eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   US Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/)
-   -   Different name on Bank and ebay for managed approvec (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/144116-different-name-bank-ebay-managed-approvec.html)

nazeefo 06-22-2021 07:04 AM

Different name on Bank and ebay for managed approvec

Have any one tried linking a bank with ebay with different name?
What i mean is ebay is verified with different information and bank has different name.

phaz0rz 06-22-2021 08:40 AM

Re: Different name on Bank and ebay for managed approvec

I used mismatching LLC's.

For example eBay account named Best Products LLC is linked to business checking account with name Worst Products LLC.

shani1212 06-22-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1159267)

For example eBay account named Best Products LLC is linked to business checking account with name Worst Products LLC.

This mismatching methods work well with managed plan w. ebay ? I'm also thinking of doing this...

phaz0rz 06-22-2021 10:28 AM

I don't know enough about it to say yes it definitely works in all situations. What I can say is that it worked for me with a mismatching business checking account, using the method where you login to online banking and choose your account rather than micro-deposit verification. I haven't attempted to add any personal checking accounts to MP.

mjgo 06-23-2021 09:53 PM

I have with no issues

dune 06-23-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjgo (Post 1159464)
I have with no issues

Microdeposits?, how long have you been selling since then?

phaz0rz 06-24-2021 08:10 AM

To update the thread I just realized eBay is aware of my mismatch but they don't seem to care. When I was digging around my account looking for an answer to another thread I realized that the actual LLC name on my bank account shows in my eBay profile, even though it's a different LLC name than the one on the account.

On another of my accounts my personal name shows for the bank account even though it's a business bank account I added. How very confusing. :noidea:

Aguero 06-24-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1159543)
To update the thread I just realized eBay is aware of my mismatch but they don't seem to care. When I was digging around my account looking for an answer to another thread I realized that the actual LLC name on my bank account shows in my eBay profile, even though it's a different LLC name than the one on the account.

On another of my accounts my personal name shows for the bank account even though it's a business bank account I added. How very confusing. :noidea:

The reason can be that is a business eBay account ?

phaz0rz 06-24-2021 09:28 AM

I guess, but it's sort of confusing. All of my MP accounts are business accounts and all of the bank accounts linked to them are business checking accounts.

Business eBay account #1 is linked to Business checking account #1 but shows my personal name for the bank account instead of the LLC it's really in the name of.
Business eBay account #2 is linked to Business checking account #2 (which is in the LLC name of business eBay account #1) and shows the LLC name of business eBay account #1.

So neither is technically a "match" but I've had no issues with payouts.

HurricaneHuntr 06-24-2021 09:42 AM

Never an issue. I have created accounts and used mismatching bank, they don't care. Ive never even been requested for docs for this. Have had no issues going over to MP with my accounts. one did get mc011'd but no idea if anything to do with anything

Aguero 06-24-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHuntr (Post 1159552)
Never an issue. I have created accounts and used mismatching bank, they don't care. Ive never even been requested for docs for this. Have had no issues going over to MP with my accounts. one did get mc011'd but no idea if anything to do with anything

Business or personal accounts ? EU members got banned this way, but I'm not sure if that was the reason.

HurricaneHuntr 06-24-2021 10:05 AM

personal. don't mess with business. So far no issues

phaz0rz 06-24-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHuntr (Post 1159552)

But have you had the accounts active long enough to build a history of sales in MP?

There are already a lot of threads here made by users who thought they made a "stealth MP account" and were good to go, only to have issues a couple weeks down the road. There's that one UK guy who's saying eBay left all his listings active and let him continue getting sales - they just stopped sending any payouts to his bank account because they couldn't verify his account info and they're saying "it would be illegal" to send payouts without ID verification.

I'm also curious what you're doing about tax ID's.. Apparently next year you won't be allowed a single sale without a tax ID on file, so what options do you have then..?

Business accounts are the only way to go if you care about your accounts lasting for the long run. There is no way to get around all the obstacles MP and the IRS present with "stealth personal accounts" unless you're just using stolen identities. :nono:

tigerlite 07-01-2021 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1159267)

interesting

mrl811 07-02-2021 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1159280)
I don't know enough about it to say yes it definitely works in all situations. What I can say is that it worked for me with a mismatching business checking account, using the method where you login to online banking and choose your account rather than micro-deposit verification. I haven't attempted to add any personal checking accounts to MP.

Trying to use the log in method but keep getting this error

Sorry, this account cannot be used. Please go to your bank's website to verify your login credentials and try again.

Scotiabank :(

ScottieBoi 07-02-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrl811 (Post 1160923)
Trying to use the log in method but keep getting this error

Sorry, this account cannot be used. Please go to your bank's website to verify your login credentials and try again.

Scotiabank :(

I didn't use the online banking login for verification on any of mine. I didn't want to give them access to possibly see my other accounts, though they probably could not. I entered the info manually on all of mine and it worked fine.

Redman 07-08-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHuntr (Post 1159557)
personal. don't mess with business. So far no issues

You still going strong with personal ebay accounts? I'm wondering if personal Ebay account keeping it under the stealth information instead of converting to business might be a better idea. I'm just curious to know how this works when tax time comes around and ebay starts issuing docs to the IRS