Virtual Machines, VMplayer and MAC address's!? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 01-07-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%

Thank you, BiN4RY!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2013

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by exranger View Post
Thank you, BiN4RY!
? ignorance is bliss
Old 01-09-2013

Longevity: 65%

I am so confused at to what exactly Amazon uses to link accounts... I have been using 2 seller accounts and 1 buyer account, all with different LLC owners and diff bank accounts and credit card details for the past 6 months. On 3 laptops, 2 iPads, and 2 iPhones, used all to access all accounts. Why didn't Amazon shut down my accounts?? I just got one seller account suspended finally but not being linked to other accounts. How is it possible that they didn't track anything?
Old 01-09-2013

Longevity: 74%

This is too confusing,,,

so i will just ask a simple question

i want to run multiple accounts

so if i make multiple windows on vmplayer, and use different verizon mifi devices for each accounts do i still need to mess with mac address???

Hopefully someone has some good knowledge on this
Old 01-10-2013

You do nor need to be concerned about mac addresses. That's why the other two never came back to comment after seeing the evidence. You do worry about the ip but it looks like you have that sorted.

I run my amzon accounts through the same router with a dynamic ip. So the mac is the same but I and many others have never been linked through this. Just using another windows account for each amazon account and mixing up which browser you use has worked for me with amazon uk. but I only have 3 seller accounts.

I think amazon linking the products you sell to older accounts is a much bigger problem than people realise so watch out for that
Old 01-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
You do nor need to be concerned about mac addresses. That's why the other two never came back to comment after seeing the evidence. You do worry about the ip but it looks like you have that sorted.

I run my amzon accounts through the same router with a dynamic ip. So the mac is the same but I and many others have never been linked through this. Just using another windows account for each amazon account and mixing up which browser you use has worked for me with amazon uk. but I only have 3 seller accounts.

I think amazon linking the products you sell to older accounts is a much bigger problem than people realise so watch out for that
I didn't reply because I have something called a life and I don't sit in front of my computer all day. Like I said before, MAC address can be traced with many APIs. If you have even bothered reading that so called "proof" thread you posted, the same guy who posted the video even stated himself that MAC can be traced using XSS. Amazon UK might be different since most of the stories involving MAC addresses I've seen are almost always from Amazon US. If you don't think they track your MAC, then keep doing whatever you've been doing, I'm not stopping you. For people who are unsure, it's better to take extra precaution since reports of MAC related linkage greatly outnumbers the opposite end of the spectrum.
Old 01-10-2013

I'm just interested as to who reports amazon tracing mac addresses as amazon do not tell you why you were banned. Who are these people making things up.

Also I said mac addresses in rare corcumstances can be traced, just in a very very small and specific circumstance . If you had paid attention you would see that my evidence was not the thread or random peoples opinion but one of the worlds most famous hackers explaining why mac addresses can't and won't be traced. Not to mention all the other programmers and real experts who do this for a living.

To change a MAC address is one of the most difficult things to change for a 1st time stealther and its something that anyone with half a brain can tell you they don't need to worry about.

I don't know why you seem to keep trying to add insults. Every time I'm online you are so I'm not sure what kind of life you have with your 1600 posts or what point you were making since you have been on many times since I posted fairly compelling evidence. Anyway to any intelligent person it's pretty clear.

Last edited by barrycruan; 01-10-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2013

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
I didn't reply because I have something called a life and I don't sit in front of my computer all day. Like I said before, MAC address can be traced with many APIs. If you have even bothered reading that so called "proof" thread you posted, the same guy who posted the video even stated himself that MAC can be traced using XSS. Amazon UK might be different since most of the stories involving MAC addresses I've seen are almost always from Amazon US. If you don't think they track your MAC, then keep doing whatever you've been doing, I'm not stopping you. For people who are unsure, it's better to take extra precaution since reports of MAC related linkage greatly outnumbers the opposite end of the spectrum.
hi
amazon trace mac even in UK.i tried before.
it's easy for amazon: new dongle. new pc ( or change mac address). sell genuine products.FBA is the best.
that's it.
Old 03-17-2013

Longevity: 69%

I will like "ASPKIN" himself to clarify whether or not amazon can see your mac address, I payed good money for his book as most of you did as well. If he himself posted and said amazon can not see your mac address then my worries will lessen greatly. I've been sitting here for 3 bloody hours reading countless topics on mac address and not once has "ASPKIN" commented on anything. It's his forum and it's his book, if he misinterpreted some of the information in his book(i.e mac address) then it's his job to set us all straight.
Old 03-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Virtual Machines, VMplayer and MAC address's!?

Amazon cannot see your MAC address. They use a form of browser fingerprinting.

Look at the info IPBurger.com produces. Amazon link you through browser, operating system, add ons installed and IP.

I have asked several IT experts and they all agree that the MAC cannot be seen.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Mutant (03-17-2013), superboy (03-17-2013), TonyAlmeida (03-18-2013)
Old 03-17-2013

Longevity: 69%

It's browser fingerprinting...

Timezone, desktop resolution, browser type/version & language, OS, fonts & browser plugins
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Invisible For This Useful Post:
superboy (03-17-2013)