Using SSN with new PP when old PP is linked... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Using SSN with new PP when old PP is linked...

Hi,

Sorry to bother if it is old news. I have read through the stealth guide and not found my answer. Looked through forums some too.

Situation: I have a good PP account which is verified with account and SSN. NO problems at all with it.

I have to set up a stealth EB and PP. Will my new PP be linked with the old one when / if I verify my SSN? (Sales eventually way over $20K per year)

I seem to remember hearing that you can't have two PP with one SSN. I am willing to close the older, good PP. If I set up a new one will it be linked via SSN to my old PP which is linked to a indefinitely restricted ebay account?

The same question stated another way.....is my SSN burned along with my restricted EB/PP accounts now.

Using someone else's SSN is not an option.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Using SSN with new PP when old PP is linked...

You can not reuse ur SS#, whether u close the account or not , once used that is data saved and kept by paypal

The best option is to run multiple accounts , and have many where you spread sales over and make enough that no one will ever come close to being asked for a tax ID, this method is also used because you never want to have your account shut down and 100% of ur sales stopped all at once

If you want to go that route again having only one account , you will need to get an EIN as your tax ID
Old 04-05-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You can not reuse ur SS#, whether u close the account or not , once used that is data saved and kept by paypal
Just to clarify: you CAN reuse your SS# if you close your old account, but the new account will be linked to the closed one. Does that sound right?

Officially, you can only have one Business Account and one Personal Account with Paypal. However, this guy claims (in March 2013) that you can easily have more Business Accounts simply by requesting permission from Paypal:

Can you Have Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts?

Of course, they would all be linked if there is trouble.
Old 04-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Quick question.
I assume youre using your own SSN.
How is that doing things the stealth way exactly? In order to use your SSN you will need to use your REAL name and address. That is as 'non-stealth' as you can get. Not only does it prevent you from using multiple accounts (the proper way to do things IMHO) but it locks you in to one single account - which if/when it gets into any kind of trouble means youre completely shut down.
My own advice (which Im sure many on here will back up) dont use your real info. Dont use your SSN. Dont use one single account. Dont worry about the paypal 20k annual limits. Instead open multiple accounts. Make sure they all stay under the 20k limit so you never have to worry about that part of it. And the most important thing - do things properly and keep your accounts completely seperated so if/when one of them gets taken down you dont even feel it.
Old 04-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
Just to clarify: you CAN reuse your SS# if you close your old account, but the new account will be linked to the closed one. Does that sound right?

Officially, you can only have one Business Account and one Personal Account with Paypal. However, this guy claims (in March 2013) that you can easily have more Business Accounts simply by requesting permission from Paypal:

Can you Have Multiple eBay & PayPal Accounts?

Of course, they would all be linked if there is trouble.
Fact is paypal will allow several accounts with one SS or EIN, but why in the world would you want to? All will be linked and all combined for 1099 etc... I have a few on my SS and only use one with a slew of email addresses for payments. Kinda pointless to have multiples under one entity unless you just want to pay more fees in percentages.
Old 04-05-2014

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
In order to use your SSN you will need to use your REAL name and address.
The payment provider (e.g. Paypal) gives the IRS your name & SSN and asks if they match, IRS replies YES or NO. The address is not involved at all. However, Paypal has been known to run a credit check on your SSN in which case they would see your real address.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:
Lost in the Supermarket (04-06-2014), yankee (04-05-2014)
Old 04-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
The payment provider (e.g. Paypal) gives the IRS your name & SSN and asks if they match, IRS replies YES or NO. The address is not involved at all. However, Paypal has been known to run a credit check on your SSN in which case they would see your real address.

They seem to run credit on accounts growing "to fast" and in my experience, it makes a huge difference in how much they hold, how long they hold, rolling reserves, etc... Amazon as well.

I have an example of linked accounts based on a credit check and both were a royal pain in the rear to correct. Two brothers running separate accounts from separate addresses got linked via credit check because they resided together. The only reason it was able to be corrected is because there was no issues and the accounts did not sell similar items. In the end one account had a large sum of money held for 30 days, 50% released then balance held for 180 days with a rolling reserve for 12 months.

Best bet is EIN or pure stealth. I have learned the hard way and will not go down the SS avenue personally or with new partners ever again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
crocus (04-06-2014), Lost in the Supermarket (04-06-2014)
Old 04-05-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket View Post
Hi,

Situation: I have a good PP account which is verified with account and SSN. NO problems at all with it.

I have to set up a stealth EB and PP. Will my new PP be linked with the old one when / if I verify my SSN? (Sales eventually way over $20K per year)

The same question stated another way.....is my SSN burned along with my restricted EB/PP accounts now.

Using someone else's SSN is not an option.
By assoication with a old working paypal, that SSN is no longer worthwhile for using on new accounts.

Your most dangerous word is LINK. Avoid reusing old info when starting with stealth.

This questions ties in with the below thread.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...-accounts.html

It is how you sit done and create your stealth accounts that will allow you workarounds for the SSN.

You are hoping ( & rightly so) to be earn a lot of funds. Then you need to think from the start of a streamlined method to do so.
You should consider EIN for your accounts thus averting SSN issues if all goes OK.

About this time, we say start thinking outside the box.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Quick question.
I assume youre using your own SSN.
How is that doing things the stealth way exactly? In order to use your SSN you will need to use your REAL name and address. That is as 'non-stealth' as you can get. Not only does it prevent you from using multiple accounts (the proper way to do things IMHO) but it locks you in to one single account - which if/when it gets into any kind of trouble means youre completely shut down.
My own advice (which Im sure many on here will back up) dont use your real info. Dont use your SSN. Dont use one single account. Dont worry about the paypal 20k annual limits. Instead open multiple accounts. Make sure they all stay under the 20k limit so you never have to worry about that part of it. And the most important thing - do things properly and keep your accounts completely seperated so if/when one of them gets taken down you dont even feel it.

I guess what I could have said was that my old account from 2002 was not stealth. The one that was shut down forcing me to go underground. I would expect almost everyone needing a stealth account had a legit one at one time.
Old 04-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Fact is paypal will allow several accounts with one SS or EIN, but why in the world would you want to? All will be linked and all combined for 1099 etc... I have a few on my SS and only use one with a slew of email addresses for payments. Kinda pointless to have multiples under one entity unless you just want to pay more fees in percentages.
Why would I want to? I go back to the first question....WILL it be linked?

My first is linked and it sounds like any others using my SSN will also be linked back to the first PP and EB.

So it sounds like my SSN is burned.

As to the WHY.....when you are telling a lie don't you know it is easiest to keep up with if it is as close to the truth as possible?
Old 04-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket View Post
Why would I want to? I go back to the first question....WILL it be linked?

My first is linked and it sounds like any others using my SSN will also be linked back to the first PP and EB.

So it sounds like my SSN is burned.

As to the WHY.....when you are telling a lie don't you know it is easiest to keep up with if it is as close to the truth as possible?
It will be linked.

I don't lie. Ever.
Use a new entity(legal business entity is easiest and best IMO along with all the advantages of owning a separate business compared to being self employed such as tax advantages, expenses, etc..) along with 100% stealth tactics using fictitious(not lying in my opinion because you are not claiming to be someone you are not in my point of view), all new info and if you feel you are being disingenuous or doing something wrong, then you probably are and most likely should not do it, lol

In my world there are people who "do" and people who "don't"