MisMatched Managed payments account is still working - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-30-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default MisMatched Managed payments account is still working

I received "Getting paid on eBay has changed" notification two months ago and the same day I signed up for MP using random info ( ssn , b-day ) , bank info is mismatched. and then one day later , I received " you need to update your bank account information & identity information " notification.

I didn't update any info , it's been two months. this MP account still working fine : I can still list new listings , I can receive payments using MP . my bank still can receive fund from this MP account.

I didn't expect it to take more than two months that long, and I know sooner or later it will need to be updated in order to continue keeping this account.

anyone have a deadline ? any thought ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: MisMatched Managed payments account is still working

Could be a glitch on their end and your account is fine since you are receiving funds...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
mark2be (05-30-2021)
Old 05-30-2021

Longevity: 44%

I've had that notice on my stealth MP account since November, still working fine.
Old 05-30-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Could be a glitch on their end and your account is fine since you are receiving funds...

I don't think it's a glitch. sooner or later it will be mandatory to be updated your real info . just no idea when it will be
Old 05-30-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor3k View Post
I've had that notice on my stealth MP account since November, still working fine.

When you go to seller hub page on eBay, there is notification on the top says " you need to update your account details on file in order to avoid any issues with payouts in the future "

is it correct ?
Old 05-31-2021

Longevity: 44%

Yep, been there for months.
Old 05-31-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday1206 View Post
I received "Getting paid on eBay has changed" notification two months ago and the same day I signed up for MP using random info ( ssn , b-day ) , bank info is mismatched. and then one day later , I received " you need to update your bank account information & identity information " notification.

I didn't update any info , it's been two months. this MP account still working fine : I can still list new listings , I can receive payments using MP . my bank still can receive fund from this MP account.

I didn't expect it to take more than two months that long, and I know sooner or later it will need to be updated in order to continue keeping this account.

This is the case right now up until a certain threshold when they need to verifiy the full ssn number, and in 2022, they will want full ssn number verified at 600 dollars in sales since the tax threshold is going way down for payment processors.
Old 05-31-2021

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by purposeremo View Post
This is the case right now up until a certain threshold when they need to verifiy the full ssn number, and in 2022, they will want full ssn number verified at 600 dollars in sales since the tax threshold is going way down for payment processors.
I guess it means that some US sellers will be migrating to other countries and dealing with payoneer in the future. Eventually this has been like this all along , some americans down here have been complaining about paypal USA that they have limits which information to provide and how much turnover to make and other americans just go to paypal in small countries and withdraw to their US bank accounts without any verification at all because there are lots of countries with low levels of compliance requirements
Old 05-31-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:

$600 limit means all stealth accounts will over for sure. everybody will have to provide real tax info to IRS via eBay . this is not about eBay Managed Payments but IRS
Old 05-31-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
I guess it means that some US sellers will be migrating to other countries and dealing with payoneer in the future. Eventually this has been like this all along , some americans down here have been complaining about paypal USA that they have limits which information to provide and how much turnover to make and other americans just go to paypal in small countries and withdraw to their US bank accounts without any verification at all because there are lots of countries with low levels of compliance requirements
What are those countries with the low levels of compliance? Because others have asked on this forum for them and the answer seems to be that the ones keep being brought up are going to managed payments as well.
Old 05-31-2021

Activity: 82%

Quote:
What are those countries with the low levels of compliance? Because others have asked on this forum for them and the answer seems to be that the ones keep being brought up are going to managed payments as well.
it is any small country where paypal does not offer local bank accounts and local currency. on all those countries it is possible to withdraw to USA directly. I know people from the US who have been using such accounts for years just liked it used to be in the US in the past before these restrictions came into effect
Old 05-31-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
This is the case right now up until a certain threshold when they need to verifiy the full ssn number
Do you know this as a fact or is this what you believe will happen? Logically, it makes sense and I do not doubt that this wont happen. But for clarification, is this a fact you have witnessed or is this what you think will happen?

The part of 2022, all sales totaling $600 or more, is 100% true. Again, thanks to our dumbass-in-chief
Old 05-31-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
Do you know this as a fact or is this what you believe will happen? Logically, it makes sense and I do not doubt that this wont happen. But for clarification, is this a fact you have witnessed or is this what you think will happen?

The part of 2022, all sales totaling $600 or more, is 100% true. Again, thanks to our dumbass-in-chief
The threshold part before verifying full ssn identity I heard from hurricane seller. This is in regards to the random last 4 ssn method so far people are using. He said something along the lines of 5k threshold. I have personally not reached 5k threshold on any of my new MP stealths, in about 2 months I will in a couple and will know for sure.

Last edited by purposeremo; 05-31-2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-01-2021

Activity: 1%

Quote:

So it's like PayPal, they don't ask for verification until you receive a certain amount of 💰

You entered stealth DOB and SSN only?, what about name/ adress, same as bank?, also stealth right?, as far as I know it doesn't have to match your bank info ...
Old 06-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorcat View Post
So it's like PayPal, they don't ask for verification until you receive a certain amount of 💰

You entered stealth DOB and SSN only?, what about name/ adress, same as bank?, also stealth right?, as far as I know it doesn't have to match your bank info ...

All info are stealth with real bank info. and yes, no need to match your bank info so far
Old 06-03-2021

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
All info are stealth with real bank info. and yes, no need to match your bank info so far
Was this an older existing account with previous sales or new account with no sales prior to MP.
Old 06-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
Was this an older existing account with previous sales or new account with no sales prior to MP.
over 10 years stealth account
Old 06-03-2021

Longevity: 72%

I passed about 3000$ and now get this message

"We couldn't verify the identity information you provided. More Details But if everything looks good, you'll need to upload a photo ID instead so we can verify you.
Please update your identity information by Jul 01, 2021 to release your held payouts and avoid further restrictions"

On March 2021, I entered my real bank info but entered random SSN and birth day
I was getting payments without no problem but I guess now it will be problem.

I am wondering if I get an EIN and convert this account business account it will be OK or not? any ideas?
Old 06-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
The threshold part before verifying full ssn identity I heard from hurricane seller. This is in regards to the random last 4 ssn method so far people are using. He said something along the lines of 5k threshold. I have personally not reached 5k threshold on any of my new MP stealths, in about 2 months I will in a couple and will know for sure.
Things change. Just like the method of creating non managed payments, went away last Thursday.
You never know when they will change this threshold as well. I have heard it happen after first sale before, whether true or not, I don't know.I don't sell much on ebay these days. Sadly, sales are slow everywhere

Last edited by TGMT²; 06-04-2021 at 02:01 AM.
Old 06-22-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyacarr View Post
I passed about 3000$ and now get this message

"We couldn't verify the identity information you provided. More Details But if everything looks good, you'll need to upload a photo ID instead so we can verify you.
Please update your identity information by Jul 01, 2021 to release your held payouts and avoid further restrictions"

On March 2021, I entered my real bank info but entered random SSN and birth day
I was getting payments without no problem but I guess now it will be problem.

I am wondering if I get an EIN and convert this account business account it will be OK or not? any ideas?
I have the exact same question. Someone please answer this.
Old 06-22-2021

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Yesterday when i was creating another acc at the point of giving eBay a bank account there was a message popped up: "make sure your bank account has the same name (stealth name)". So i couldn't do it. Because of my having my real name on the account mismatching the stealth name.
Old 06-22-2021

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunmiosan View Post
I have the exact same question. Someone please answer this.
You will still have to give them the business owner credentials.