ebay VS amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-08-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Red face ebay VS amazon

hi all.

what is easy-er for stealth ebay or amazon

i have never sold on there be-for in my life

if any one would love to wright down anything that would be cool

im looking to make more money and sell diff place i sell on ebay and ioffer.

i used to sell on ebid but they SUX only made 100.00 in about a year and i had 400 items in my store lol. + you have to pay even if you don't sell on there.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-08-2014

Longevity: 61%
Default Re: ebay VS amazon

*From a UK seller perspective*

My main business is on eBay, I've started Amazon about 3 months ago (Both my normal account, not stealth)

All I know is that Amazon is good in a way as you don't have the listing limits, but sales are slower to pick up and as far as I understand reviews are common and can be quite difficult to pass, especially for stealth.

eBay Stealth I have been doing for a while now, and apart from the PayPal ID verification it seems to be easy, the problem is the listing limits!

Anyhow, hope that helps, didn't want your post to go unanswered.
Old 08-08-2014
Threadstarter  

thanks for the share and info
The Following User Says Thank You to animekings99 For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-09-2014)
Old 08-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It all depends on what you are selling if the question is which one is better. Sometimes you can get a higher price and/or more sales on one or the other depending on the product. For example, if you are selling rare books, Amazon is the better choice.

Operationally, it is more difficult to sell on Amazon than on eBay. Amazon is more advanced, technology wise and requires extra steps be taken to avoid detection. Also, they have a ZERO TOLERNCE policy when it comes to counterfeits or legitimate merchandise that is shoddy. They also require more in terms of customer service than eBay does.

If you act unprofessionally on Amazon, you will get booted a lot faster than you will at eBay. Every Amazon purchase is covered by the A-Z Guarantee, so a "no refunds" policy, or a time limit (other than Amazon's) will not work. Badgering the customer or being argumentative in any way will get you canned immediately. Breaking ANY of their rules will close your account pretty quickly.

And if you think that eBay's new seller standards are draconian, you won't like Amazon's, which have been in place for a long time now. Amazon has long used "order defect rates" to rank sellers. eBay is implementing that on August 20th, 2014. Many Top-Rated sellers will no longer be top-rated (some of my accounts included) on eBay.

And, if PayPal bans you for whatever reason, they will hold your money for 180 days, but you most likely WILL eventually get your money. If Amazon bans you for selling what they believe to be counterfeits, or if they believe your information is not real, you will lose whatever money they are holding. There are other reasons for them to confiscate your money as well and it is stated in their terms and conditions, so there is likely not much you can do about it if it happens to you.

Having said all that, Amazon CAN be very rewarding if you follow the rules and can handle the customer service aspects of it. Prices on many items tend to be higher, and profit margins fatter. And there can also be more sales than you will get on eBay. Again, the rewards part of it depends on what you are selling.

There are scammers on Amazon, just like there are on eBay. If you are the type of person who cannot simply process a loss and move on, then Amazon is not for you. If you start a huge argument every time a customer wants to return something, then Amazon is not for you. If your normal response to customers starts with something like "Dear Retarded B**CH, why not do society a favor and kill yourself?" then Amazon is not for you.

But if you can follow the stealth methods and be an adult, then go for it! What have you got to lose?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
animekings99 (08-09-2014), Geegee83 (08-09-2014), leland (08-24-2015), stanislav (08-09-2014), taerese (08-23-2015)
Old 08-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I see these toy keychains on both EB and AZ. EB sells a lot more than AZ does for me. But I also have to admit that I am bias to EB because I understand it more because I use it more.
Old 08-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It all depends on what you are selling if the question is which one is better. Sometimes you can get a higher price and/or more sales on one or the other depending on the product. For example, if you are selling rare books, Amazon is the better choice.

Operationally, it is more difficult to sell on Amazon than on eBay. Amazon is more advanced, technology wise and requires extra steps be taken to avoid detection. Also, they have a ZERO TOLERNCE policy when it comes to counterfeits or legitimate merchandise that is shoddy. They also require more in terms of customer service than eBay does.

If you act unprofessionally on Amazon, you will get booted a lot faster than you will at eBay. Every Amazon purchase is covered by the A-Z Guarantee, so a "no refunds" policy, or a time limit (other than Amazon's) will not work. Badgering the customer or being argumentative in any way will get you canned immediately. Breaking ANY of their rules will close your account pretty quickly.

And if you think that eBay's new seller standards are draconian, you won't like Amazon's, which have been in place for a long time now. Amazon has long used "order defect rates" to rank sellers. eBay is implementing that on August 20th, 2014. Many Top-Rated sellers will no longer be top-rated (some of my accounts included) on eBay.

And, if PayPal bans you for whatever reason, they will hold your money for 180 days, but you most likely WILL eventually get your money. If Amazon bans you for selling what they believe to be counterfeits, or if they believe your information is not real, you will lose whatever money they are holding. There are other reasons for them to confiscate your money as well and it is stated in their terms and conditions, so there is likely not much you can do about it if it happens to you.

Having said all that, Amazon CAN be very rewarding if you follow the rules and can handle the customer service aspects of it. Prices on many items tend to be higher, and profit margins fatter. And there can also be more sales than you will get on eBay. Again, the rewards part of it depends on what you are selling.

There are scammers on Amazon, just like there are on eBay. If you are the type of person who cannot simply process a loss and move on, then Amazon is not for you. If you start a huge argument every time a customer wants to return something, then Amazon is not for you. If your normal response to customers starts with something like "Dear Retarded B**CH, why not do society a favor and kill yourself?" then Amazon is not for you.

But if you can follow the stealth methods and be an adult, then go for it! What have you got to lose?

I love your posts Jeffweico

Some great information there that I will use myself!

Can I ask you what extra steps you need to take? I've not started my Stealth Amazon yet, I've got the docs ready for a seller on here but that comment made me think. I use a new user account on the PC for each stealth, and new IP when logging in, and along with the usual eB stealth practices.. am I missing something vital?
Old 08-09-2014

I also favour Ebay more than Amazon as I've been using it for about 10 years, whereas Amazon only for a few months, but I took the plunge and by using both I get more sales overall, I just take it slow on Amazon and on both platforms the key is to aim for 100% customer satisfaction..
Old 08-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, eb is relatively easier to operate on than Amazon and the setup is easier/more reliable on eB (except for that deal of 0/0 limits lately). Amazon however has higher quality of bidders and no set limits like eB per say (though there are account reviews).

I would say dabble on Az and get a feel for it but never rely only on one account OR one platform...
Old 08-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Use both platforms.

Old 08-09-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for the great information I really appreciate it have a great one
Old 08-09-2014

Coming from my perspective I have been selling on ebay for 8-9 years and amazon recently within the last 2 years. There are certain vero products that ebay will shut your account down for quickly. The same products will last amazon and you can sell hundreds of them without batting an eye. Of course all my products are real but vero items. Only bad thing about amazon many items have a ban on listing on the site.
Old 08-09-2014

I look at it also as two oars to the profit ship. You need to utilize anything and everything that will make you money.
Old 08-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atw777 View Post
Coming from my perspective I have been selling on ebay for 8-9 years and amazon recently within the last 2 years. There are certain vero products that ebay will shut your account down for quickly. The same products will last amazon and you can sell hundreds of them without batting an eye. Of course all my products are real but vero items. Only bad thing about amazon many items have a ban on listing on the site.
Amazon changes up the listing restrictions all the time...and close accounts that attempt to sell on a "hot" listing...it's quite the challenge
Old 08-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Good for amazon then.

Sellers flogging VeRo caused this.

Old 08-10-2014

You just have to be willing to test out which items work and don't work and go very slowly in the beginning. They pretend like you can sell a lot but not really I would sell under 5-10 items and make sure you get feedback for those sales. Then next month double your listings. But if you don't have feedback and sell too quickly they will review the account and if you are lucky you will pass the review. In my opinion if you sell too much of one item or one item category they are going to shut you down quickly. Just take it slow get some feedback and you will survive.
Old 08-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
You just have to be willing to test out which items work and don't work and go very slowly in the beginning. They pretend like you can sell a lot but not really I would sell under 5-10 items and make sure you get feedback for those sales. Then next month double your listings. But if you don't have feedback and sell too quickly they will review the account and if you are lucky you will pass the review. In my opinion if you sell too much of one item or one item category they are going to shut you down quickly. Just take it slow get some feedback and you will survive.
It all depends on what you are selling. A new account selling used books could probably withstand a couple hundred listings. A new account selling new DVD's, not so much.

Amazon does not have a VERO program like eBay, but that does not mean they do not talk to copyright and trademark owners. If a copyright owner complains that you are selling counterfeits, your account is history.

Selling counterfeits or shoddy merchandise is also a good way to get an account closed. But you CAN sell legitimate brand name merchandise IF you are careful and start slowly as the above post suggests.
Old 08-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%

Profits are much higher for me on Amazon, but they are becoming super strict with new accounts. EBay is much easier for stealth. Also on Ebay and PP you don't need to attach a bank account to get your money
animekings99 (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014
Threadstarter  

thanks sax ;]
Old 08-11-2014
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

I quit Amazon a while back since they are so strict.

so how do you AZ sellers stay there and sell well? I thought I was VERY careful and did everything to the T , and still got random boot out.
Old 08-12-2014

I've never had an AZ issue out of a couple thousand transactions. I'm sure one day I will but haven't yet. I had two returns but it was something that was defected and luckily the customers knew and were not jerks about it.
Old 08-12-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%

Opening new Amazon accounts now and you seem to be under review every time, then another review after that.
Old 08-12-2014
Threadstarter  

it sounds like a pain n the ass on there