do prepaid banks still work for paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-17-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 36
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (0)
Default do prepaid banks still work for paypal

im going to add a bank account from ffrees they are a pre paid bank (mismatched name ) will be it doesent have a direct debit facility but in the past i have set up by calling them as online doesent work just wondering if anyone has anything on this. I called them they said we have to go security procedure before adding from paypal side and start saying things about credit check and equifax so i just said i havnt got my details on me at the moment so will do in a bit.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 11-17-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,669
Thanks: 313
Thanked 812 Times in 578 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (97)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Yes they do - mismatch is a no go usually though although others may chime in. I think Ffrees maybe the only one to be OK with mismatch, others definitely are not though.

Don't need to submit the DD. If the PayPal is already VERIFIED just add the prepaid account as a withdrawal method and don't send the mandate.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2016
zamzam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 347
Thanks: 188
Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayaz View Post
im going to add a bank account from ffrees they are a pre paid bank (mismatched name ) will be it doesent have a direct debit facility but in the past i have set up by calling them as online doesent work just wondering if anyone has anything on this. I called them they said we have to go security procedure before adding from paypal side and start saying things about credit check and equifax so i just said i havnt got my details on me at the moment so will do in a bit.
Did this work out for you buddy? I'm in a similar situation and need to find an alternative to adding a UK bank account to UK PayPal account for withdrawal
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2016
mao mao is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 438
Thanks: 24
Thanked 80 Times in 61 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

ive been using mycashplus business card on a mismatch name for PP withdrawals with no hassles.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mao For This Useful Post:
zamzam (11-06-2016)
  #5  
Old 11-06-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Thanks: 37
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Yes they do - mismatch is a no go usually though although others may chime in. I think Ffrees maybe the only one to be OK with mismatch, others definitely are not though.

Don't need to submit the DD. If the PayPal is already VERIFIED just add the prepaid account as a withdrawal method and don't send the mandate.
Don't you need the DD Mandate to lift the limits ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2016
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 20,124
Thanks: 2,436
Thanked 5,212 Times in 4,007 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (462)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake View Post
Don't you need the DD Mandate to lift the limits ?
You don't no

The PayPal just needs to be verified with a bank account
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Thanks: 37
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
You don't no

The PayPal just needs to be verified with a bank account
So I could use a ffrees account to verify ?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-2016
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 20,124
Thanks: 2,436
Thanked 5,212 Times in 4,007 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (462)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

I am not sure if they work.

Don't they used a shared account number with a routing code as oppose to your own dedicated account number? If that is the case then they are not going to work. If I am wrong though then they could well work
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-2016
zamzam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 347
Thanks: 188
Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
ive been using mycashplus business card on a mismatch name for PP withdrawals with no hassles.
Thank you for the response, if you don't mind me asking how long have you been using this card for and what is your average weekly/ monthly withdrawal?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-06-2016
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 20,124
Thanks: 2,436
Thanked 5,212 Times in 4,007 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (462)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Just to clarify a MyCashPlus account is still a bank account, it just has a prepaid MasterCard linked to it.

It is still a bank account just like any other bank account in the UK. You still need to go through all the normal steps to open the bank account. The only difference is that you do not get any sort of overdraft, instead you get a prepaid card.

It is not like the prepaid cards you can get in the USA that have their own routing numbers.

They are 2 very very different things.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-06-2016
zamzam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 347
Thanks: 188
Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Just to clarify a MyCashPlus account is still a bank account, it just has a prepaid MasterCard linked to it.

It is still a bank account just like any other bank account in the UK. You still need to go through all the normal steps to open the bank account. The only difference is that you do not get any sort of overdraft, instead you get a prepaid card.

It is not like the prepaid cards you can get in the USA that have their own routing numbers.

They are 2 very very different things.
All I'm looking for is a alternative to the high street banks. Is there any other similar companies to Cash plus which have unique sort/ acc number which can be used with PayPal for withdrawals??
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-2016
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 20,124
Thanks: 2,436
Thanked 5,212 Times in 4,007 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (462)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Just have a look on google for prepaid accounts. A fair amount about last time I looked.

They are no different to high street banks overall though
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-07-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Pockit card (uk) will do the job;
James, can you point me to some US cards with routing that will work for paypal withdrawals?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-07-2016
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 20,124
Thanks: 2,436
Thanked 5,212 Times in 4,007 Posts
Activity: 38%
Longevity: 63%
iTrader: (462)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizasky View Post
Pockit card (uk) will do the job;
James, can you point me to some US cards with routing that will work for paypal withdrawals?
None that I know of work anymore as they all got abused.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
ibizasky (11-07-2016), rsot (11-07-2016), zamzam (11-07-2016)
  #15  
Old 11-07-2016
zamzam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 347
Thanks: 188
Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizasky View Post
Pockit card (uk) will do the job;
James, can you point me to some US cards with routing that will work for paypal withdrawals?
Is that confirmed through your personal use, as I've signed up to Pockit and are just waiting for my card! Also I don't want to end up loosing the PayPal account
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-07-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Thanks: 37
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
Is that confirmed through your personal use, as I've signed up to Pockit and are just waiting for my card! Also I don't want to end up loosing the PayPal account
You can use the Pockit card to make purchases through PayPal, However you can't withdraw funds from your PayPal account to the Pockit card
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-07-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 82
Thanks: 37
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
I am not sure if they work.

Don't they used a shared account number with a routing code as oppose to your own dedicated account number? If that is the case then they are not going to work. If I am wrong though then they could well work
I messaged their Facebook page last night and they confirmed that the accounts come with a unique Account Number and Sort Code
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-07-2016
zamzam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 347
Thanks: 188
Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake View Post
I messaged their Facebook page last night and they confirmed that the accounts come with a unique Account Number and Sort Code
I've received my account details for Pockit, James was right although it does come with unique sort/ acc number it also has a routing number which would of course make it impossible to withdraw funds too guys...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-07-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 390
Thanks: 9
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

can you withdraw funds to the pockit account number (not the card) ?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-07-2016
zamzam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 347
Thanks: 188
Thanked 66 Times in 54 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: do prepaid banks still work for paypal

Don't think so as you also have a customer number which must be included as the payment reference to receive your funds. Doesn't seem straight forward as normal bank withdrawal even though it has sort/ acc number. Anyone already using care to clarify please??
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What UK banks work best for paypal? alaia UK eBay & Paypal 22 12-13-2015 07:31 PM
Which banks work with paypal lifting limits Adam2010786 UK eBay & Paypal 3 12-13-2010 02:13 PM
Names of AU banks which work with your AU paypal account sia AU PayPal Talk 5 09-12-2010 08:38 AM
Any prepaid banks that work to withdraw from paypal? ILovePaypalNOT Credit Card Alternatives 23 02-04-2010 07:45 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58