Any of you sold Branded Phones on eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Any of you sold Branded Phones on eBay?

Just wondering, since I know a lot of people dropship branded phones from China, but wouldn't that lead to a fast suspension?

I'm pretty sure that's why many are suspended, but I just wanted further insight to how things worked out.

Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2009

Longevity: 85%

I had bad experience with 3 phones i sold and were from China, had to refund all 3 customers as i realised that the phones were bad copies ! Aargh ! I would avoid this unless you have bought one to see how authentic it looks. Check before you buy and sell is my new motto
Old 08-28-2009

Longevity: 86%

There are plenty of legit goods with good profit margin...u need to learn how to find them!

but still if u are hell bent on doing copies from China....go by this Rule:

The LESS technology involved...The BETTER...

i.e mobile is better then laptop

hair straightner is better then mobile...

DVDs are better then hair straightner....etc....
Old 08-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairgo View Post
There are plenty of legit goods with good profit margin...u need to learn how to find them!

I assume you must have experience in this field. What kind of profit margins are we talking about? I find it rare to see original copies unless they're old models, and the profit isn't worthy of transaction.
Old 08-28-2009

Longevity: 93%

Research my friend...You can make money, but the margins are low, so volume is important.

Avoid drop-shipping. Individual international shipping charges per phone erode your margins. Stock up on the phones yourself, then ship. Your overseas shipping costs will be reduced and your margins will increase.
Old 08-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

A seller had to get rid of a few of their personal phones that they dont use anymore. Dealing with cell phones on ebay was very frustrating. It would sometimes take multiple selling attempts to get it sold. A lot of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyers from competition and a lot of poor excuses as to why they cant pay.

From what the seller has seen, phones from Cn is really not that great of a product.

Quote:
The LESS technology involved...The BETTER...

i.e mobile is better then laptop

hair straightner is better then mobile...

DVDs are better then hair straightner....etc....
Thats a decent rule to think of, Maybe the items are twisted a bit in that example. But the idea is good.
Old 08-28-2009

everytime i ask my supplier about electronics..he just says best to stay away,he said he'd send me a free iphone just so i can see how it is but i was like whatever,im sure there are some electronics that are more than decent but from my supplier and a few other people have told me is that they really are junk and as someone else said,there are far better copies to sell than electronics that are more than good enough
Old 08-29-2009

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allurre07 View Post
I assume you must have experience in this field. What kind of profit margins are we talking about? I find it rare to see original copies unless they're old models, and the profit isn't worthy of transaction.
there are different strategies...

1) low profit margin but high volume...a lot of people use this way.
2) High profit margin....but very small ticket item not worth it for some.
3) high profit margin...big ticket items...high volume... <--- this is great but requires a lot of capital

Here is a free give way of a great Niche i personally found through research, "Key Finders" if you search places like alibaba dot com you will find some selling as low as 10-20 cents!!

and you can re-sell them on Egay for close to $4-5 per piece....profit margin? roughly 20+ times ur investment (2000%)

or you can get a bit more expensive models buying at $5-10 range and they are selling on egay right now at $40-50$ range.....

There are currently over 50,000 categories in Egay....so the potential to find profitable niche products is abundant enough to make quite a few people rich here...but you must learn the art of research and sourcing....a few good contacts/agents could also be very helpful.

i recommend using terapeak for egay research...its a very powerful tool but if u dont use it correctly then its useless....

Wish you all the best
The Following User Says Thank You to fairgo For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (01-18-2010)
Old 01-17-2010

Longevity: 82%

GUYS THERE ARE MANY SCAMMERS OVER HERE SO WATCH OUT!!! I JUST GOT SCAMMED FROM ONE OF THE FINNISH USER ID "niemillonen" HER EMAIL ADD IS niemillonen@gmail.com.

She sells Iphone 3gs 32GB Unlocked for $660. And after payment from paypal she never replys, and sends me a clone china made iphone costs only $50. So that's the game BEAWARE OF SUCH TYPE OF FINNISH SCAMMERS.
Old 01-17-2010

i have an idea? since about 90% of counterfeit goods in my country, being the U.S. come from China, then why dont all US users simply not take the risk and dont deal with people from China. I learned the hard way myself a long long time ago. IMO it makes no sense to deal with people from China and your always taking a risk. No matter what their ratings are. People in their country are some of the most sophisticated scammers in the world. When it comes to counterfeit goods, and scamming, China is filled with the cream of the crop in that department. As for selling branded phones, i have managed to sell high end phones and electronics on new accounts without suspension.
Old 01-17-2010
Banned

^^^^^^^^^^Crazy. Do your homework that's all I can say.
Old 01-17-2010

dealing with china is asking for trouble. near every experience i have had with them has been horrible. in ebay, and in other businesses. when it comes to business, they are just not trustworthy people as a whole imo.

Last edited by kingfish900; 01-17-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2010

maybe you should do a little yourself? look it up, its kind of common knowledge that the majority of counterfeit goods come from china, every country has their thing. afghanistan you have your opium trade, china you have your counterfeit goods, canada has their marijuanua importation, and the U.S. is the melting pot of all of the above on a lower scale. point is if you did your homework, you would know that vast majority of counterfeit goods come from china and you deal with them at your own risk. as for selling branded phones, i have done so on newer accounts and not had any problems. as well as laptops and other electronics. pm me.
Old 01-17-2010

seriously, be smart, and stay far away from china suppliers. unless you have good previous history with them. even then their liable for anything.
Old 01-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

research is all very well but you cannot know everything that will happen re an order, pay by paypal or credit card, bottom line...........
Old 01-19-2010

my point exactly, you can never know what happens period in any situation whether it involves paypal, credit card, etc. and when you add a chinese buyer or seller in the mix, your only increasing that uncertainty of what could happen. in business uncertainty often leads to messy situations and money lost.
Closed Thread