Amazon Question - Please Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-08-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Amazon Question - Please Help

I have a couple of very specific questions regarding the use of my 'tainted' computers that are already in my home.

I will have a brand new modem/router, and a brand new netbook for use on getting back on amazon.

I want to know if there is any risk in using my old computers. I have cleared the cache, the cookies, the registry, etc, so they are completely logged out of amazon.

With this in mind:

Will just accessing the internet with these tainted machines taint my new modem router?

If it won't, which I'm assuming it won't, can I access amazon with these old computers? Let me qualify what I mean by that. Can I go on the website at all? For instance, to check the price on something or browse a product. NEVER to log into an account EVER, I already know that. I have noticed in my past experience with amazon that their linking only works once you are logged in, and it seems like only once you place an order or something of that sort. Due to this, I would assume that if I never log into an account on these old computers, just going onto the website shouldn't hurt anything.

Please let me know if I am wrong on anything or if you have more information.
Thanks!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

Yes you can browse around without logging in. If you want to use those computers, you better get a new IP to be safe.
Old 05-08-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%

If I want to use them to log in right? I'm getting a new computer, new modem, and new router just be safe.
Old 05-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerktm View Post
I have a couple of very specific questions regarding the use of my 'tainted' computers that are already in my home.

I will have a brand new modem/router, and a brand new netbook for use on getting back on amazon.

I want to know if there is any risk in using my old computers. I have cleared the cache, the cookies, the registry, etc, so they are completely logged out of amazon.

With this in mind:

Will just accessing the internet with these tainted machines taint my new modem router?

If it won't, which I'm assuming it won't, can I access amazon with these old computers? Let me qualify what I mean by that. Can I go on the website at all? For instance, to check the price on something or browse a product. NEVER to log into an account EVER, I already know that. I have noticed in my past experience with amazon that their linking only works once you are logged in, and it seems like only once you place an order or something of that sort. Due to this, I would assume that if I never log into an account on these old computers, just going onto the website shouldn't hurt anything.

Please let me know if I am wrong on anything or if you have more information.
Thanks!!

You should be Ok,,I do not see a Problem,,,You could also create a Virtual Machine