Ebay. How many times before suspension? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-15-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Ebay. How many removed listings before suspension?

Hello everybody.

Just wanted to ask if eBay has a specific number of warnings before suspending your account.
So far eBay removed 4 listings from my account (2 were removed at the same time), claiming that they were counterfeit products. I'm pretty sure that 3 out of 4 were genuine. The other one after some research I realised that could be non genuine, but at the time I didn't know.
The last time my item was removed (when the 2 items were removed at the same time) I received 30 days of selling restriction.

I was selling branded sunglasses and clothing (nothing high end or too expensive), all original. That is my niche, my passion. I became really competent and I knew what a non authentic looked like. Although eBay suggested me to avoid selling branded items, making a research on ebay, you can clearly see that there's tons of branded items out there. There's shop selling only branded sunglasses. So why do I have to stop?

To avoid any risk (and with loads of fear) I stopped selling on eBay any big brand, and my income went really down. If they do remove another listing in the future, will my account be suspended forever?
Most importantly, if you do everything correctly for a long time, will they kind of stop considering your previous bad history and consider you again as if you have no bad history? In this particular moment I feel like they might suspend my account any time if they find something they don't like.

If for example I start a new account, will I still carry the warnings/history from the previous account, as if it's the same account, or will I be pure again, with no bad record?

PS
My account has 100% positive feedbacks and top ratings.

Last edited by inneedofhelp; 01-15-2017 at 01:31 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2017

Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Ebay. How many times before suspension?

after 30 days restriction i got suspended account forewer,just leave this account for few months and after try to sell something else.
Old 01-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
after 30 days restriction i got suspended account forewer,just leave this account for few months and after try to sell something else.
If I start a new account, will it carry the bad history of the other one? And so banned after the first listing removed?
Old 01-15-2017

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 54%

If you dont sell any high risk items i think you can save your account. You can also make a new strealth account it wont carry any bad history it will pure new account but you cant start selling any high risk items on that new account until you sell some other non-risk items and build some history on it.
Old 01-15-2017

No,new account,new name,address,bank=new history,start to sell not risky items and build your history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp View Post
If I start a new account, will it carry the bad history of the other one? And so banned after the first listing removed?
Old 01-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No,new account,new name,address,bank=new history,start to sell not risky items and build your history.
Even if my account has not been suspended yet?
Old 01-15-2017

Quote:
Even if my account has not been suspended yet?
Do you know how works ebay stealths accounts?
Old 01-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Do you know how works ebay stealths accounts?
I certainly do, but my account has not been suspended yet.
Old 01-15-2017

Quote:
I certainly do, but my account has not been suspended yet.
if you make new stealth account,it's has a clear history ip address paypal name and address..
Old 01-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriwaheguru View Post
If you dont sell any high risk items i think you can save your account. You can also make a new strealth account it wont carry any bad history it will pure new account but you cant start selling any high risk items on that new account until you sell some other non-risk items and build some history on it.
When you say that I can save my account it means that after a while I will be almost like clean again? Or time doesn't matter, and if (for example) after 2 years doing well, one more listing is removed, because of previous history it will be over?

Last edited by inneedofhelp; 01-15-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
When you say that I can save my account it means that after a while I will be almost like clean again? Or time doesn't matter, and if (for example) after 2 years doing well, one more listing is removed, because of previous history it will be over?
Not always.

An account can take several suspensions and not be permanently suspended.

The dashboard can look clear but out of the blue, ebay suspends the account without reason.

What you have to try to do is not sell these items and let the account cool off.

Sunglasses are a big problem with vEro and eBay.

Suggest you read thro' this section below.

Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums

There are methods to repair your account.

Ask more questions too.
Old 01-16-2017

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
yes, after a while you will be almost clean again but its better if you keep active your account and sell non-risk items and make a good history and feedback. after that if you have any violation on your account they still give you warning first but it also depends on how big the violation is.
Old 01-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
yes, after a while you will be almost clean again but its better if you keep active your account and sell non-risk items and make a good history and feedback. after that if you have any violation on your account they still give you warning first but it also depends on how big the violation is.
Are you sure about this? Do you know how long it takes before that happens? Is it like when you have a bad feedback and after a year it disappears?
In case of suspension will I also be restricted to buy?
Obviously I would like to save my account before considering any stealth one. Cheers
Old 01-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,955 Times in 8,246 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I don't believe the "almost clean again" statement. You can be suspended indefinitely even after one violation - just depends on how bad the violation is and what you are selling too.

Read what Greenbean wrote about sunglasses - BRANDED sunglasses are high risk.
Old 01-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Obviously I would like to save my account before considering any stealth one. Cheers
The BEST thing you can do to save your account is to consider stealth account ...a few backups in fact
Old 01-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
The BEST thing you can do to save your account is to consider stealth account ...a few backups in fact
But with the stealth account I would not be able to buy and receive to my own address. I can only sell, hoping that nobody returns the item. Unless I contact other users through their paypal email, which nobody guarantees that they will check. A bit of a pain.
If I open a new normal account, will it cary the same bad history of the previous one, as if it's the same one?

Will I still be able to buy if my original eBay account gets suspended? Or the suspension is total?
Old 01-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
But with the stealth account I would not be able to buy and receive to my own address. I can only sell, hoping that nobody returns the item. Unless I contact other users through their paypal email, which nobody guarantees that they will check. A bit of a pain.
If I open a new normal account, will it cary the same bad history of the previous one, as if it's the same one?

Will I still be able to buy if my original eBay account gets suspended? Or the suspension is total?
Why do you want to use your own address? Get a po box - more professional that way.

Define "normal" account....reusing old info? Then yes it can carry same bad history...or just both accounts KILLED by pp.

If seller account gets suspended, you should be still ok to buy...many people only lose selling privileges.
Old 01-16-2017

Longevity: 53%

Just going back to the Original question asked, I normally judge the suspension risk on the time you are restricted for.
So I may have an item removed every 6 months and never given a restriction, If I have 2 items removed within 3 months I may then get a 7 day restriction from selling.. 3 occurances may result in a 30 dayer.. which in my experience is the last and your up for parting ways with ebay
Old 01-16-2017

Quote:

When someone open return request,i just sent a message with my address to where customer should to sent an item.
Old 01-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
When someone open return request,i just sent a message with my address to where customer should to sent an item.
Isn't that a bit of a risk? Ebay might easily link you to the old account that way.
Old 01-17-2017

Quote:
Isn't that a bit of a risk? Ebay might easily link you to the old account that way.
Doing so last year and a half,and never been get linked.
Old 01-17-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Doing so last year and a half,and never been get linked.
Do you also have a PO Box address?