PayPal is already VERIFIED just add the prepaid account as a withdrawal method and don't send the mandate.

Don't you need the DD Mandate to lift the limits ?

JamesNorth101 11-06-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake (Post 810580)
Don't you need the DD Mandate to lift the limits ?

You don't no

The PayPal just needs to be verified with a bank account

NigelLikesCheesecake 11-06-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 810581)
You don't no

The PayPal just needs to be verified with a bank account

So I could use a ffrees account to verify ?

JamesNorth101 11-06-2016 12:00 PM

I am not sure if they work.

Don't they used a shared account number with a routing code as oppose to your own dedicated account number? If that is the case then they are not going to work. If I am wrong though then they could well work

zamzam 11-06-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mao (Post 810575)
ive been using mycashplus business card on a mismatch name for PP withdrawals with no hassles.

Thank you for the response, if you don't mind me asking how long have you been using this card for and what is your average weekly/ monthly withdrawal?

JamesNorth101 11-06-2016 12:51 PM

Just to clarify a MyCashPlus account is still a bank account, it just has a prepaid MasterCard linked to it.

It is still a bank account just like any other bank account in the UK. You still need to go through all the normal steps to open the bank account. The only difference is that you do not get any sort of overdraft, instead you get a prepaid card.

It is not like the prepaid cards you can get in the USA that have their own routing numbers.

They are 2 very very different things.

zamzam 11-06-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 810594)
Just to clarify a MyCashPlus account is still a bank account, it just has a prepaid MasterCard linked to it.

It is still a bank account just like any other bank account in the UK. You still need to go through all the normal steps to open the bank account. The only difference is that you do not get any sort of overdraft, instead you get a prepaid card.

It is not like the prepaid cards you can get in the USA that have their own routing numbers.

They are 2 very very different things.

All I'm looking for is a alternative to the high street banks. Is there any other similar companies to Cash plus which have unique sort/ acc number which can be used with PayPal for withdrawals??

JamesNorth101 11-06-2016 01:57 PM

Just have a look on google for prepaid accounts. A fair amount about last time I looked.

They are no different to high street banks overall though

ibizasky 11-07-2016 05:33 AM

Pockit card (uk) will do the job;
James, can you point me to some US cards with routing that will work for paypal withdrawals?

JamesNorth101 11-07-2016 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibizasky (Post 810697)
James, can you point me to some US cards with routing that will work for paypal withdrawals?

None that I know of work anymore as they all got abused.

zamzam 11-07-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibizasky (Post 810697)

Is that confirmed through your personal use, as I've signed up to Pockit and are just waiting for my card! Also I don't want to end up loosing the PayPal account

NigelLikesCheesecake 11-07-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zamzam (Post 810756)
Is that confirmed through your personal use, as I've signed up to Pockit and are just waiting for my card! Also I don't want to end up loosing the PayPal account

You can use the Pockit card to make purchases through PayPal, However you can't withdraw funds from your PayPal account to the Pockit card

NigelLikesCheesecake 11-07-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 810586)
I am not sure if they work.

Don't they used a shared account number with a routing code as oppose to your own dedicated account number? If that is the case then they are not going to work. If I am wrong though then they could well work

I messaged their Facebook page last night and they confirmed that the accounts come with a unique Account Number and Sort Code

zamzam 11-07-2016 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake (Post 810759)
I messaged their Facebook page last night and they confirmed that the accounts come with a unique Account Number and Sort Code

I've received my account details for Pockit, James was right although it does come with unique sort/ acc number it also has a routing number which would of course make it impossible to withdraw funds too guys...

arktech 11-07-2016 02:57 PM

can you withdraw funds to the pockit account number (not the card) ?

zamzam 11-07-2016 03:22 PM

Don't think so as you also have a customer number which must be included as the payment reference to receive your funds. Doesn't seem straight forward as normal bank withdrawal even though it has sort/ acc number. Anyone already using care to clarify please??