Is Vero a gray area? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Old 02-04-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Is Vero a gray area?

I am having a hard time figuring out exactly what is meant by vero. Many here use it as a generic term for ⊗⊗⊗⊗. As I understand it, it also includes photos and item descriptions in addition to copies/counterfeit/⊗⊗⊗⊗, etc.

I have a source for products that I would like to sell (completely legit, went through all of the hoops with the manufacturer and received approval as reseller/distributor).

My concern is that I will be reported by competitors just to try to shut me out, especially since it will be a new account. Plus, the majority of sellers right now I am almost 100% certain are not selling authentic items. I have a lot of experience in this product area and I am in the process of beginning the steps of launching my own website (thanks to SFB).

How can I be prepared or even prevent this from happening? I will be using my own pictures and my own descriptions. Is there anything I can add to my listing to prove that I am an approved legitimate seller? Or do I have to wait until a competitor reports the listing and then deal with ebay directly? I would like to avoid problems before they start.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Is Vero a gray area?

Vero is program that rights holders can register to.

Google VERO EBAY for more details on that.

Generally any phake items tends to be also be items Vero registered companies make.
Old 02-04-2014
Threadstarter  

Yes, I have googled Vero Ebay and came up with very little. I have looked at the list on ebay that shows the participant about me pages. Many that I clicked on say "user ID not found". This particular company is not included on the list at all, but I did read that other rights owners do not have about me pages.

What I really want to do is to head off any problems with other sellers before they begin. Anything I can add to my listing to let others know I am legit? I know it is not advised to contact ebay, but I don't want to get shut down just because someone thinks I am moving in on "their turf".
Old 02-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Best thing you can do if you want to be able to sell that item is get permission from the right holders of the item you want to sell asking them to authorize you to sell on eBay.
Old 02-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

There is nothing gray about VeRo.

It is simply black & white. Do not sell items that have brands unless you have the full OK from the IP rights holder.

You seem a little naive about the whole concept. Whatever your item is, it may not be allowed to be sold on ebay. No amount of words you write in a listing will change that.

Not only will you have to face competitors but you will also have the VeRo company chasing after you.

Did you read the below thread:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/13...ease-read.html

Old 02-04-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks Greenie. Yes, I had read it prior to posting anything here. Just looking for help. Not naive at all asking if there is something I can do to prevent the issue. It would be naive to start listing and then ask questions. I have no problem at all with competitors. I encourage it, but I want to level the playing field and be prepared.

When people here call ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items vero, and call copying photos vero and copying text from others vero, then the term vero becomes a gray area to me. It looks to me like anyone can become part of the vero program as long as it is their own photo and description. Am I correct?

By the way, the company I am working with isn't listed on the ebay vero program, but I will check with my rep and find out.
Old 02-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Companies sometimes hire other companies to act on their behalf, so even though a company is not listed does not mean you will not get a take down.

eBay can also act themselves to take listings down without being asked to by VERO members.

Vero can be used as a bit of a loose term on the forum sometimes, it generally refers to items being listed that are high risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
ebazstealth (02-05-2014)
Old 02-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebazstealth View Post
T
By the way, the company I am working with isn't listed on the ebay vero program, but I will check with my rep and find out.
More company are OFF that list than are on.

I can only recommend you ensure your 'rep' is fully responsible for what reasearch they do.

Sadly, we have had users here whow has said 'But I did not know'......in regards to a vErO listings.

Another point is that there are difference between the selling platforms of ebay USA & ebay co uk as regards vEro.

Old 11-12-2014

Longevity: 64%

Is it okay to sell items that are OEM and compatible with the brand product, also looking the same? But is stated as replacement or OEM unbranded. Anyone have experience with that?
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Big risk sadly

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
deebee80 (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014

Confused.com had one of mine slapped. But there are sellers at the the top ranks with thousands sold. Trying to figure out how they can??
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebee80 View Post
Confused.com had one of mine slapped. But there are sellers at the the top ranks with thousands sold. Trying to figure out how they can??
Trying to figure out how, why is only going to halt your progress forward, don't worry about them.....worry about your business and how your going make it grow.
Old 11-12-2014

Well that is exactly what i am doing, trying to add products to grow, this was a product i identified as a good seller and people are selling them, so i want to know why i had an issue selling it, as this is preventing me from growing.
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
There are always sellers that punch through the system BUT...there are also those who punch through and then get canned randomly :( happens a lot even after some time
Old 11-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
There are always sellers that punch through the system BUT...there are also those who punch through and then get canned randomly :( happens a lot even after some time
But when the seller are blatantly sitting at the top of the search for best match... how are they supposed to be able to get away with it if theres something wrong with selling OEM products? sooo frustrating and confusing. lol
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
But when the seller are blatantly sitting at the top of the search for best match... how are they supposed to be able to get away with it if theres something wrong with selling OEM products? sooo frustrating and confusing. lol
I don't have a general statement to cover all situations ...lot depends on category :( I do know ppl who experiment and test ways of sales
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I've seen a trend with Chinese/Asian vendors on Ebay, they will sell thousands of cheap items at such low cost that they probably are losing money but they are doing this to get massive amount of feedback, and possibly get Top Rated. I'm not sure if that's the key but I have noticed this often.
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
They may well have permissions on their account that you do not. Its impossible to know.

Its always better to concentrate on your own account and what you can sell, not try to work out why other people can sell certain things when you cannot.
Old 11-12-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

From my experience on Vero and a couple of ways I use. It quite often does not matter wether the company is registered to vero or not. Yes in theory then selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ is vero and I agree totally but here is my experience we sell personalised bags and things. Our vero take downs have all been by Mojang (minecraft) they are very keen. I emailed them to ask what I had done wrong no prblem with my pictures all licence free and ok to use commercially (there is a setting in chrome for this). There problem was me using the name minecraft ok. Re listed some items using creeper zombie Steve . Take down again ok not to happy that they believe they have copyright on these words but hey i cant fight them. Wheras call of duty frozen destiny dragons of berk are fine. I just need to say at this point I dont just get standard e bay feedback they inbox me personal messages the stuff we produce is fantastic.
The trick i have used and TBH it fits to the main process of stealth "slowly slowly" is look at what I am going to sell and put items similiar in my watch list from both newbies and experienced sellers. I check how many they have sold and then I wait 5 to 7 days and see if all the listings are still there. This gives me an idea of wether they are hot on vero or not.
Advanced warfare stuff is selling like hot cakes no vero.
In essence will you win probably yes if you can afford the time and legal fees. Bit we all now we cant. So stack the odds in your favour set up some stealth accounts and spread your risk
Old 11-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

OEM software os out there as a risk.

Always was and always will be.

Old 02-01-2015

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Best thing you can do if you want to be able to sell that item is get permission from the right holders of the item you want to sell asking them to authorize you to sell on eBay.
do they usually authorize you?
just wondering what the criteria is to receive the authorization from teh VERO company?
Old 02-01-2015

Longevity: 76%

my friend had an acct shut down simply for using a Photograph of the VERO item that he had google'd (instead of taking an original photo of the product)