EIN and personal bank for MP - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-15-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Re: EIN and personal bank for MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedstealth View Post
I mean I honestly think this is the only way to go for myself since all my businesses were single members LLCs when I set up my stealth accounts, I hear a user by the name of Yankee has done S-corp for all his MP accounts but I have no knowledge on the subject. I wish there was more discussion on that topic.
I would love it if yankee would shed some light on it lol
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
I've went through all his posts to try to find any information and there wasn't really anything stated. Just others saying that he has done it successfully.
Old 05-16-2020

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
I tried PMing yankee but he does not reply.
Old 06-11-2020

Longevity: 22%

Hello guys,

New around here, for the most I've been reading very interesting discussions around here but never actually interacted myself in them.

I bet many people struggle with the same question. Does anybody know any way of opening an business bank account(LLC) from abroad without visiting US in person.

Cheers
Old 06-20-2020

Longevity: 40%

There is a solution, deep down grey hat/black users know the solution. Instead of chatting ****e! Get on with what you know will work!
Old 06-20-2020

Longevity: 40%

USA market is a lot more stealth friendly for the new MP system.
Old 09-22-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't know if they're going onto state websites and verifying the owners of companies.

When I upgraded the one account I have in MP, this is how it went:
(this account was purchased as a stealth account here years ago and still had a 'stealth name' on file)
During the application they asked for my EIN, business name, SSN, and personal name. My LLCs are all single member so that is probably why they insisted on getting my SSN (see post #9). They accepted all the info I provided and my account details were automatically changed to reflect the real personal info I gave them. Then I gave them my LLC bank account and it's been smooth sailing since. I effectively changed my stealth account into a non-stealth account that has both my business and personal info on file.

If you want to talk about it somewhere else, I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure there are other forums but this is the best place to discuss it.

It remains to be seen what will happen when I'm forced to upgrade my other 2 US business accounts to MP. Hopefully since they each have their own EIN/business name, eBay won't be put-off by the fact I'm submitting the same personal information again. On my Canadian accounts I'm probably just screwed and will have to stop selling on them. I really don't know. This is just as much a threat to me as it is for everyone else.
So, do you think creating a single member LLC is a bad move and I should convert it to a multi-member LLC? I just opened my bank account today. I don’t want PP or eBay to link me back to my old account through my SSN when paying taxes.
Old 09-22-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestman View Post
I'm looking for info on this as well. I have a bak account and ebay account both in a business name both setup with EIN.. Will eBay ask for a ssn even though the eBay acc and ban acc are both setup with the same business llc?
any recommendations for stealth accounts will mismatch info going to work?
Old 09-22-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookieman189 View Post
So, do you think creating a single member LLC is a bad move and I should convert it to a multi-member LLC? I just opened my bank account today. I don’t want PP or eBay to link me back to my old account through my SSN when paying taxes.
Single LLC should be good enough, I also suggest consulting with your tax guy to be sure
Old 09-22-2020

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
If you're going to try to multi member route, just please be aware of the differences in tax requirements.

TBH I've screwed people up on here in the past by recommending multi member LLC's because they took my advice then had a really hard time at tax time.
WOuld you know if there is any way to pay taxes in MP if the 1099 is being sent to a stealth name?

I was also wondering if I used the same EIN across 4 stealths but used friend's/Family's SSN in the verification part is a possibility.

but I am scared that i will be linked later on via eBay.
Old 10-08-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
More EIN's and LLC's, most likely.

You should really go ahead and open a business bank account for the EIN/LLC you already have. eBay isn't going to allow you to link a personal bank account once you upgrade your account to MP, so you're going to need a business bank account in the name of your business.

When you go to open one, the only things you need to take to the bank aside from the standard two forms of ID are your articles of incorporation/organization, and your paper from the IRS with your EIN on it.
Does each LLC and bank need a different address on it? Or can it use the same physical address on each one?
Old 10-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEARNINGONLY View Post
Does each LLC and bank need a different address on it? Or can it use the same physical address on each one?
You can have the same address but each EIN should have a different bank account.