Specific question about requesting higher selling limits (without calling) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Specific question about requesting higher selling limits (without calling)

Alright, I have another question for you guys about how much EB knows. Here's a recap: I had old EB and PP accounts with my real info that were suspended about 3 years ago. About 6 months ago I started a new account for selling. I set up a new bank account in my name. I have moved and got a new phone number since my old accounts were suspended. So when I set up my new accounts I used my new address and phone number, a new gmail account, and a new user account on my computer. I also used my real name, as my understanding as just one's name is not critical in being linked, and I have a name that isn't particularly uncommon.

I have been selling for nearly 90 days. I have sold about 15 items, purchased 40 or so, and have excellent feedback on both buying and selling. My account started with 10/100 limits. This month it was raised to 20/500 without my requesting it. I have listed my limit and am hoping to have my limits raised further. My sales are all household items that are mostly inexpensive, nothing that would raise a red flag.

I fully grasp that it is best practice to let your limits increase naturally. I may choose to risk requesting higher limits (browser only, no phone calls), despite it not being the safest thing to do. My understanding is that when you request an increase online, you will be asked multiple choice identity confirmation questions based on old addresses, like the ones that banks use.

My question is this: Will going through this process be likely to link me? If eBay is able to pull data about my former addresses based on my name, won't they realize that the data they pull is the data that belongs to a dude with suspended accounts if I get all the answers right?
And a side-question that this raises: If eBay is so worried about stealth accounts, why don't they require this for all accounts during account set up?
And one final question based on my reading: Does it really work to answer 'none of the above" for all the questions and have your limits increased?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-24-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Specific question about requesting higher selling limits (without calling)

Thats a good question but I dont think anyone here will be able to answer that since answering that would require intimate knowledge with both their bot system and their verification system and the level of interaction between those two systems. Unless youre an engineer working on those systems I doubt youll have any knowledge about it.
The verification system feels intrusive to many people who would not put up with it or agree to undergo it so doing it for everyone would be counterproductive. Instead Ebay start the vast majority of accounts with 5/500 limits so they minimize the risk any potential buyer poses and then only if one wants higher limits theyre forced to go through this verification since it is them who initiated the process so they cannot complain about it.
And no - answering none of the above to all questions does not work since the info they use is real and if the persona you created does not exist you will automatically fail the verification by having them not even give you questions to answer and instead telling you to call in.