How is Amazon harder to get back onto than eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default How is Amazon harder to get back onto than eBay?

I keep reading on the forums that Amazon is a lot different and more difficult to get back onto than ebay. Could someone explain to me how? If I create multiple user accounts, delete all cookies and flash cookies and use dial up, how can they track me? I keep reading on here that to get back on Amazon I need to have multiple network adapters and stuff. Is this true?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

If you have dialup and there is no ethernet device attached to your computer, you do not have to worry.

If you have an ethernet adapter in your system, even if you aren't using it to connect to Amazon, they can detect the MAC address. So you must spoof your ethernet MAC if you have one, your router MAC if you have one, even if you are dialing in. Period.

If you run multiple Amazon accts, you must spoof a separate address every time you login to another Amazon.

For most people, that is confusing beyond ken.
Old 05-18-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
If you have dialup and there is no ethernet device attached to your computer, you do not have to worry.

If you have an ethernet adapter in your system, even if you aren't using it to connect to Amazon, they can detect the MAC address. So you must spoof your ethernet MAC if you have one, your router MAC if you have one, even if you are dialing in. Period.

If you run multiple Amazon accts, you must spoof a separate address every time you login to another Amazon.

For most people, that is confusing beyond ken.
Are you speaking about wireless? I use wireless connection and have access to others. Would I still need to spoof my MAC when switching amazon accounts under different windows user accts?
Old 05-18-2010
Vicvelcro

When you say 'wireless', what kind of wireless do you mean? Like cellular, 802.xx, satellite?
Old 05-18-2010

Quote:
When you say 'wireless', what kind of wireless do you mean? Like cellular, 802.xx, satellite?
Cable modem, router. I have access to other people's connection such as Linksys.
Old 05-18-2010
Vicvelcro

You will need to spoof MAC then. For every adapter connected to your system, every time. If you have an ethernet and a USB: you change BOTH MACs before you log in to another Amazon. They have a java script thingie that reads all your MACs. It used to be they just sniffed packet header of device used to connect. Now they sniff them all, right from java.
Old 05-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^^^^^^^
CORRECT
I use dial up to connect to Amazon
BUT I spoof every Mac address/item in my system.
My software finds 14-18 and most are inactive.
But they get Spoofed anyway...
Works great
Old 05-19-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

how should I know my mac address ? do you guys have any idea , I use a machintosh.
Old 05-23-2010

Longevity: 92%

Quote:

Thanks Vicvelcro. Here's my question. I am running 8 amazon accounts on 8 separate laptops, each laptop has it's own verizon wireless modem. If I were to setup more accounts on a single laptop would the ethernet mac need to be spoofed even though the ethernet cable is not plugged into it? I am running technitium mac address changer on the laptop and it shows the 10/100 ethernet card but in technitium there is no mac address listed.

I just always felt safer running each account on a separate laptop.
Old 05-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

may i ask what you guys sell on amazon? Dvd's? You can pm me if you like.. I'm obviously in the wrong product since my stuff is only on ebay.
Old 05-23-2010
Vicvelcro

You either disable the unused ethernet device from your device manager, or you spoof the MAC on that device, too.

If it is enabled on the system, even if you aren't making your internet connection, Amazon will see it.

Example: If I take a picture at your cousin's wedding, so I can see the bride and groom whenever I wish, I will also see any other guests in the photograph. The only way to avoid it is to put the guests in costumes or remove them from the area before the photograph is taken.

Same principle.

** technitium isn't the best application for MAC changing.

Try this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyOldEbayer View Post
Thanks Vicvelcro. Here's my question. I am running 8 amazon accounts on 8 separate laptops, each laptop has it's own verizon wireless modem. If I were to setup more accounts on a single laptop would the ethernet mac need to be spoofed even though the ethernet cable is not plugged into it? I am running technitium mac address changer on the laptop and it shows the 10/100 ethernet card but in technitium there is no mac address listed.

I just always felt safer running each account on a separate laptop.
Old 05-23-2010

this may sound stupid.but what do you mean "spoof" mac, you mean change mac address?
again sorry if thats a stupid question,i normally do that on all accounts when using cable modem,but when i tether,not so much
Old 05-23-2010
Vicvelcro

Yes, spoof means to use a MAC address that was not assigned at the time of manufacture.
Old 05-25-2010

Quote:
Yes, spoof means to use a MAC address that was not assigned at the time of manufacture.

so changing last 4 numbers of mac address on my internet settings is fine? i use to change it everytime i change my ip
Old 05-26-2010
Vicvelcro

Changing the MAC is the fastest easiest way to change IP for anyone who has a cable connection. DSL and some other types of internet can simply reset the device for instant IP change. However, DSL and others are so slow I can read faster than they can feed my screen. When I got work to do, I don't want to wait. I like cable, and I don't mind spending 20 seconds every half hour to change MAC to get a new IP.

My cable = 20M inbound and 2.5M outbound. My outbound is faster than most DSL inbound speeds. Basically, I can drown a DSL modem with SPAM. Heh.
Old 05-26-2010

Longevity: 84%

But if you have the wrong ISP they won't let you change your ip either way, I use Clear with ethernet and a dynamic ip and you can change the mac to get a new ip but you won't have access to the internet. No big deal though I use my blackberry on my stealth accounts anyway.
Old 05-27-2010
Vicvelcro

Perhaps they won't let you. 'Let' being the operative word. I had an ISP like that. I changed mine anyway. They weren't happy about it. But they didn't ground me or take a way my birthday, either.
Old 07-11-2010

Longevity: 96%

So what would I have to do to set up a second Amazon account running through the same router?
I have a second computer that I can dedicate to the new account and can eventually transition to just that one account and keep the established account on the shelf just in case.
But I don't want there to be any linking when setting the second one up in case it ever goes down and takes the good one with it.
Old 07-14-2010

Longevity: 80%

Ok, I Know how to change MAC on my router, but how do you change MAC on ethernet? The link that you gave, I cannot open. Thanks!