eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon X (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/)
-   -   Guide to overcoming the EIN/SSN requirement (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/38090-guide-overcoming-ein-ssn-requirement.html)

Axcend 10-17-2011 10:17 PM

Guide to overcoming the EIN/SSN requirement

OK since I never really saw any definite information on how to overcome this problem, I have decided to write my own guide with pictures :)

**IMAGES ARE OUT OF ORDER** I will fix this tomorrow. They look like they are in reverse order. so follow them from my last (3rd) post going upwards

Here are screenshots of every step of information to fill out. I did not go through the complete Sole Proprietorship/Individual as I don't think many people will be able to use a SSN. So you will see it proceed on the individual information, then go back and select the company option.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/541/66746703.th.png
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5559/41830385.th.png
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2087/34154577.th.png
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3238/14356587.th.png

Limit is 7 images per post, so the rest are posted below.

Here is a website with instructions on starting a business:
Business License, Permits, and Business Names - How to get a business license

You will need to register an LLC (easiest), and then apply for an EIN. All this can be accomplished in about 3-4 hours once the paperwork is filled out. You can have your own business fully licensed and registered within 1 business day easily. I did mine online through a website (cost me $$$) but I did 10 minutes of paperwork and had my documents emailed to me 3 hours later.

Now for a company, you don't have to disclose any personal information (as you can see from the pictures, amazon doesn't ask anything).

The next big step is have a business address. Now me included (4 different addresses) and I'm guessing most of the others on this forum might have some trouble coming up with an address. You can't just use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address as it is what your business will be registered under, and unfortunately you have to supply this address to Amazon.

The solution is to get a private mailbox (google for more info). This will provide you with a valid business address to receive your documents in the mail and to provide to Amazon without any linking to your real information.

Hopefully this will help people overcome this obstacle for the new year :)

Axcend 10-17-2011 10:18 PM

Axcend 10-17-2011 10:20 PM

KingRay 10-17-2011 10:35 PM

You did help out on how things will work on that part but there is tons you left out. the state fees on your LLC,, usually more than the LLC costs itself.

as for LLC being the easiest, maybe online but for online business, LLC really isnt that great due to the reason the LLC exists. Its limited liability Company. What are you wanting to limit liability for on something that has no assets, etc. That is the purpose of the LLC, to protect assets, etc in case it tanks.

What you said IS indeed a quick fix but doesnt do anything to help people to understand what is involved after and during the whole year for tax payments, etc.

Knowing what I know about business/Tax guidelines etc, this is a failure waiting to happen and next year at tax time everyone on here will be posting how to figure that part out. Just like the EIN now since its getting close to the end of the year.

Not knocking you at all so dont think that is what I am doing. I just know that there is much much more to this than that.

Professional advice is strongly advised before entering into any business entity like this.

Most since they just sell online dont think that this EIN stuff is serious but it really is. they make it so simple,etc but that is for them to make money. (legalzoom,. etc)

incniu 10-18-2011 02:58 PM

Sole Proprietorship with EIN will be fine.

Any there any guide of how to bookkeeping, how to file for tax?

KingRay 10-18-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incniu (Post 279240)
Sole Proprietorship with EIN will be fine.

Any there any guide of how to bookkeeping, how to file for tax?

That will absolutely work for small part time sellers but when it comes to huge tax deductions that you SHOULD be taking advantage of there is more to it. Thats basically all I am trying to convey.

LLC and SP or even Corparate types of business are not just for big and bigger companies, They are for different tax strategies, etc.

Tax % and what you can deduct will be different on each one.

Small part time or even small full time sellers can for sure do the SP with EIN but to get maximum tax benefits online info isnt the way to go. A tax professional can get you fixed up way better.

Vadim 10-18-2011 06:54 PM

KingRay - I do this as my main income. 20k sales a month.

I have a SP with EIN registered with my state and all that.

Can you give me some more info about these maximum tax benefits and etc? Maybe a PM would be better. I will also be speaking with a tax professional.

OP - Will this work with a SP / EIN? Thats what I plan on doing. My old account was suspended for a dumb reason and now I have a VERY nice legit business account and I am a little worried about them connecting the dots.

Axcend 10-18-2011 10:36 PM

Yes, I did not write this at all as a complete guide. I am planning on updating it with additional information that will help with all these questions. I definitely do not have anywhere near enough time to do a complete write up and was hoping that others would contribute to this.

I just wanted to get the ball rolling as there was not a definite thread on it. This was for people who are in a bind and do not know what to do at all in approaching this problem.

Please do note as mentioned above, that forming a company and receiving an EIN does require paperwork and tidy book keeping. It will be a big step for a lot of people (was for me for my first business), but a necessary step in becoming a successful business owner. The sooner you get yourself into the business system the sooner you can reap the tax benefits :)

alnev 10-19-2011 12:34 AM

How many LLC-s can one person have?

Vadim 10-19-2011 11:43 AM

IF you do choose to go the LLC route instead of SP. Then I suggest you be extremely careful and do your homework and spend 150$ to talk to a professional. Then open just ONE up and keep the account legit. Its really not that difficult to make a legitimate account. There are NUMEROUS perfectly legal ways to do this.

The sooner people stop thinking "get rich quick" the smarter they will get.

adam34996 10-19-2011 05:46 PM

I did my LLC paperwork for $150 filing fee and about 3 pieces of paper.

Unless you have a very complicated business I suggest at least filing the LLC yourself it you want to save a buck.

A tax professional would still be good to review your books and advise you.

alnev 10-19-2011 09:56 PM

1 EIN is not enough for me. I have 8 featured accounts, with another 4-5 coming in the next couple of months, I don't want to give them up.
So, if it's possible, how can one person have multiple EINs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vadim (Post 279539)
IF you do choose to go the LLC route instead of SP. Then I suggest you be extremely careful and do your homework and spend 150$ to talk to a professional. Then open just ONE up and keep the account legit. Its really not that difficult to make a legitimate account. There are NUMEROUS perfectly legal ways to do this.

The sooner people stop thinking "get rich quick" the smarter they will get.

Axcend 10-19-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnev (Post 279706)
1 EIN is not enough for me. I have 8 featured accounts, with another 4-5 coming in the next couple of months, I don't want to give them up.
So, if it's possible, how can one person have multiple EINs?

I heard of this from someone, but haven't confirmed it. Something about creating EINs within the business for employees or something. I don't know anymore than that, sorry :/.

Here is some really good websites about having your LLC in Wyoming. The tax benefits are phenomenal.

Why Wyoming is the best place to incorporate

Wyoming LLC advantages and disadvantages

Details on Wyoming Incorporation and the Advantages over a Nevada Corporation

alnev 10-23-2011 06:39 PM

Ok, there's some stuff I've been thinking about, I would appreciate any input:

1. How can one person have multiple EINs?
2. Let's say that I have a friend who would create a Sole Proprietorship or LLC with a PO box address that I create (so that I will get all the tax papers & stuff). Do you see any problem with me using his EIN? Can this EIN be used on stealth Amazon accounts, or I have to create a new account with his name?
3. How much tax do you have to pay?
4. How can you write off taxes and how much are you allowed to write off? For example if I have to pay 10k in taxes, can I buy 5 iMac-s for 2k each and say that I needed them for the business? (I'm almost sure, that you can't, but maybe somebody has some experience in this field)

I know that "I could get the best answers only from a professional", but as far as I saw, there's some pretty knowledgeable and experienced people here on the forum, so let's see what they have to say.

Axcend 10-23-2011 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=alnev;280924]Ok, there's some stuff I've been thinking about, I would appreciate any input:

1. How can one person have multiple EINs?
--You can open multiple businesses. Also I have heard of people creating EINs for employees so they can report for the business. Not sure how that works though, I personally make multiple businesses for different accounts.
2. Let's say that I have a friend who would create a Sole Proprietorship or LLC with a PO box address that I create (so that I will get all the tax papers & stuff). Do you see any problem with me using his EIN? Can this EIN be used on stealth Amazon accounts, or I have to create a new account with his name?
--You can use his EIN, but he's going to need all your financial paperwork for his taxes.
3. How much tax do you have to pay?
--That is completely dependent on what state you file for your business license in. I posted some links above about the pros of having your business in Wyoming. Some great info there to get you started. Otherwise just check each state's website.
4. How can you write off taxes and how much are you allowed to write off? For example if I have to pay 10k in taxes, can I buy 5 iMac-s for 2k each and say that I needed them for the business? (I'm almost sure, that you can't, but maybe somebody has some experience in this field)

I know that "I could get the best answers only from a professional", but as far as I saw, there's some pretty knowledgeable and experienced people here on the forum, so let's see what they have to say.[
--You can write off as much on your taxes as you make. So say your profit for this year was $30,000, you can write off $30,000 in taxes. You can write off whatever you want in taxes as long as you have a legitimate reason. This can include dinner with customers, business partners, etc. As long as you can prove that you need 5 iMacs for your business then you are fine. But 5 iMacs with only1 employee would seem unreasonable :)
/QUOTE]

KingRay 10-23-2011 10:34 PM

Wow, There is a ton to go through, i just wanted to check on here before I crashed for the night.

1st thing. NO ONE follow that just yet. let me dig through it and see what is good and not. one of the bat is using someone else for EIN> NO !!!!!!

ON that note, I will reply sometime on Monday. Just done do anything yet. Trouble will be your way if so.

alnev 10-24-2011 12:07 AM

Why is that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 280963)
one of the bat is using someone else for EIN> NO !!!!!!

MtnDew 10-28-2011 12:45 PM

PM if this is dead. Im trying to go all the way legal myself with my accounts. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Axcend 10-30-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtnDew (Post 282368)
PM if this is dead. Im trying to go all the way legal myself with my accounts. Any help is appreciated. thanks

Just do your research on it. Your local state website is more than happy to let you know how much you need to pay them each year :)

KingRay 10-31-2011 12:04 AM

I replied to that long post but not sure where it went. It either got deleted or I posted it on the wrong topic. Crap..

KingRay 11-05-2011 10:46 AM

Sorry, Had Paypal on my mind. Not sure how amazon is doing it but the rest is still the same.

its all really the same if you are using paypal though.

EbanYtsa 11-15-2011 12:51 AM

so after december 26 there is no way to register acc without ssn ?