DC shows delivery but Buyer says he never received it - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-17-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default DC shows delivery but Buyer says he never received it

Sold an electronic item on April 23th.
Shows delivered within 3 business days.
I paid extra to send it Expedited though he ordered Standard

Today, May 17th, he sends this message

I placed this order about a month ago. This was to be a gift and I have not received it yet. Please let me know the status of my order. I am extremely disappointed.

What do you all think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
Sold an electronic item on April 23th.
Shows delivered within 3 business days.
I paid extra to send it Expedited though he ordered Standard

Today, May 17th, he sends this message

I placed this order about a month ago. This was to be a gift and I have not received it yet. Please let me know the status of my order. I am extremely disappointed.

What do you all think?

Odd that he waited this long to contact you. Does he have his head up his ass. Well you are still on the hook, and responsible for the item even tho DC sez delivered. I had a couple things like this happen to me where the idiots at the PO delivered it to a different street, with the same number. First thing, tell the bonehead to ask his mail carrier if he remembers delivering the package, or if the carrier knows where the item is. It could be at a friend, or neihbors house. Someone may have accepted the delivery, and forgot to tell the dillweed.

Was it an apartment? if so, sometimes the idiot postman will leave the package on the doorstoop, or in the common mail tray, so it could have been stolen. Happens alot. I ALWAYS go signiture confirmation with apartment deliveries.

"Extreamly Dissapointed" does not sound good. You are gonna seriously have to kiss this guys ass to not let him screw up your account. Some people are very unreasonable, angry at the world, and like nothing better than to make your life miserable.

All in all, the guy is probably not that bright, and he probably has the item, gave it as a gift, and forgot about it.

Good luck, and I hope it works out.
Old 05-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Yeah cherrqell I don't know what his trip is Thanks for the information.
I am not that concerned anymore. He hasn't gotten back to me. Here's my replies (names changed & DL copy omitted)

Hi Steve

Your order was shipped on April 25th, the same day you ordered it. You were sent a tracking number via Amazons software on the day I did postage, again, the same day of your order.

I guess you haven't checked the tracking number and I don't mind doing it for you but know it should be located in your message folder dated April 25th Here is a cut and paste copy of the DL
As you can see, tracking shows it arrived within 2 business days. I am wondering if maybe it was delivered to a neighbor by accident or it is sitting at the post office waiting to be picked up. Just some ideas. Please check and update me so I can know how to further proceed.Thank you

Hello Steve

I contacted USPS and the telephone Rep assumed LBBY might be meant to read LOBBY. Is this correct? If it is intended to read LOBBY then your address is spelled incorrectly with BOTH USPS AND Amazon. Totally bizarre, please explain.
Another concern USPS had was she stated you have omitted an Apartment number replacing it with a misspelled word. Strangely, everyone else at your dwelling appears to have an apartment number adjacent the street yet you have LBBY
Final issue of concern expressed by USPS is everyone at your dwelling has a +6 at the end of their zip code. Somehow, strangely, this has been omitted.

Please bear with me. 1. Your zip code is incomplete. 2. Your street number includes a misspelled word in place of the required Apartment number. 3. No one knows what LBBY means, so who knows how the Postman interpreted it. You expressed concerns of disappointment yet we need to address these issues first in order to rectify this situation. Please communicate with me so I can know how to further proceed, haven't heard back. Hope you are doing well

Thanks,

Last edited by Melissa1971; 05-18-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

good follow=up. You probably have a good case. like I said, probably a nutjob from another country with no vowels in his name, and no clue about anything.
Old 05-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Melissa,

Did the buyer request it be expedited?

This seems like a scam to me. Not because of the address issues, but if *I* bought something as a gift and wanted it expedited, I would be checking the tracking number. And even if I didn't, I would have contacted you after 7-10 days had passed to see what was up.

Who, in that situation, waits for a MONTH to contact the seller?

I think it is great that you are keeping it professional. This type of buyer is the one who makes sellers' blood boil!
Old 05-18-2011

Longevity: 76%

Melissa

You are a wordsmith girl. Nicely done.
Old 05-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Melissa,

This seems like a scam to me. Not because of the address issues, but if *I* bought something as a gift and wanted it expedited, I would be checking the tracking number. And even if I didn't, I would have contacted you after 7-10 days had passed to see what was up.

I think it is great that you are keeping it professional. This type of buyer is the one who makes sellers' blood boil!
No he didn't request Expedited Shipping. It cost me $5 more to send it expedited. I totally agree, you'd think if he really has enough invested to be "disappointed because it is a gift" then he'd have enough invested to check the tracking number to ensure its safe arrival.

I googled him. Pretty much decided I wasn't going to refund him so it escalated to concerns of id theft. Maybe he stole someones credit card info, bought an item then planned to retrieve it in the lobby of this multi residence dwelling. I must have forgotten a paragraph because I also gave him his USPS case # for the investigation on the missing package and reminded him that per Amazons Participation agreement rules, he MUST have a valid address on file but it appear so far they haven't noticed. ALso urged him USPS would like a valid address on file.
He probably thinks I am a nag
Old 05-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannytranny View Post
Melissa

You are a wordsmith girl. Nicely done.
Thank you. I have ADD & weak eyes (if that is a valid disease lol) so it takes a long time to word it half way decently.
Old 05-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
good follow=up. You probably have a good case. like I said, probably a nutjob from another country with no vowels in his name, and no clue about anything.
Thanks. He has a common enough first and last name
Old 05-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Melissa,

The kind that make my blood boil are the scammers that have the gumption to criticize, throw guilt trips adding a few put downs WHILE stealing from me. Just can't do those people, hence why I am not on ebay anymore.
Luckily I've only had 3 of those in my lifetime of selling online and one out of the 3 gave me a negative. She was nuts
Old 05-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Haven't heard from him, its been a week.

Sales have been pretty good but had 3 scam attempts in just the last 10 days

One of the 3 was successful and she was rude.

Refunded her and she kept the item as scammers do, complained, accused me long BEFORE i even sent it out the item like all she wanted to do is neg me. Felt like a set up. So I befriended her on a social networking site with a different name, we chatted for about 5 minutes after I kept hitting I like button when she would post. so she won't likely neg me now.

Last edited by Melissa1971; 05-21-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2011
Threadstarter  

Adam this is for you, same situation

I never heard back from this guy
Old 06-16-2011

Longevity: 76%

Nicely done Melissa, nicely done
Old 06-16-2011
Threadstarter