My performance under stealth, by the numbers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-16-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default My performance under stealth, by the numbers

Here is just a shotgun blast of numbers in case some noobs want to see how the stealth guide can set you back on course.

Bought the stealth guide about a year ago.

Have created 12 accounts (EB + PP)

3 accounts have just listed their first items last month and are what I call "seedlings".

2 accounts are strong with 100+ feedbacks and around 150 sales each. almost 12 months and strong. One has the SSN request from PP but I think I can ride it out until 2015 to reset the tax threshold thing. Or just shut it down / use different pp.

3 accounts are "adolescents" with 25+/- feedbacks and under 100 sales. 6+ months and still strong.

1 account is in good standing but with a 0/0 limit. Must be dead but I will ask for an increase. No good to me without ability to sell anyway.

1 account busted by ebay. Cause: I used a dorm address and put up an item to start that had a shady description. I fought the ebay law and the ebay law won.

2 accounts are totally idle. Been that way for 3 or 4 months. I should probably buy something with those. One is an eventual EIN account and legit. I just have to get moving on it and see if I want to spend the money ($50 or so) to register with the state so I can get a business bank account.

I have taken great care to keep my feedbacks strong (100% on all) and provide fast, friendly service and top notch items.

I just provide this info to anyone that wonders how hard it is to set up and maintain several accounts. I know there are some things I should do differently. I devote more time than I would like to on these accounts, but not so much that it has a bad impact.

Some things I don't do:

1. Keep up with my temporary phones. I just use the days that come with the phones. I save $20 per month per account.
2. Transfer between PP accounts
3. empty my pp acconts like I am desperate for every last cent, or trying to hide something
4. Take ANY of the surveys, customer support questionairres, or anything from PP or EB.

Some things I ALWAYS do:
1. Make sure my IP addresses are clean
2. Answer any ebay messages through my email, not ebay account.
3. Put a note in with items to try and prevent a guy having a bad day from DSRing me.
4. Keep bank accounts at the bare minimum. Don't need PP to bust me and reach into my account to recoup payments. I get free bank account with $300 minimum and that is what I stay at. I always have enough in the PP account to cover an unexpected dispute and shipping fees.
5. Always make a "one time payment" from the PP to EB so somehow EB does not try and charge my Vanilla card and then get refused.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has further ideas...pile on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lost in the Supermarket For This Useful Post:
anova85 (04-11-2015), bosco (12-16-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-16-2014

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: My performance under stealth, by the numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket View Post
Here is just a shotgun blast of numbers in case some noobs want to see how the stealth guide can set you back on course.

Bought the stealth guide about a year ago.

Have created 12 accounts (EB + PP)

3 accounts have just listed their first items last month and are what I call "seedlings".

2 accounts are strong with 100+ feedbacks and around 150 sales each. almost 12 months and strong. One has the SSN request from PP but I think I can ride it out until 2015 to reset the tax threshold thing. Or just shut it down / use different pp.

3 accounts are "adolescents" with 25+/- feedbacks and under 100 sales. 6+ months and still strong.

1 account is in good standing but with a 0/0 limit. Must be dead but I will ask for an increase. No good to me without ability to sell anyway.

1 account busted by ebay. Cause: I used a dorm address and put up an item to start that had a shady description. I fought the ebay law and the ebay law won.

2 accounts are totally idle. Been that way for 3 or 4 months. I should probably buy something with those. One is an eventual EIN account and legit. I just have to get moving on it and see if I want to spend the money ($50 or so) to register with the state so I can get a business bank account.

I have taken great care to keep my feedbacks strong (100% on all) and provide fast, friendly service and top notch items.

I just provide this info to anyone that wonders how hard it is to set up and maintain several accounts. I know there are some things I should do differently. I devote more time than I would like to on these accounts, but not so much that it has a bad impact.

Some things I don't do:

1. Keep up with my temporary phones. I just use the days that come with the phones. I save $20 per month per account.
2. Transfer between PP accounts
3. empty my pp acconts like I am desperate for every last cent, or trying to hide something
4. Take ANY of the surveys, customer support questionairres, or anything from PP or EB.

Some things I ALWAYS do:
1. Make sure my IP addresses are clean
2. Answer any ebay messages through my email, not ebay account.
3. Put a note in with items to try and prevent a guy having a bad day from DSRing me.
4. Keep bank accounts at the bare minimum. Don't need PP to bust me and reach into my account to recoup payments. I get free bank account with $300 minimum and that is what I stay at. I always have enough in the PP account to cover an unexpected dispute and shipping fees.
5. Always make a "one time payment" from the PP to EB so somehow EB does not try and charge my Vanilla card and then get refused.

Hope this helps, and if anyone has further ideas...pile on.
Always interesting to be able to read how other longer standing people handle multiple accounts, on my understanding you would not be able to add a second paypal account to an ebay account
Old 12-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I don't sell super high volume so I prefer to answer messages in my eb account not via e-mail.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
pokerpro (12-16-2014)
Old 12-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Always interesting to be able to read how other longer standing people handle multiple accounts, on my understanding you would not be able to add a second paypal account to an ebay account
You would not add a second pp account. You would change the pp account in ebay. I don't "link" my PP and EB accounts to work as a pair. Just go into the EB account preferences and make a change. Legit people switch banks all the time.
Old 12-16-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I don't sell super high volume so I prefer to answer messages in my eb account not via e-mail.
......and that is certainly a good option. I just choose to go through my email to avoid a slight chance of having an IP linked.
Old 12-16-2014

Longevity: 65%

Looks like you're getting the hang of it!