Worth using amazon? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-10-2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 141
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default Worth using amazon?

Well, Im currently shifting a couple of VERO items on ebay a week, nothing to get excited about, but I was wondering about amazon.

Is it worth signing up?
Are they as "****e" as ebay?
Can you earn, as there are many competitors and I think i wouldnt even get my products seen.

Someone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-10-2010
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 75,644
Thanks: 5,913
Thanked 8,899 Times in 8,192 Posts
Activity: 95%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (7)
Default

There seem to be a lot of stuff on Amazon for sale. It's trial and error - you get shut down, you start again. Only thing is no bidding so prices are set and work from there.

Seems liek you can still do quite well.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-10-2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 99
Thanks: 16
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (0)
Default

The great thing about amazon is that... it's not a bidding site.

You can make a lot more from amazon and the buyers are not as... dumb as ebay buyers. Amazon is harsh on sellers, they're mentality is sellers should be 100% customer service all the time. With amazon you can start selling as soon as you open new account! ^_^

Amazon is not ebay, everyone products are seen. Most of the time the least expensive products are seen first. Also competitors are cut throat there lol
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-10-2010
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 75,644
Thanks: 5,913
Thanked 8,899 Times in 8,192 Posts
Activity: 95%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (7)
Default

And Amazon has some of the harshest policies - they will shut you down quickly without giving you info AND buyer claims can kill you without returning of product.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-10-2010
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 141
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

What about vero items? I also read there are lot less ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on amazon. Is this true?

I'd probably like to sell legit myself. But do people actually sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods...

What are the charges like? And Im guessing I will need a merchant? Or is everything process through amazon?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 99
Thanks: 16
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
What about vero items? I also read there are lot less ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on amazon. Is this true?

I'd probably like to sell legit myself. But do people actually sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ goods...

What are the charges like? And Im guessing I will need a merchant? Or is everything process through amazon?
IF people are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ then they are very GOOD ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or you won't last long. It only takes one customer to shut you down. If Amazon even THINKS that there is a possibility that your items are ⊗⊗⊗⊗, you're done.

You only get charged if you sell an item, also it depends on what you sell. As far as merchant accounts I don't know. I just let the money flow throw amazon then disburse to bank account.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-11-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Yeah, Amazon is very tough on their sellers. Like the previous poster says, it only takes one buyer to report you are selling phakes and you're done. 1 or 2 buyer claims or product returns, you're done. Competitor buys your item just to leave negative feedback, you're done. The beautiful thing with amazon (as many have said) is that when they shut you down you get your funds within 90 days, which is beautiful. Also, like previously posted you can use ANY bank account after you're shut down to get your money, doesn't matter if you've used it 10 times on amazon before on other blocked accounts. I personally have about $4000 waiting on me Sept, and about $3000 in October. A 250% return on investment in 3 months can't be beat.

The key though is trying to make your accounts last as long as you can so you can have some sort of cash flow. I've stocked up on ebay laptops and going to use prepaid verizon mobile broadband cards from now on...different IP every time. We'll see how it goes!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-11-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,217
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (12)
Default

eBay is the kiddie pool. Amazon is the shark tank.

But the swims are SO PROFITABLE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-12-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Personally, I think Amazon is way better than Ebay for vero stuff. Of course, there are pros and cons to Amazon, but I think the pros far outweigh the cons. First, they don't require a SSN like ebay/paypal does. Second, if you get taken down Amazon only holds your funds for 90 days, while it's 180 with ebay. Those are the 2 biggest reasons I use Amazon more than ebay. I don't really have an issue with Ebay itself, but adding in paypal just makes me want to puke. I hate dealing with them. With Amazon, I know i'm going to get paid and there are less surprises.

Amazon is much more strict on their rules than ebay. There are no warnings with Amazon, no temporary suspensions, etc. When they boot you, you're done for good. You aren't going to be able to get on the phone and talk to someone like you can with ebay. You're finished and that's that. If you're selling Vero, then that isn't a huge issue because you aren't going to be able to talk someone back into getting your account unlocked anyway.

Another thing, you don't have to worry about owing fees with Amazon. They take out their cut before they give you your money, so you won't get emails like with Ebay demanding payment blah blah blah. That really simplifies things IMO. One less thing to worry about each month.

The one big negative with Amazon is their feedback system. You really have to beg and cry for feedback and one negative pretty much kills you. When I open a new stealth account I also open up two other accounts just to give my new stealth accounts some positive feedback. It's that crazy.

As far as sales go, I make less sales on Amazon than Ebay, but the sales I make are for a lot more money than what I got on ebay...so it evens out. I probably make more money on Amazon than what I made on ebay selling Vero. I don't like the fact that I run multiple stealth accounts and have to keep logging in to Amazon to lower my price. That sucks. I wish there were a system where I could put in the lowest price I will sell my stuff for and it would automatically lower it for me. Soon Amazon will be using Autiva, so that will eliminate that issue. Then I won't have to worry about ip addresses and I'll go off like a madman.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StillersFan For This Useful Post:
bronwyn (02-17-2011)
  #10  
Old 08-14-2010
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 141
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Thanks for the info, interesting read

DOes anyone know where I can find a guide to using Amazon Stealth, like the ebay Stealth Book?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-14-2010
Here We Go Again's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,359
Thanks: 192
Thanked 695 Times in 329 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Aspkin is in the process of writing one now.
It should be finished soon.
__________________
Once you go Mac you will never go back
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-14-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,217
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo View Post
Thanks for the info, interesting read

DOes anyone know where I can find a guide to using Amazon Stealth, like the ebay Stealth Book?
There WAS one, but it is hopelessly out of date. Search the fiorums, we have most of what you need here.

I would just add that USUALLY Amazon does not shut you down without warning. In most cases they WILL work with sellers if something seems to be going wrong. HOWEVER - the exception to that is if you are thought to be selling counterfeit merchandise. In that case, they will shut you down immediately and there is no second chance.

Being legitimate does not always help. Competitiors on Amazon are absolutely VICIOUS. So, if your competition preceives that you are "stealing their sales" they will have someone else buy from you so that they can have that person complain to Amazon that you sold them ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise. Then you lose your account. That is just the way it works on Amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-14-2010
MadSam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 875
Thanks: 80
Thanked 165 Times in 95 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (3)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
Aspkin is in the process of writing one now.
It should be finished soon.
Really? Amazon implements new methods and tracking faster than any ebook can be updated.

*Edit by aspkin, "I think not."

Last edited by aspkin; 09-07-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-14-2010
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Amazon is a classier buyer. They pay and never have a chance to bith about shipping costs, or about being unhappy with terms. If they don't like the terms, then their transaction never gets completed.

No fees until item is sold is a nice touch too.

I am selling more items and at higher prices trhan ebay. See ebay was the best until a couple years ago, my sales tanked, and number of bids dropped, and price sold has been lower. I think ebay ruined itself with changes to search, etc. Amazon came out the winner because they did not change the basics, and left a good thing alone for the most part.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-14-2010
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,363
Thanks: 398
Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsam View Post
Really? Amazon implements new methods and tracking faster than any ebook can be updated.
Yeah thats true,,,,Word is that they are onto a NEW One,,,And It is NOT Browser Fingerprinting,,thats ALREADY Old to Amazon
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-14-2010
MadSam's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 875
Thanks: 80
Thanked 165 Times in 95 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (3)
Default

Exactly, Amazon moves so fast it's constantly finding ways to track and identify user trends. I've heard they're onto something else as well, and I'm sure we're talking about different things!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-15-2010
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 141
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
There WAS one, but it is hopelessly out of date. Search the fiorums, we have most of what you need here.

I would just add that USUALLY Amazon does not shut you down without warning. In most cases they WILL work with sellers if something seems to be going wrong. HOWEVER - the exception to that is if you are thought to be selling counterfeit merchandise. In that case, they will shut you down immediately and there is no second chance.

Being legitimate does not always help. Competitiors on Amazon are absolutely VICIOUS. So, if your competition preceives that you are "stealing their sales" they will have someone else buy from you so that they can have that person complain to Amazon that you sold them ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise. Then you lose your account. That is just the way it works on Amazon.
Is it really that bad on amazon? Whats the point in selling at all if:

1. You sell legit, but run the risk of jealous competitors closing you down.
2. You sell counterfit goods, and run the risk of being caught selling knock offs.

Seems like a lose lose situation to me..

Are you able to open stealth accounts with amazon? Are the principles the same? As I've heard opening an amazon sellers accounts is a lot harder.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-18-2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,026
Thanks: 432
Thanked 102 Times in 70 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayround2 View Post
Yeah, Amazon is very tough on their sellers. Like the previous poster says, it only takes one buyer to report you are selling phakes and you're done. 1 or 2 buyer claims or product returns, you're done. Competitor buys your item just to leave negative feedback, you're done. The beautiful thing with amazon (as many have said) is that when they shut you down you get your funds within 90 days, which is beautiful. Also, like previously posted you can use ANY bank account after you're shut down to get your money, doesn't matter if you've used it 10 times on amazon before on other blocked accounts. I personally have about $4000 waiting on me Sept, and about $3000 in October. A 250% return on investment in 3 months can't be beat.

The key though is trying to make your accounts last as long as you can so you can have some sort of cash flow. I've stocked up on ebay laptops and going to use prepaid verizon mobile broadband cards from now on...different IP every time. We'll see how it goes!!
Different broadband cards for different laptops?

Keep us updated on how that goes!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-18-2010
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 75,644
Thanks: 5,913
Thanked 8,899 Times in 8,192 Posts
Activity: 95%
Longevity: 83%
iTrader: (7)
Default

@turbo, Amazon account creation is simple - once you make sure you aren't linked to anything.

Lasting long is the key issue. The hold on funds is much better than Paypal though although their A-to-Z claim is a b*tch if you get nailed with it.

Much better site for sales of stuff in demand - much worse for trash knockoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-21-2010
IDK IDK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 559
Thanks: 53
Thanked 110 Times in 77 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (7)
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK
Default

Hmmm... I got kicked off of Amazon and I had not made one single sale, and my stuff was legit. I haven't been back there since, but I have thinking about giving it another shot more and more. I have a few questions.

What is the payout schedule?

Are funds held and you have to withdraw them, or do they go directly to your bank?

What's the proccess from listing to selling to getting the money in hand?

Are you required to ship first before you collect your money?

Is there a limit for new sellers? How soon can I start posting big ticket items?

I wasn't able to find any of this out because like I said, I was just booted for no reason.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-21-2010
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,217
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (12)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
Hmmm... I got kicked off of Amazon and I had not made one single sale, and my stuff was legit. I haven't been back there since, but I have thinking about giving it another shot more and more. I have a few questions.

What is the payout schedule?

Are funds held and you have to withdraw them, or do they go directly to your bank?

What's the proccess from listing to selling to getting the money in hand?

Are you required to ship first before you collect your money?

Is there a limit for new sellers? How soon can I start posting big ticket items?

I wasn't able to find any of this out because like I said, I was just booted for no reason.
1) Every 14 days. You can request disbursements sooner, but it is not recommended.

2) To your bank account only.

3) Ship items, get paid on the next payout date.

4) Yes, you have to ship first.

5) $750 or over will trigger a review. Your account will be reviewed anyway at some point. So, get it over with. Then you can list more expensive items. However, they may impose limits on your selling depending on how risky you appear to be.

6) You were suspended for a REASON. You may not know what the reason is, but there is definitely a reason. Usually AMazon tells you why you were suspended in the email they send you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
IDK (08-21-2010)
  #22  
Old 08-21-2010
IDK IDK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 559
Thanks: 53
Thanked 110 Times in 77 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (7)
Send a message via Yahoo to IDK
Default

So how many listings can I make at one time? It's not like eBay where you have a auction and it ends, and you have some type of sale. Basically you list something then wait for it to sell right? How do I know I have something that's typically selling, or how do I see the views? I don't have a clue if something is gonna sell tomorrow or next month. It would probably be important to list a variety of things if you have them available no? One could say it's the same thing when listing BIN on eBay, but I only use BIN with Best Offer. That way if I'm not selling I can judge what prices buyers are looking for based on the offers. I seriously don't have time to babysit Amazon waiting on a sale.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ebay asking for ID. is it worth it? boxcutters Subscriber Discussions 4 07-27-2010 08:49 PM
Is it worth it ? RazvanDK eBay Discussion! 17 12-23-2009 02:35 PM
is it worth it? 2eXclusiive Everything Else 7 07-06-2008 07:27 PM
Is it worth pursuing... viking23 eBay Discussion! 8 03-04-2008 06:14 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58