Different name on Bank and ebay for managed approvec - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-22-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Different name on Bank and ebay for managed approvec

Have any one tried linking a bank with ebay with different name?
What i mean is ebay is verified with different information and bank has different name.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Different name on Bank and ebay for managed approvec

I used mismatching LLC's.

For example eBay account named Best Products LLC is linked to business checking account with name Worst Products LLC.
Old 06-22-2021

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

For example eBay account named Best Products LLC is linked to business checking account with name Worst Products LLC.
This mismatching methods work well with managed plan w. ebay ? I'm also thinking of doing this...
Old 06-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I don't know enough about it to say yes it definitely works in all situations. What I can say is that it worked for me with a mismatching business checking account, using the method where you login to online banking and choose your account rather than micro-deposit verification. I haven't attempted to add any personal checking accounts to MP.
Old 06-23-2021

Longevity: 23%

I have with no issues
Old 06-23-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgo View Post
I have with no issues
Microdeposits?, how long have you been selling since then?
Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

To update the thread I just realized eBay is aware of my mismatch but they don't seem to care. When I was digging around my account looking for an answer to another thread I realized that the actual LLC name on my bank account shows in my eBay profile, even though it's a different LLC name than the one on the account.

On another of my accounts my personal name shows for the bank account even though it's a business bank account I added. How very confusing.
Old 06-24-2021

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
To update the thread I just realized eBay is aware of my mismatch but they don't seem to care. When I was digging around my account looking for an answer to another thread I realized that the actual LLC name on my bank account shows in my eBay profile, even though it's a different LLC name than the one on the account.

On another of my accounts my personal name shows for the bank account even though it's a business bank account I added. How very confusing.
The reason can be that is a business eBay account ?
Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

I guess, but it's sort of confusing. All of my MP accounts are business accounts and all of the bank accounts linked to them are business checking accounts.

Business eBay account #1 is linked to Business checking account #1 but shows my personal name for the bank account instead of the LLC it's really in the name of.
Business eBay account #2 is linked to Business checking account #2 (which is in the LLC name of business eBay account #1) and shows the LLC name of business eBay account #1.

So neither is technically a "match" but I've had no issues with payouts.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Aguero (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Never an issue. I have created accounts and used mismatching bank, they don't care. Ive never even been requested for docs for this. Have had no issues going over to MP with my accounts. one did get mc011'd but no idea if anything to do with anything
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
sam alam (06-24-2021)
Old 06-24-2021

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHuntr View Post
Never an issue. I have created accounts and used mismatching bank, they don't care. Ive never even been requested for docs for this. Have had no issues going over to MP with my accounts. one did get mc011'd but no idea if anything to do with anything
Business or personal accounts ? EU members got banned this way, but I'm not sure if that was the reason.
Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

personal. don't mess with business. So far no issues
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
Redman (07-08-2022)
Old 06-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
But have you had the accounts active long enough to build a history of sales in MP?

There are already a lot of threads here made by users who thought they made a "stealth MP account" and were good to go, only to have issues a couple weeks down the road. There's that one UK guy who's saying eBay left all his listings active and let him continue getting sales - they just stopped sending any payouts to his bank account because they couldn't verify his account info and they're saying "it would be illegal" to send payouts without ID verification.

I'm also curious what you're doing about tax ID's.. Apparently next year you won't be allowed a single sale without a tax ID on file, so what options do you have then..?

Business accounts are the only way to go if you care about your accounts lasting for the long run. There is no way to get around all the obstacles MP and the IRS present with "stealth personal accounts" unless you're just using stolen identities.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 06-24-2021 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2021

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 59%

Quote:

interesting
Old 07-02-2021

Longevity: 32%

Quote:
I don't know enough about it to say yes it definitely works in all situations. What I can say is that it worked for me with a mismatching business checking account, using the method where you login to online banking and choose your account rather than micro-deposit verification. I haven't attempted to add any personal checking accounts to MP.
Trying to use the log in method but keep getting this error

Sorry, this account cannot be used. Please go to your bank's website to verify your login credentials and try again.

Scotiabank :(
Old 07-02-2021

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrl811 View Post
Trying to use the log in method but keep getting this error

Sorry, this account cannot be used. Please go to your bank's website to verify your login credentials and try again.

Scotiabank :(
I didn't use the online banking login for verification on any of mine. I didn't want to give them access to possibly see my other accounts, though they probably could not. I entered the info manually on all of mine and it worked fine.
Old 07-08-2022

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
personal. don't mess with business. So far no issues
You still going strong with personal ebay accounts? I'm wondering if personal Ebay account keeping it under the stealth information instead of converting to business might be a better idea. I'm just curious to know how this works when tax time comes around and ebay starts issuing docs to the IRS