eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   US Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/)
-   -   Lets get a few things straight (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/130212-lets-get-few-things-straight.html)

yellowprintdirect 10-20-2019 08:07 PM

Re: Lets get a few things straight

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucynda (Post 1042788)
If others have been unsuccessful adding a bank account that doesn't match then that would be your only option. My LLC costs me 150 a year per LLC, but my business checking was free.

Hope there’s another work around as I have 6 accounts it’s £150 per limited company setup fee here in uk! Plus my accountant will prob want more money now coz there will be 6 businesses to look after instead of one big one.

HurricaneHuntr 10-25-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect (Post 1042808)
Hope there’s another work around as I have 6 accounts it’s £150 per limited company setup fee here in uk! Plus my accountant will prob want more money now coz there will be 6 businesses to look after instead of one big one.

Yup. i said this earlier this year on here... doing all those LLC's is going to cost a lot. Each has a audit risk, each has a state sales tax to file, each has a quarterly report to file, each has to make estimated tax payments. It's not feasible unless you're making a 200k + a year. The solution is to get them to the threshold they allow before requesting a real working EIN/SSN that matches... And then dump it.. Or Provide the data and don't go over 20k to save the headaches of being forced to file on each one. Most of us legit people do this already with paypal. We don't reach 20k, but still pay all of our taxes. At least i do. I just combine all the sales in 1 quickbook company

Lucynda 11-04-2019 03:14 AM

I didn't have to file state sales tax and I don't have to file a quarterly report. I File my taxes at the end of the year just like I did before, but more stuff to include now... Maybe that's just my area.

robbcarpdm 12-09-2019 10:52 AM

I had one account that I do coupons in...MP will NOT allow you sell coupons at all.

They then Opted me out of Managed payments.....so it seems you can Opt out of MP as an option.

So perhaps they will make it look like you have to go managed payments but in the end will allow us to use Paypal.

Most people will take path of least resistence and they will scoop up a lot but maybe leave some for Paypal in the end?

ebayStlealth300 12-12-2019 02:50 AM

Yes correct, you can always go back to paypal if your not happy with MP.

yellowprintdirect 12-12-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayStlealth300 (Post 1054758)
Yes correct, you can always go back to paypal if your not happy with MP.

This could be huge!!! If proven correct when it’s fully enforced!!

landman210 12-12-2019 04:00 PM

ok so what exactly is the clear answer on providing SSN? I've looked through all of this and it's still unclear. Obviously, if you have a business bank account then EIN is good. I get that but if you dont and you have multiple accounts do you have to provide a Valid SSN or not....reading everything it still seems unclear to me anyway..lol

So does anyone have a definitive answer on the SSN issue. Is it required? And other than business account (which some posts still say they need owner SSN), what is the definitive answer on providing SSN for seperate accounts? Stop before $4K? Burn account all together when SSN is requested? What?????

I'm about to open several new accounts, so a clarification would be great.

leighanns520 12-12-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landman210 (Post 1054937)
ok so what exactly is the clear answer on providing SSN? I've looked through all of this and it's still unclear. Obviously, if you have a business bank account then EIN is good. I get that but if you dont and you have multiple accounts do you have to provide a Valid SSN or not....reading everything it still seems unclear to me anyway..lol

So does anyone have a definitive answer on the SSN issue. Is it required? And other than business account (which some posts still say they need owner SSN), what is the definitive answer on providing SSN for seperate accounts? Stop before $4K? Burn account all together when SSN is requested? What?????

I have one account and on managed payments. When I signed up for the managed payments I had to provide a social security number. I used all real info and all was accepted
Right away into managed payments.
Once I hit 4 thousand I was requested to update bank info, and make sure names matched on eBay and bank. Had to add middle initial as that was how my bank account was set up. Also uploaded bank statement.
This was the only request and now at over 17 thousand in sales nothing else has been requested.
On the eBay managed payment forum done sellers mentioned they had to update info etc at 4 thousand and again around 10 thousand.
As of now I haven't received another request.
When setting up more accounts I can't help you or make any suggestions.
This is just my experience with real info account.

landman210 12-12-2019 11:21 PM

OK thanks I am clear on the 1 account.
Still wanting clarification on multiple accounts.
Thanks

ebayStlealth300 12-13-2019 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect (Post 1054875)

Yes ebay does not want to lose a seller completely if a seller is not happy with Mp.

ebayStlealth300 12-13-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect (Post 1054875)

Yes ebay does not want to lose a seller completely if a seller is not happy with Mp.

agent006140 12-14-2019 04:48 PM

There are mega stores on EBay,how do they handle this SSN issue?
USPS is known to sell on Ebay,dont tell me they need SSN/
And BBY sells on EBAY too,along with many small and medium size retailers and distributors and manufacturers.

JackedYoshi 01-03-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landman210 (Post 1054937)

I too, would like clarification on this.

bootleg.101 01-04-2020 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1042393)
So what are you saying? You can use your real info for management payments and still have stealth name? I don’t understand? If you give social and it’s actually cross checked, it would be a clear red flag for eBay that the names don’t match??

This is what I want to know as well.

agent006140 01-04-2020 07:26 PM

well,right now I can sell on Ebay and use another person's paypal account to accept payment,so will this be the same between Ebay and Ayden?

leighanns520 01-04-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1059342)
well,right now I can sell on Ebay and use another person's paypal account to accept payment,so will this be the same between Ebay and Ayden?

I joined managed payments. Real eBay account and real info for ayden.
While signing up for managed payments after the invite I provided real name, real address, real birthdate and real social security number. Also added bank info that was requested. Sales started going to managed payments that day.
After 4 thousand in sales I received a request to update bank info
I did as asked and had to update my Ayden name given to what was on bank statement.. After completing the request I noticed that on eBay what I had entered to match bank name was now on my eBay account. All I added was my middle initial.
So that tells me that ebay is seeing what info that I provided Ayden.

iamlmfao 01-06-2020 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leighanns520 (Post 1059343)
I joined managed payments. Real eBay account and real info for ayden.
While signing up for managed payments after the invite I provided real name, real address, real birthdate and real social security number. Also added bank info that was requested. Sales started going to managed payments that day.
After 4 thousand in sales I received a request to update bank info
I did as asked and had to update my Ayden name given to what was on bank statement.. After completing the request I noticed that on eBay what I had entered to match bank name was now on my eBay account. All I added was my middle initial.
So that tells me that ebay is seeing what info that I provided Ayden.

so your saying every single seller on ebay no matter what will be required to give ssn to withdraw money? is this some sick prank from ebay? LOL mercari doesnt even do that

rsot 01-06-2020 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1059342)

This is not good practice agent

iamlmfao 01-06-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1059685)
This is not good practice agent

some stomachs are hungrier than others.

agent006140 01-06-2020 10:03 AM

I dont use another person's Paypal account,but every now and then I am asked to sell for someone who has house full of stuff since 1940s,as a dealer I am always interested to see the content,but I sure do not want to collect money using my own Paypal account .

leighanns520 01-06-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 1059683)
so your saying every single seller on ebay no matter what will be required to give ssn to withdraw money? is this some sick prank from ebay? LOL mercari doesnt even do that

I am just saying what I experienced. It will be rougher I am sure with stealth. Mine was real info and the steps I had to go through to be in managed payments.
Not sure what is required for other sellers.

agent006140 01-06-2020 11:31 AM

question-Paypal wants our SSN to send 1099K.
With Ayden,does it have to send 1099K ?
if so,it would need our SSN.