Suspended Several Years Ago...now MP issue - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-08-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Suspended Several Years Ago...now MP issue

I was suspended between 6-8 years ago. Since then I had created a new account when I moved into a new house - my new account is around 6 years old I think. Now they want me to sign up for Managed Payments.

How long do they keep negative account information? I don't owe anything they just kicked me off for selling things they claimed were counterfeit.

I now have been selling books for 2 years. Have a store and lots of listings. I'm afraid as soon as I put in my info for managed payments, I'll get kicked.

Anyone know how long they keep negative info?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Suspended Several Years Ago...now MP issue

I know they keep information for longer than 6 years,they have something on me which happened in early 2000.could be 2005
Old 05-08-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtiddy View Post
I was suspended between 6-8 years ago. Since then I had created a new account when I moved into a new house - my new account is around 6 years old I think. Now they want me to sign up for Managed Payments.

How long do they keep negative account information? I don't owe anything they just kicked me off for selling things they claimed were counterfeit.

I now have been selling books for 2 years. Have a store and lots of listings. I'm afraid as soon as I put in my info for managed payments, I'll get kicked.

I would say just sell everything that's what I'm about to do sell all your items and dont pay the ebay fees. I'm fully banned myself.
Old 06-10-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:

I think you might be fine! My very first ebay account got suspended indefinitely and about 5 years later, I created an account with the same paypal, name, address and bank and haven't had any issues.
Old 06-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

You will be perfectly fine

the Payment section actually is Adyen and not ebay at all. That side of things could not care less what happened yesterday never mind years ago on ebay
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
cafonabob1 (06-28-2020), james_112233 (11-21-2020)
Old 06-12-2020

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 39%

You will be fine ...
Old 06-16-2020

Longevity: 59%

I'm in the same situation. Banned years ago. Now I have a account setup in a llc with a random name for contact info.
IF I use my personal info for MP will I be good or will they link me by name to being banned?

Info greatly appreciated
Old 06-16-2020

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

the Payment section actually is Adyen and not ebay at all. That side of things could not care less what happened yesterday never mind years ago on ebay
So you are saying they do not link info used for MP to old names/accounts banned.?
Old 06-17-2020

Longevity: 22%

New here, but I may have some updated info. I recently spoke with a rep from ebay's managed payment center. He told me Adyen is actually not handling the verification process and that its in house with ebay. He said that Adyen showed them how to do it, but that ebay is the one doing the verification. I don't know if he was telling the truth, lying or wrong. Just thought I'd mention it.

I too am in a spot. I was permanently suspended over a decade ago. They have my real name in their system. I signed up about 8 years ago in another state with a variation of my first name (first and middle initial) and real last name. Shortly after I started selling, they temp restricted me and asked for a fax of DL and asked some questions. I was cleared and have not been bothered since. Now, I have to sign up for MP next month. I'm wondering if a connection will be made. They checked me once and I passed, but now they want a SS#. Another potential security layer.

I'm wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and signed up for MP and still has an active selling account.
Old 06-21-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardonicus View Post
New here, but I may have some updated info. I recently spoke with a rep from ebay's managed payment center. He told me Adyen is actually not handling the verification process and that its in house with ebay. He said that Adyen showed them how to do it, but that ebay is the one doing the verification. I don't know if he was telling the truth, lying or wrong. Just thought I'd mention it.

I too am in a spot. I was permanently suspended over a decade ago. They have my real name in their system. I signed up about 8 years ago in another state with a variation of my first name (first and middle initial) and real last name. Shortly after I started selling, they temp restricted me and asked for a fax of DL and asked some questions. I was cleared and have not been bothered since. Now, I have to sign up for MP next month. I'm wondering if a connection will be made. They checked me once and I passed, but now they want a SS#. Another potential security layer.

I'm wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and signed up for MP and still has an active selling account.
The Rep is correct from what I have learnt, eBay staff are using the Ayden script terminal for verification

https://docs.adyen.com/marketpay/onb...d-verification
Old 06-21-2020

The rep also said that when you register, your name should appear as it does on your DL/ID and that if there is any minor differences, change them when you register.
Old 06-22-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
also Ebay has never asked for SSN,so there is no record to compare if you give them your SSN
Yes, but it could help identify you if used in conjunction with other information. At least that is my concern.
Old 07-01-2020

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Wait what?? Really? So say someone gets banned on Ebay with MP info, you're saying that tomorrow with just a new IP, new Ebay , and same MP info ssn and name that they'll still approve you?

That sounds too good to be true.
Old 07-03-2020
Threadstarter  

So an update..... Looks like I made it. There was a little hiccup with verifying my bank account so I got really nervous during that time but they just verified it the other day and I'm still selling. So it's been a success with my actual info....so I'm finally no longer stealth on eBay.
Old 07-03-2020

Longevity: 46%

Was the eBay account in your real name ?
Old 07-03-2020

Quote:
So an update..... Looks like I made it. There was a little hiccup with verifying my bank account so I got really nervous during that time but they just verified it the other day and I'm still selling. So it's been a success with my actual info....so I'm finally no longer stealth on eBay.
Did you have to change anything during MP registration? I have to change my first name (from initials to first name). Everything else I have it legit.
Old 07-04-2020

Well, I signed up for MP. Because I use a large national bank, they had me sign in to my bank account to verify the banking info. Apparently, this is done for some but not all banks. Those that do, it speeds up the banking verification on eBay's end. I should find out in the next day or two if the registration is approved.
Old 11-20-2020

Longevity: 19%

Any update on this? I'm in a similar situation.
Old 11-21-2020

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

If you do not owe them any money from previous accounts then you are generally fine, that is for the original one and any others you may have associated since to it.
Old 12-18-2020

Longevity: 19%

Quote:

Hi
I read your thread about entering your real information to MP which was previously suspended. Did it work in the end? Did you ever provide your SSN to your old suspended eBay account? If your have a moment, would you read my thread and see if it’s same situation as yours? Thank you so much!
Old 12-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
Hi
I read your thread about entering your real information to MP which was previously suspended. Did it work in the end? Did you ever provide your SSN to your old suspended eBay account? If your have a moment, would you read my thread and see if it’s same situation as yours? Thank you so much!
Haven't seen that user post in a few months so might not be so active, just fyi