180 Day Hold Still Happening if Documents Rejected? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Australia eBay & Paypal

Australia eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.com.au Suspensions and Paypal.com.au limited accounts. This forum is geared towards AU.

Old 07-24-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Unhappy 180 Day Hold Still Happening if Documents Rejected?

So I had one of my stealth accounts limited, I havent done any business on this account in a long time and was just using it for personal purchases, bought some car parts with an echeque for $2k and they limited my account instantly, then cancelled the echeque a few days later and put the balance into Paypal not back to my bank of coarse.

They want drivers license and utility bill. I called them up to try and close the account and say that I just simply dont want to provide that info because I dont trust Paypal, and they said its the law and they hold onto the money until they get that info, and when enough time passes they hand the money over to the government who will also hold it until they get the same info...

Now it would appear that my only option is to send some dodgey documents in, but I need to know what the consequences are if they don't accept them? Does the give your money back in 180 days thing still happen if they reject your documents? Has anyone every heard of anyone getting in trouble for something like this?

What happens if I send in some completely blurry, unreadable documents? Will they just ask again?

Im happy to wait out the 180 days, as long as I eventually get it back. Just want to make sure I approach this in the best way.

Please if anyone knows anything that might help, would be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2017

Longevity: 77%
Default Re: 180 Day Hold Still Happening if Documents Rejected?

It take to 180days and they will email for you about allow you add bank account for withdrawal your money to your bank account you added before.
If you don't see they email to you that you need contact them and then they will release it for you withdrawal it.
Old 07-25-2017

Longevity: 54%

Unless you know what you are doing with the documents it is safer not to send anything and wait the 180 days. If the documents are blurry or cropped they will just ask again for better ones. Passport numbers, medicare numbers and drivers licences numbers can be easily checked online. As an alternative to these, however, you can provide a birth certificate as proof of name. The utility bill is for proof of address.
Old 07-25-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissk View Post
Unless you know what you are doing with the documents it is safer not to send anything and wait the 180 days. If the documents are blurry or cropped they will just ask again for better ones. Passport numbers, medicare numbers and drivers licences numbers can be easily checked online. As an alternative to these, however, you can provide a birth certificate as proof of name. The utility bill is for proof of address.
As far as I am aware I have to submit something and be rejected before the 180 days thing kicks in otherwise they just hold it forever... is what they basically implied over the phone.
Old 07-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

You used to be able to just upload a blank document saying you refuse to give them anything and that would start the 180 process

That may or may not still work. Its been over a year since I have tried it myself!
Old 07-31-2017
Threadstarter  

I ended up putting together a really well done birth cert and utility bill, submitted on monday morning, by 3pm they had restored the account.

I think it helped a lot that I called them twice, and both times the people I spoke to said they would watch over my case and try to expedite the process, because I was acting very distressed and unhappy about the whole situation.

Happy days

Now just not sure if I should keep using the account or not, its pretty safe now that they have 'confirmed' my ID, no?
Old 08-07-2017

Longevity: 50%

never think a pp account is "safe". you will find all accounts are susceptible to being frozen because after all, its in pp's best interests to freeze as many accounts as they can as a % will never get unfrozen and its free money for pp.