How to successfully convert to MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 03-26-2021

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%
Default How to successfully convert to MP

As member who has used stealth with real LLC information via PayPal for 7 years like many I’m looking to this forum for insight once again.

Ok, this is a stealth forum. So it’s fair to assume 99% of us used stealth info to create an account on eBay. Now, the workaround was PayPal you could open as a business supply ein twice for ssn last four and everything is fine. It was a stealth account in the eyes of PayPal but a real account with IRS. No problem.

Working off this let’s assume we all have accounts wanting to convert from this stage. We have stealth names, but real businesses. So from what I gathered is you have a business account on eBay, with a stealth name. You leave this as is. You set up MP with real information and real SSN but it’s as a business not personal. When they check information between accounts Ayden verifies the business name on eBay as match. Since it operates off EIN there is no connection per say with eBay.

If the concern which may be valid is that opening new accounts with ayden using the same info causes a link, it’s understandable. But working to keep our active accounts we have had for years, this is the working and only working method, correct?

Summarize: real business info provided to Ayden matches info on eBay. You do not edit your stealth name on eBay but provided your real information to Ayden but because its a business they match off business information with eBay. Boom, case solved?

I understand many who do not like to share information on how to work something after it’s been worked, it’s fine. I get the game. But we mastered PayPal with EIN, if this is a working method, and it’s worked for you please share.

(P.S I don’t work off the belief we cannot savior accounts we have spent years building. I know eBay and PayPal very well. The OG users here, please chime in if you can.)

Last edited by solefoodbk; 03-26-2021 at 03:13 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-28-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: How to successfully convert to MP

Quote:
this is the working and only working method, correct?

I don't know if it's the only method but that's what I did with my accounts and all 3 are doing fine in MP today. I'll try to give you as much details as possible about what I did and what the results were.

Account #1 (the only account I have in Concierge) - This account joined MP about a year ago and was using a merchant account for payments prior. I tell eBay I'm doing business as an entity rather than an individual during MP registration. Then I give them my LLC name and it's EIN. I tell eBay I'm the sole member of the company then give them my real name and SSN. I link a business checking account which matches the LLC name given to eBay. I use instant bank verification because eBay tells you on the page where you link your bank that if you don't use instant verification, they may request bank statements to verify your info. No problems there. I'm accepted into MP the next day and the stealth name/address which had always been on the account are changed to my real personal details. (note that this is the only account my details were changed on after MP registration - possibly because of Concierge but I really don't know)

Account 2 - this account is forced into MP about 6 months later because eBay had restricted my ability to edit listings and things were starting to sell out. I tell eBay I'm doing business as an entity like I did with the first account. I give them my 2nd LLC name and it's corresponding EIN. I'm then forced to tell them I'm the only member of the company as I was with the first account, and provide my real name/SSN. I've actually never opened business bank accounts for this LLC so when it was time to link a bank account, I used a business checking account in the name of the first LLC I got into MP. I used instant verification again and it went through with no issues. I login the next day and it's an MP account without any restrictions. On this account (and the next one) though the stealth details the account was created with were not changed. I thought it was kind of weird since eBay did correct my personal details on the first account. The only difference between account #1 and #2 is #1 being in Concierge so that's why I think Concierge may have had something to do with my details being changed on account #1.

Account #3 - This one has only been in for a few months. Everything was done exactly the same as #1 and #2 except for this LLC I had a matching business bank account so there wasn't a business name mismatch when I linked the bank account. I didn't have any problems and was never asked for additional information on any of my accounts.

Quote:
Summarize: real business info provided to Ayden matches info on eBay. You do not edit your stealth name on eBay but provided your real information to Ayden but because its a business they match off business information with eBay. Boom, case solved?

For the record, this statement doesn't really make any sense. You need to forget the idea that you're doing any kind of business with Adyen. You're dealing with eBay and you provide all your info to eBay. Adyen is just a backend payment processor that eBay contracted for MP but they have nothing to do with converting your accounts to MP accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
pirate1122 (05-29-2021)
Old 03-31-2021
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't know if it's the only method but that's what I did with my accounts and all 3 are doing fine in MP today. I'll try to give you as much details as possible about what I did and what the results were.

Account #1 (the only account I have in Concierge) - This account joined MP about a year ago and was using a merchant account for payments prior. I tell eBay I'm doing business as an entity rather than an individual during MP registration. Then I give them my LLC name and it's EIN. I tell eBay I'm the sole member of the company then give them my real name and SSN. I link a business checking account which matches the LLC name given to eBay. I use instant bank verification because eBay tells you on the page where you link your bank that if you don't use instant verification, they may request bank statements to verify your info. No problems there. I'm accepted into MP the next day and the stealth name/address which had always been on the account are changed to my real personal details. (note that this is the only account my details were changed on after MP registration - possibly because of Concierge but I really don't know)

Account 2 - this account is forced into MP about 6 months later because eBay had restricted my ability to edit listings and things were starting to sell out. I tell eBay I'm doing business as an entity like I did with the first account. I give them my 2nd LLC name and it's corresponding EIN. I'm then forced to tell them I'm the only member of the company as I was with the first account, and provide my real name/SSN. I've actually never opened business bank accounts for this LLC so when it was time to link a bank account, I used a business checking account in the name of the first LLC I got into MP. I used instant verification again and it went through with no issues. I login the next day and it's an MP account without any restrictions. On this account (and the next one) though the stealth details the account was created with were not changed. I thought it was kind of weird since eBay did correct my personal details on the first account. The only difference between account #1 and #2 is #1 being in Concierge so that's why I think Concierge may have had something to do with my details being changed on account #1.

Account #3 - This one has only been in for a few months. Everything was done exactly the same as #1 and #2 except for this LLC I had a matching business bank account so there wasn't a business name mismatch when I linked the bank account. I didn't have any problems and was never asked for additional information on any of my accounts.

For the record, this statement doesn't really make any sense. You need to forget the idea that you're doing any kind of business with Adyen. You're dealing with eBay and you provide all your info to eBay. Adyen is just a backend payment processor that eBay contracted for MP but they have nothing to do with converting your accounts to MP accounts.
I am looking to create my first stealth account after having my first account banned last year. I recently created an LLC and generated an EIN. Assuming that I am required to use MP and not Paypal, when signing up, should I use my real name or a stealth name. The address I used and will be providing for my LLC is different than the previous address used on my banned account.
Old 04-01-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckissinger View Post
I am looking to create my first stealth account after having my first account banned last year. I recently created an LLC and generated an EIN. Assuming that I am required to use MP and not Paypal, when signing up, should I use my real name or a stealth name. The address I used and will be providing for my LLC is different than the previous address used on my banned account.
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s

You should always be using stealth name - I have seen the steps dealing with MP are constantly discussed in other threads
Old 04-01-2021
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s

You should always be using stealth name - I have seen the steps dealing with MP are constantly discussed in other threads
Thanks!

If I use a variation of my first name, is that sufficient?
Old 04-01-2021

Longevity: 38%

It's highly likely that, at this time, you'll be using Paypal.
Old 04-03-2021

Longevity: 65%

Quote:

When you converted these accounts were all 3 business accounts from the beginning or personal under stealth name and you provided LLC when registering for MP?
Old 04-04-2021
Threadstarter  

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:

Wow, brilliant! Thank you so much for the insight! This is exactly what I was thinking, and seems to be the best approach. Etsy is very similar with respect to "stealths". You can open a new account under your same SSN without issues. It must be the same or similar with eBay. I have no other choice but to follow these guidelines.

I'm currently told I need to upgrade by April 6th. I'm in the process of opening a new business account and was a little concerned that I'd need to wait another month for my invoice as I was reading you get asked after $4000. Sounds like you have a remedy for this with instant verification.

In regards to Ayden, my underlying point was information stored on Ayden may not be directly connected with eBay. If it was, you'd have to assume this strategy wouldn't work. Specifically talking about verification with the SSN.

Side note: I just upgraded my shop to Anchor but am technically not apart of concierge. In the past you could upgrade and be automatically enrolled with merchant support now called "concierge". Thats apparently changed BUT if you have their phone number, which I do, you can still get their support. Just call them up. I only use it when its something of urgency, because the staff is limited I don't like calling to frequently.

Cant not say thank you enough for taking time out of your day to respond! I think anyone like myself facing this temporary obstacle can appreciate this help from you.