Just received an abusive message from a buyer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Just received an abusive message from a buyer

Basically the product the bought was faulty, I sell 1000's of these items. I said I'll send a replacement and give you a full refund, which was fair. They then left a negative after all this. I contacted them to remove it and was told more or less of F off and if I contact them again they'll report me for harassment.

Anyone else had problems like this, what did you do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-16-2010
Red X

Longevity: 0%

Yeah, i had a guy call me every name in the book last holiday season because the item wasn't what he expected even though i stated everything in the auction. It kind i ticked me off, i don't recommend this, but i wrote him back, and i told him of, he never replied, nor did he leave negative feedback, but i did refund his money, and let him keep the item. Maybe thats why, don't do this though, not good customer service.
Old 11-16-2010

World is full with assholes like that and you can't do nothing with that because ebay dont care about sellers.
Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Block and move on. Build more positives to offset this crap deal.
Old 11-16-2010

Longevity: 78%

Yeah that is a shame they will not do anything when they seem to attract such nutty people.

I often wonder where they are advertising for these new buyers they are trying to draw in as the nut seems to be becoming the norm.

Anywhere else and their attitude would not be accepted but ebay seems to be breeding them.
Old 11-16-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
Yeah that is a shame they will not do anything when they seem to attract such nutty people.

I often wonder where they are advertising for these new buyers they are trying to draw in as the nut seems to be becoming the norm.

Anywhere else and their attitude would not be accepted but ebay seems to be breeding them.

ebay has been on robot chicken. nuff said
Old 11-17-2010

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
Basically the product the bought was faulty, I sell 1000's of these items. I said I'll send a replacement and give you a full refund, which was fair. They then left a negative after all this. I contacted them to remove it and was told more or less of F off and if I contact them again they'll report me for harassment.

Anyone else had problems like this, what did you do?
I do nothing when this sort of thing happens. Just forget it and keep on selling 1000's of your items.
Just imagine working the return desk at Walmart for a week. You will run across impossibly stupid unreasonable people no matter where or what you sell. Have you ever seen incredibly demanding customers in McDonalds? Possibly even someone you or I know is one of them?

I've also completed many thousands of transactions on Ebay and there is absolutely no way in hades to avoid the occasional goofball. Just look at the big picture....all your satisfied customers!
The Following User Says Thank You to lostsub For This Useful Post:
Markk (11-17-2010)
Old 11-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yea, these kind of people are pretty crazy, I usually explain why what they are saying is silly/unjust etc. and never hear back from them, nor get a negative.

Once I did get a negative from a guys who's "feedback left for others" was 20% negative. Imaginary problem and no communication of course.
Old 11-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

It is best to not react, and say it is what it is

I agree you sometimes cannot tell who will neg you, but I often see trouble from zero or 1 feedbackers, private feedback, or people that ask alot of questions during bidding or straight after they have won. The ones I hate the most are the bidders who ask all their questions after bidding, once theyve taken the damn thing off the market. I sometimes use my intuition and cancel it and dont send it out saying it is an error in listing or somethng. When Ive ignored my intuition, bang I get hit with that stroppy email..

or try and work out a compromise. If they have not immediately filed a dispute and are just asking for a refund, and I sense that they will neg, usually by their language, I usually ask for transaction to be cancelled and good feedback first, and they can keep item (if sufficiently low value) youd be surprised how may people go for it. They cannot be bothered to return it they just want their money, they think if it is documented on ebay messages, they will get the refund ok. they also know if I dont refund they can
still file a dispute.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-17-2010 at 08:46 AM.