Amazon policy violation do they "go away" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-15-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Amazon policy violation do they "go away"

do amazon policy violations go away as they do with ebay or is it when you get one it there until the end of time?

Does the heat die down as it does with ebay

Anyone have any idea about this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2014

Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Amazon policy violation do they "go away"

They dont accumulate points against you the way ebay does. Pretty much every policy violation stands on its own. You just need to follow whatever directions are in the notice.
Old 06-17-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

They are always on file, if you breach again you will be asking for trouble. Whats the warning for?
Old 06-17-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
They dont accumulate points against you the way ebay does. Pretty much every policy violation stands on its own. You just need to follow whatever directions are in the notice.
That's not true whatsoever. They stay on file as Micky said. I had one account banned as I got 2 policy violations for offering rewards to remove feedback. And another because sellers complained I was breaching their ip. 2 warnings and the 3rd time I was gone.

They definitely stay on file but I'm not sure how long for. I've tried asking amazon but they wouldn't say.
Old 06-17-2014

Longevity: 76%

Yes, it is true unfortunately.

You can check the policy violation report warnings from your own account in the notifications heading section.

All the warnings are showing on one of my accounts, even from years back. Seems stupid, but that is how they play it.

It is annoying because even if the warnings are legitimate or falsely awarded, they are building a bad record, so that when they need to ban someone, they can just point at this bad record and it is easier for them to ban...
Old 06-17-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

i realized they stay on there from my account as i can see a few from 2012 up until last year. it sucks that they stay on your record forever really.
Old 06-17-2014

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
That's not true whatsoever. They stay on file as Micky said. I had one account banned as I got 2 policy violations for offering rewards to remove feedback. And another because sellers complained I was breaching their ip. 2 warnings and the 3rd time I was gone.

They definitely stay on file but I'm not sure how long for. I've tried asking amazon but they wouldn't say.
Interesting... did the customers complain to Amazon that you were offering incentive to remove the feedback or did it seem more like an automated spider/filter that found you out?
Old 06-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
Interesting... did the customers complain to Amazon that you were offering incentive to remove the feedback or did it seem more like an automated spider/filter that found you out?
There is no way of knowing for sure but i think the second time was a competitor who had left me bad feedback. However the first was because the idiot customer messages amazon saying they would love to take them up on the offer of a free product and full refund but they don't know how to remove feedback.

Having said that on other accounts it have had the same warning and I'm pretty sure it's been picked up by their computers because if certain key words. I got a warning about 30 mins after sending them. So now I just push it until I get my first warning about feedback removal then I don't ask.
Old 06-18-2014

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post

Where do I say violations are erased? OP asked if it works like ebay where if you get like 5 violations or whatever the limit is in a month you get the boot. It doesnt. There is no formula on AZ. If you get a warning (even one) and ignore it - you pay the price. I stand by my post as correct.
Old 06-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Where do I say violations are erased? OP asked if it works like ebay where if you get like 5 violations or whatever the limit is in a month you get the boot. It doesnt. There is no formula on AZ. If you get a warning (even one) and ignore it - you pay the price. I stand by my post as correct.
Well then you did not word it very well. Saying every violation stands on it's own gives the impression that they do not accumulate. They do. They just don't tell you how. Anyway, that's sorted.