Question regarding previously used IPs + Idea - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Question regarding previously used IPs + Idea

I just read the eBay Stealth Book, which made some questions clear for me.

First of allThere's still something I thought of, that I couldn't find an answer to:

Suppose I have one live eBay account the I've been using for some time. Obviously, I've been logging in with various IPs, since I have a dynamic IP internet connection.
It is mentioned in the book that about 5% of the time, your provider will give you an IP address that you already used sometime in the past.

Here's my question:
When I open a new account the proper "stealth way" (new Windows user, etc.), how can I be sure that it won't receive any of my past IP numbers, that are linked to my other account?

BTW, I thought of another way to use stealth accounts - let me know what you think:
Find a friend\relative who has a computer, and install a remote assistance application, like LogMeIn, PCAnywhere, etc.
Install a client on your computer as well, and decide with your friend\relative when their PC would be free to use.
This way, you can have an account on a completely seperate machine, yet still control it from your home.

Cheers,
Igal
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the answer, Alps.

Actually, I just tried the remote control option - you just set everything up on the remote computer and then connect to it. Works nice and there are no "lags". I'll try developing my account there soon. :P
Old 07-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Suppose I have one live eBay account the I've been using for some time. Obviously, I've been logging in with various IPs, since I have a dynamic IP internet connection.
It is mentioned in the book that about 5% of the time, your provider will give you an IP address that you already used sometime in the past.
For example my Wireless Router had the factory MAC all this time. Now since I will be changing the last digit of the MAC address, is it possible to get an IP that was used with the factory MAC?

I mean I've been logging in to Ebay from the Factory MAC all this time, now that I go stealth I will change it. But is it possible to get the same as IP I had before some time in the past?
Old 07-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps_a somewhatlegend View Post
Hi. Your 'remote control' idea sounds quite funky. I not heard of that one before.

So in theory, you can tell you friend who could be living in another country to leave the pc on from midnight to 4am every day and you can do your ebaying through there.

What is the external ip address going to be? His one?
Yep, his one

The cool thing about it is that today's internet connections are so fast, that it feels as if you'd be running a virtual machine from your own PC.

@mercurial333 I'd like to know this too. My guess is that it's still possible, same 5% chance.
Old 07-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The router is not the one assigning the IP - it's your provider + modem.