eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   US Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/)
-   -   Ebay MP account with just LLC no SSN (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/143456-ebay-mp-account-just-llc-no-ssn.html)

astarael 05-10-2021 05:33 AM

Ebay MP account with just LLC no SSN

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if an MP Ebay account could be set up with just an LLC + EIN and no SSN? I have an LLC + EIN, but being a foreigner I don't have an SSN so was wondering if the details I have could pass and to replace SSN request with EIN number. I won't be able to provide any photo ID with SSN if Ebay asks for this, only real business registration documents. Hoping that someone who has used this could provide some advice or pointers please. Please do feel free to PM me if that is better. Thank you! :help:

mjgo 05-10-2021 08:16 AM

Re: Ebay MP account with just LLC no SSN

It is not possible ebay still wants last 4 of SSN

phaz0rz 05-10-2021 10:19 AM

As far as I know nobody here has tried the old workaround we used with Paypal, which was giving your EIN for both EIN and SSN.

Before giving up on the account it's probably worth trying. When they ask for SSN just give them the last four digits of your EIN. (they asked me for my entire SSN on all the accounts I've switched but maybe that's different now. :noidea:)

mjgo 05-10-2021 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1152975)
As far as I know nobody here has tried the old workaround we used with Paypal, which was giving your EIN for both EIN and SSN.

Before giving up on the account it's probably worth trying. When they ask for SSN just give them the last four digits of your EIN. (they asked me for my entire SSN on all the accounts I've switched but maybe that's different now. :noidea:)

With this method using last 4 of EIN what happens when they send 1099K I am wondering how this would work next year.

HurricaneHuntr 05-10-2021 11:17 AM

It would go to the business or later in the year paypal would say the information is wrong.

phaz0rz 05-10-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjgo (Post 1152977)
With this method using last 4 of EIN what happens when they send 1099K I am wondering how this would work next year.

1099k has your EIN on it regardless, if you give them an EIN and tell them you're operating as a business. It wouldn't make any difference.
It would be just like it is with Paypal now when you upgrade a personal "stealth" account to business and give them your EIN twice. It doesn't make any difference because your 1099k has your business name + EIN when it's made.

I'm just not sure if eBay would accept it like Paypal does.

yankee 05-10-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1152975)
(they asked me for my entire SSN on all the accounts I've switched but maybe that's different now. :noidea:)

When you first switch over, select personal, they require the last 4 of SS, then when you hit 20k they need a whole number and you upgrade to business and give them your EIN.

thsmith3 05-10-2021 12:20 PM

When switching over to MP, I used EIN number for both EIN & Social Security question and was suspended within a couple of days after trying to verify. Also they are telling me they will hold funds remaining indefinitly.

mjgo 05-10-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thsmith3 (Post 1152991)
When switching over to MP, I used EIN number for both EIN & Social Security question and was suspended within a couple of days after trying to verify. Also they are telling me they will hold funds remaining indefinitly.

Good to know. I guess that is a no no. Thanks for sharing

astarael 05-11-2021 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thsmith3 (Post 1152991)

Was your switch from a business acct to a business MP acct? I have been going through the threads and someone mentioned that Ebay won't suspend you for entering wrong SSN/data. Here is the thread -> https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-man...-accounts.html