Reusing suspended EIN on new account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 01-06-2023

Activity: 28%
Longevity: 58%
Default Reusing suspended EIN on new account

I search the forum haven't seen anyone directly speak on this. I know most don't like to share information if it works, but I'm hopeful I can get insight into this.

Long story short I have used up my EIN's. The most recent account I made got flagged probably because of IPBurger, which sucks. Such a waste of an account. Without much history its hard to pass these MC011. I know from my experience there is no links when signing up with a new business account reusing your real SSN. What I do not know is if you can open a new eBay account reusing the same EIN but change everything else. In other words new bank account, new address, new phone number, new IP etc.

Does anyone have experience in this working/not working? I think it works on Etsy, so it should work on eBay? My next account I'm going to go really slow.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-06-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%
Default Re: Reusing suspended EIN on new account

I dont think it will work using the same EIN number. Its better to just create a new one and use it. You can open up another EIN number under the same address and it should work
Old 01-07-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISellitAll View Post
I dont think it will work using the same EIN number. Its better to just create a new one and use it. You can open up another EIN number under the same address and it should work
Yeah I'm not even going to try it. Sounds like for some it works. The fact we can reuse our names & dob still is odd for me. Maybe I will in the future, but just sucks getting suspended for stupid things on newer accounts.
Old 01-09-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Yeah I'm not even going to try it. Sounds like for some it works. The fact we can reuse our names & dob still is odd for me. Maybe I will in the future, but just sucks getting suspended for stupid things on newer accounts.
What do you mean when you say u can reuse your real name and don't? On a business account or a personal? And when you said you can reuse a ssn have u had any experience with that?

That would mean that by just changing ones address and phone number and bank account and ip & cookies one could make a new account?

Can you explain? Also when you go through the ein process do they still request an ID of the agent and is the ein a sole prop or a corp?

I'll tell you how I got an account to 300k in a month very odd...but worked I bought 20 items from Chinese sellers that gave auto feedback and than called and stated I was transferring my business to ebay. But after selling 50k in a few weeks I was banned for ne reason at all. Had I slowed down I would have had a nice 🙂 account. I guess it's trail and error and if you can reiterate on those few things you mentioned can help me as well. Thanks
Old 01-09-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I would wait a few months and test it. I would not do it right away.
Old 01-09-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I would wait a few months and test it. I would not do it right away.
I already tried reusing everything just to see what happens, suspended two days later. Not surprised because the phone number is a dead giveaway. That was basically reusing everything, in this case its more about changing everything except EIN + SSN/DOB and personal name. I'll try again probably in a few months.

From my experience so far it seems the personal details like "stakeholder" has no linkage from prior business accounts that have been suspended. Each time I've tried to do little changes in the name, and address but DOB + SSN is obviously always the same.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-09-2023 at 02:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
robjobs1 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 01-09-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Are you actually experimenting with something?
Old 01-09-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Are you actually experimenting with something?
I'll try it in a few weeks and see what happens but the problem is I can never have confidence in the account which I don't like. My two questions are 1) do accounts get linked via bank accounts 2) can they get linked by EIN

I already know you aren't linked by personal name + dob + SSN, otherwise it would be impossible to open a new account without stealing others information. The most important question I'd like to know is can you reopen a "stealth like" account with everything new except EIN + business name + personal name + dob + SSN.

We give adyen our SSN + EIN during sign up not eBay. It is in our account of course, but does eBay have a system set up to detect this? I don't think they do, nor does Etsy. I'm not sure its possible either which maybe is why they're so strict on new accounts after sign up. The whole stealth game is strange now because I can reopen accounts on Paypal that got banned with the same EIN? I don't understand why but it works perfectly fine.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-09-2023 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2023

Quote:
I'll try it in a few weeks and see what happens but the problem is I can never have confidence in the account which I don't like. My two questions are 1) do accounts get linked via bank accounts 2) can they get linked by EIN

I already know you aren't linked by personal name + dob + SSN, otherwise it would be impossible to open a new account without stealing others information. The most important question I'd like to know is can you reopen a "stealth like" account with everything new except EIN + business name + personal name + dob + SSN.

We give adyen our SSN + EIN during sign up not eBay. It is in our account of course, but does eBay have a system set up to detect this? I don't think they do, nor does Etsy. I'm not sure its possible either which maybe is why they're so strict on new accounts after sign up. The whole stealth game is strange now because I can reopen accounts on Paypal that got banned with the same EIN? I don't understand why but it works perfectly fine.
The question is did it really work? If it really worked would you be here still trying to figure it out? I actually have many profiles and use new phones and Sims and the app which won't show exact location and the accounts still get kicked. One account got banned without ever selling anything just by using an ebay gift card to buy something.
Old 01-12-2023
Threadstarter  

From what I gather after a certain amount of time they remove your ability to chat, and now when I call in my account does not register with my phone number. Which is a little odd, I can't remember if that is normal or not. Maybe it is, but seems like information gets deleted. I know not everything of course, but this seems to be a glimpse into why we can reopen accounts under the same name I think. The security measures how they treat suspended accounts is defiantly different then pre MP.
Old 03-08-2023

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 22%

I got back on using the same name + SSN but with a different but real address and phone number. I know for manually suspended accounts, the associated phone numbers are black listed. So get a new number.

I created a new account using a computer at work but has been selling at home from the same IP that my old account was accessing from.
Old 03-08-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebizz View Post
I got back on using the same name + SSN but with a different but real address and phone number. I know for manually suspended accounts, the associated phone numbers are black listed. So get a new number.

I created a new account using a computer at work but has been selling at home from the same IP that my old account was accessing from.
I dont see how this will work long term,-Same name,same SSN and same IP?
Old 03-08-2023

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 78%

Yup, recipe for disaster, it will be picked up by eBay on an account review.
Old 03-09-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
I search the forum haven't seen anyone directly speak on this. I know most don't like to share information if it works, but I'm hopeful I can get insight into this.

Long story short I have used up my EIN's. The most recent account I made got flagged probably because of IPBurger, which sucks. Such a waste of an account. Without much history its hard to pass these MC011. I know from my experience there is no links when signing up with a new business account reusing your real SSN. What I do not know is if you can open a new eBay account reusing the same EIN but change everything else. In other words new bank account, new address, new phone number, new IP etc.

Does anyone have experience in this working/not working? I think it works on Etsy, so it should work on eBay? My next account I'm going to go really slow.
"I know from my experience there is no links when signing up with a new business account reusing your real SSN. "

Are you sure??
Old 03-09-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by guoguo914 View Post
"I know from my experience there is no links when signing up with a new business account reusing your real SSN. "

Are you sure??
any reuse of old info has potential to cause links
Old 03-20-2023

Longevity: 72%

This thread is bizarre.

Why not just get a new EIN and bank account if you're sure that there is no linkage by any other details except that?

A new EIN and bank account are easy to get.
Old 03-20-2023

So what happened? Any luck
Old 03-23-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
This thread is bizarre.

Why not just get a new EIN and bank account if you're sure that there is no linkage by any other details except that?

A new EIN and bank account are easy to get.
decent approach
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
martyjump (03-24-2023)