How to avoid giving ebay my s.s. number - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 01-27-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Exclamation How to avoid giving ebay my s.s. number

Please forgive me if this is already been answered I couldn’t find a response anywhere. US eBay has given me till February 1 to provide A Social Security or tax id number.
What are Stealth account holders to do?
This is a very lightly used account, less than $1000 in sales per month, But that doesn’t seem to prevent eBay’s managed payment system from still requiring an SS number or tax ID number.
Certainly a random number would not match the Stealth account holder’s name so please please advise thank you so so much in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-27-2021

Longevity: 44%
Default Re: How to avoid giving ebay my s.s. number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
Go "legit" and provide your valid SSN or stay "stealth".
Old 01-27-2021

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor3k View Post
Go "legit" and provide your valid SSN or stay "stealth".
What does this mean? Please elaborate, because I have this same problem
Old 01-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

some accounts are getting quicker invites than others, if you can't provide the data, abandon the account and make another.
Old 01-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 23%

Once again please forgive me if I misunderstand. I thought the whole purpose of this forum was to help people who have gotten jammed up unfairly whether it be with eBay or PayPal.

Everybody who has a Stealth account has it under a name other than their own, right? The whole purpose of getting a Stealth account was because they cannot get back on “legit“ as their account was suspended.

I’m sure I’m missing something here because certainly a member of your standing wouldn’t be suggesting to throw out everything that we’ve been discussing here and that I’ve paid a lot of money for.’What exactly do you mean by “legit”, As it specifically applies to an eBay account that is not in a person’s legal name and that there is no associated US Social Security number or tax ID attached to it?
(Please I cannot stress enough how appreciative I am and I am legitimately losing sleep over this)
One might have a working paypal account (without PayPal’s debit card so no SS is required), That is linked to a bank in his/her real name.

Revenue generated on this account on eBay may flow rather nicely into PayPal at which time it can be withdrawn to the associated Bank either in three days for free or to the banks link debit card instantly for 1%.
eBay cannot legally dig up the specific name of the bank account is attached to, the most they can do is a couple of test deposits and withdrawals that one can verify rather easily.

This all boils down to eBay wanting to know their customer a little too much. So please what is the best way, or only way one can continue with this Stealth account?

It’s been suggested to put in random numbers, however wouldn’t that put the eBay account holder in extreme Jeopardy for identity theft if that number does belong to someone and very easily can be verified that it doesn’t belong to the name on the eBay account? Thanking you very much in advance.

PS: I tried answering a very nice fellow who answered me right away however apparently I don’t have enough points accumulated to respond.

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-27-2021 at 09:19 PM. Reason: not allowed
Old 01-27-2021

FACT: eBay REQUIRES a SSN number to register for MP.

Option 1: Convert the account to your real information and pray

Option 2: Form an LLC which is still going to require YOUR SSN and pray

Option 3: Cannot be discussed due to the morality police that patrol the forum, but you seem smart enough to figure it out.
Old 01-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:

Option 3: Cannot be discussed due to the morality police that patrol the forum, but you seem smart enough to figure it out.
This here is all you need to know.

#3 will never be discussed here. I doubt aspkin wants shut down.

However, doesn't mean it's the end of stealth for the immediate future. I don't expect it to be a problem for new accounts for quite some time.
Old 01-28-2021

Longevity: 63%

Option 4: Ditch the account that got the MP request and open a new one. It takes all but 15minutes to get signed up for ebay/paypal.

I guess ebay will see a huge spike in account creation soon lol and lots of unpaid bills for accounts that they want to switch to MP.
Old 01-28-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Please forgive me if this is already been answered I couldn’t find a response anywhere. US eBay has given me till February 1 to provide A Social Security or tax id number.
This is a very lightly used account, less than $1000 in sales per month, But that doesn’t seem to prevent eBay’s managed payment system from still requiring an SS number or tax ID number.
Certainly a random number would not match the Stealth account holder’s name so please please advise thank you so so much in advance!
Prior to MP,Ebay never bother to ask for our SSN as Paypal took care of that.
Ebay may not know what is your SSN,so if you open a new account using your name and SSN,and ditch this one,may be it would work,try to make your address different.
Old 01-29-2021

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matce View Post
Option 4: Ditch the account that got the MP request and open a new one. It takes all but 15minutes to get signed up for ebay/paypal.

I guess ebay will see a huge spike in account creation soon lol and lots of unpaid bills for accounts that they want to switch to MP.
I have read there are some who have opened new accounts and are still required to register with MP, how can a new account be helpful in the short term?
Old 01-29-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s
Old 02-04-2021

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Once again please forgive me if I misunderstand. I thought the whole purpose of this forum was to help people who have gotten jammed up unfairly whether it be with eBay or PayPal.

Everybody who has a Stealth account has it under a name other than their own, right? The whole purpose of getting a Stealth account was because they cannot get back on “legit“ as their account was suspended.

I’m sure I’m missing something here because certainly a member of your standing wouldn’t be suggesting to throw out everything that we’ve been discussing here and that I’ve paid a lot of money for.’What exactly do you mean by “legit”, As it specifically applies to an eBay account that is not in a person’s legal name and that there is no associated US Social Security number or tax ID attached to it?
(Please I cannot stress enough how appreciative I am and I am legitimately losing sleep over this)
One might have a working paypal account (without PayPal’s debit card so no SS is required), That is linked to a bank in his/her real name.

Revenue generated on this account on eBay may flow rather nicely into PayPal at which time it can be withdrawn to the associated Bank either in three days for free or to the banks link debit card instantly for 1%.
eBay cannot legally dig up the specific name of the bank account is attached to, the most they can do is a couple of test deposits and withdrawals that one can verify rather easily.

This all boils down to eBay wanting to know their customer a little too much. So please what is the best way, or only way one can continue with this Stealth account?

It’s been suggested to put in random numbers, however wouldn’t that put the eBay account holder in extreme Jeopardy for identity theft if that number does belong to someone and very easily can be verified that it doesn’t belong to the name on the eBay account? Thanking you very much in advance.

PS: I tried answering a very nice fellow who answered me right away however apparently I don’t have enough points accumulated to respond.
People on here dont give out their tricks regardless if it's amazon or ebay.

ditching the account comment is stupid.

you have 2 options..however, they're in the process of being tested.

1. you change info and provide them with a new name and ssn.. yours or someone elses. darkweb will do that for you.

2. this is the option i'm taking.. I'm switching from US to UK .... however once I changed the registered country, the manage payment stop asking for it and it keeps looping to (learn more).. deadline ended..so cannot list or revise. I contacted ebay and by tomorrow i can let you know how it goes.. but i received this

"I have looked into this for you and can advise that you will need to change your registration site to UK. Once that is done we can then look to get you registered for managed Payments and get the block removed.

To change your registration site I will need to speak to you so if you reply to this email with a time to call you tomorrow we can get the ball rolling on this. "
So even though I changed my registration in ebay and my profile says UK. they still see it as a US account.. so when i contact them tomorrow, i'll know more about what they require and will let you know.

but you'll need to provide them with a UK bank account. however, I did ask them if I could place a UK bank into a US account and vise versa but they didn't know.. I'll run it by them again tomorrow.

Finally, they stated that if they can't verify your ssn, then you'll need to provide them with a passport.. This is doable and I was going to go this route, but I didn't know if I could place a UK bank..

hope the helps
Old 02-07-2021

Longevity: 34%

Quote:

Can option 3 be done if the bank has our name on it?
Old 02-07-2021

Been working for me since November, don't know for how much longer though...
Old 02-09-2021

Longevity: 29%

update: Transferred current US ebay account to UK. They removed block , i didn't provide them with anything and I can list items with paypal checkout... no prompt for manage payment...
Old 02-09-2021

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEARNINGONLY View Post
Can option 3 be done if the bank has our name on it?
Option 3 is identity theft. Just don’t do it.

In 2021 you’ll wind up in federal prison for using someone’s SS number and making a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ account. Just don’t do it. That stuff is tracked like crazy now and no matter what you think you can do with IP addresses and stuff, there’s no way to get around it with managed payments.

There’s nothing worth selling on eBay that is worth the eventual risk of that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vigilantex69 For This Useful Post:
Afm (03-12-2021), VickyRenee1 (02-10-2021)