Verified Paypal, Cant check limit, cant send, cant spend. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 02-08-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Verified Paypal, Cant check limit, cant send, cant spend.

So, I wanted to create an 'anonymous' paypal account for private purchases, so I created one with a pseudonym and funded it with a few hundred dollars by selling bitcoins on localbitcoins and was paid via paypal to the new account, all was well.

I didnt even spend or try to withdraw the money for a few months, I forgot I had even made the account, but then when I did decide to try and spend some of it I was not able to, I subsequently verified the account, attached a bank account, verified phone yet still cannot spend the money nor can i send money.
When I click "See how much you can send with PayPal" to see if I have a limit, the page just refreshes and brings me back to the main summary page.

I contacted paypal and they will not tell me anything beyond "paypal has security measures in place to keep users' account safe" They won't specifically state that my account is being protected from.. i dunno.. me? I asked directly if my account was limited, and they said no currently there is no limits on my account but in general, paypal has security measures in place to protect users accounts.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Verified Paypal, Cant check limit, cant send, cant spend.

Is this a Canadian account?

How long ago was it bank verified?
Old 02-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Yes, Canadian. Bank was verified about two weeks ago. I wish they would just ask me for ID or something. But I'm not really sure what I should and shouldn't say to them. I just want my money, I regret opening the stealth account in the first place.

I work in infosec, and without exception there is always a trade off between convenience and security you have to choose what's best for your business. problem with PayPal is there isnt a significant increase in the security of an account compared to the huge decrease in convenience. Long story short, Paypal your doing it wrong.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-09-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2017
MU

Wink Re: Verified Paypal, Cant check limit, cant send, cant spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Is this a Canadian account?

How long ago was it bank verified?
Same with me also
my pp account is usa verfied and 15 day old
but unable to send the payment
Old 02-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Yes this is indeed a Canadian paypal account. I verified the bank account around 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what to say or not say to the paypal support and they have been less than helpful thus far. They won't flat out tell me that my funds are locked or the account is limited, but something is clearly preventing me from using my money. I asked a friend to send me an invoice to see if I could pay it, and I was not able to. Paypal support's suggestion--and I am not kidding-- was "Possibly look into other payment methods outside paypal, like a bank transfer or cheque"

...seriously?
Old 02-14-2017

Send a message via Skype™ to AikFrank

soft limit, keep trying and you get the hard one