Virtual Machines, VMplayer and MAC address's!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 08-09-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Virtual Machines, VMplayer and MAC address's!?

Hi, new here, just bought the Amazon Ghost book, after getting the ebay one about a year ago that I pretty much also used for amazon guidelines until last week I got an amazon account rejected on application and thought @*@* WUT! Then I bought the book and learned of MAC address tracking, atleast I know now.

Great book and great site.

However, with a new router waiting downstairs in the cupboard, I have a a question for any whiling guru.

I will be using windows XP on a virtual machine using VMplayer, on my windows 7 desktop. Now, before I installed VMplayer, typing 'getmac' (on my windows7 desktop) into command prompt gave me one mac address, and SMAC (a mac spoofing tool) only showed one aswell, which I practiced spoofing, and it went well.

Now I have VMmare installed command prompt and smac show 3. 1 of the windows 7 machine and 2 virtual ethernet adapters. However, VMware again show's another, for the virtual machine which is confirmed by the virtual XP installation by using the command prompt 'ipconfig /all' within the xp installation.

So 4 all together. 1 of my desktop windows 7 pc and a further 2 (virtual ethernet adapters) on this pc and 1 of the virtual machine.

Now I know amazon will see my router, I was just wondering past my router which of these will amazon see. The one of the virtual machine!?

Sorry if my question is a tad long however's any help appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Anyone have an idea as to wether the outside world see's the mac of my router and my pc or my router and virtual pc's mac!?
Old 12-31-2012

Longevity: 70%
Send a message via ICQ to Jojoharris Send a message via AIM to Jojoharris

I would also like to know abou this if anyone has any clues?
Old 01-01-2013

Longevity: 66%

according to any networking book TCP/IP no site can see your MAC address

so we still don't know if Amazons sees your MAC address, I am far from guru on this topic, but I can only imagine if they really see your MAC address it's only by using some application that reads your MAC address in your computer and sends it to Amazon as data
Old 01-01-2013

Longevity: 82%

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but according to guide Amazon should only see the Mac Address of the Virtual machine. You will need to disable your ethernet ports and spoof your adapter if I remember rightly
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if mac is not visible according to science then can someone explain what app az uses to see it...
Old 01-03-2013

1 . Amazon cant see your MAC address. You can ask this to other web developers/programmers they will say the same.
2 . You cant spoof mac of virtual machine on VMWARE. It will not work. You should do it on your real machine so it has vmware adapters and can change it.
Old 01-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I know they cannot see it..exactly - so why bother with spoofing real or otherwise....
Old 01-03-2013

I read some users still trying to change their mac or even worst to buy a new computer/router bypass amazon's radar to feel comfortable. Thats why i have told how to change mac. I don't change mac and everything is well.
The Following User Says Thank You to businezz For This Useful Post:
oompaloompa (01-03-2013)
Old 01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by medseven View Post
Anyone have an idea as to wether the outside world see's the mac of my router and my pc or my router and virtual pc's mac!?
The outside world cannot determine your MAC Address also know as your Hardware Address if you are using a VPS. You can only find your MAC address when you are logged into your internal Network or LAN.

Last edited by unixchosting; 01-04-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-05-2013

Longevity: 69%

If you...

1. keep cookies separate
2. spoof mac
3. change your user agent string (different browser + os) for each account
4. spoof desktop resolution + time zone + block fonts & plugin detection

Do you even need vmplayer?
Old 01-05-2013

Longevity: 73%

They can't see your desktop MAC address. They can see your Router's MAC address. THAT should be changed.
Old 01-06-2013

They are not in your local network. No router mac or machine. They cannot see it. Its impossible.
Old 01-06-2013

Longevity: 73%

Actually, they can see your router's MAC. The last gateway from your LAN to the "real" world of the internet is traceable. BUT that's it. They see your router's IP and MAC.

BY the way, that's how a lot of ISPs - like FIOS - authenticate you.

They could write a JAVA applet that would get out information from behind your router. You'd have to work out ways NOT to set off waring flags if you do that, though.

More than likely, it's just browser fingerprinting.
The Following User Says Thank You to exranger For This Useful Post:
Mutant (03-17-2013)
Old 01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exranger View Post
They can't see your desktop MAC address. They can see your Router's MAC address. THAT should be changed.
MAC address is part of the OSI Network Model and takes place at the Link-Layer in the OSI Model. The very bottom... The answer is no they cannot see your routers or Machines MAC address as it is only used for communication in your Local Network or LAN.

If you are using IPv6 addressing, the IP address can be generated using certain parts of your computers MAC Address.
Old 01-06-2013

Longevity: 69%

It has probably been browser fingerprinting (Timezone, desktop resolution, browser type, browser version, OS, fonts & browser plugins) that has been getting people in trouble not the mac address which they cant see.

Last edited by Mr. Invisible; 01-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2013

Longevity: 77%

Amazon 100% can not see our MAC address. Not unless you are in the same building as them, download a flash app to kindly let them see or they hack you. Unless one of those occur there is no way for them to see your mac. Please stop confusing people.
Old 01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by exranger View Post
Actually, they can see your router's MAC. The last gateway from your LAN to the "real" world of the internet is traceable. BUT that's it. They see your router's IP and MAC.

BY the way, that's how a lot of ISPs - like FIOS - authenticate you.

They could write a JAVA applet that would get out information from behind your router. You'd have to work out ways NOT to set off waring flags if you do that, though.

More than likely, it's just browser fingerprinting.
Please stop giving out completely inaccurate information.
Old 01-07-2013

barrycruan you are saying "download a flash app kindly let them see"

so when I upload pictures to Amazon, some window appears on my screen(I think everybody knows I am talking about 9 pictures window) , can they use this window to hide application for checking MAC ?
Old 01-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetragor View Post
according to any networking book TCP/IP no site can see your MAC address

so we still don't know if Amazons sees your MAC address, I am far from guru on this topic, but I can only imagine if they really see your MAC address it's only by using some application that reads your MAC address in your computer and sends it to Amazon as data
MAC cannot be seen by the TCP/IP protocal itself because it's not trasmitted in the HTTP header, but certain web APIs offers functions that allows amazon to get it as it is capable of running in the clientside browser. Amazon tracks MAC addresses and this has been confirmed by countless number of witnesses on the forum, and anyone who says otherwise are just being straight up ridiculous to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
Amazon 100% can not see our MAC address. Not unless you are in the same building as them, download a flash app to kindly let them see or they hack you. Unless one of those occur there is no way for them to see your mac. Please stop confusing people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
Please stop giving out completely inaccurate information.
Please stop pulling your own speculated nonsense out of your rear, thank you.

Quote:

so when I upload pictures to Amazon, some window appears on my screen(I think everybody knows I am talking about 9 pictures window) , can they use this window to hide application for checking MAC ?
I'm pretty sure that flash doesn't hold any functions that gets your MAC address. Amazon can grab your MAC address as soon as you login, they don't need your permission to track you.

Last edited by BiN4RY; 01-07-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
MAC cannot be seen by the TCP/IP protocal itself because it's not trasmitted in the HTTP header, but certain web APIs offers functions that allows amazon to get it as it is capable of running in the clientside browser. Amazon tracks MAC addresses and this has been confirmed by countless number of witnesses on the forum, and anyone who says otherwise are just being straight up ridiculous to be honest.

Please stop pulling your own speculated nonsense out of your rear, thank you.
That is a ridiculous post and should be deleted as its just wasting peoples time. the only speculative opinion is yours, you clearly do not have a clue.instead of accusing people of "speculative nonsense" do 2 minutes research and you wont look like a FOOL. (sorry mods please, feel free to edit this but its annoying having to explain to all the guessers)

The question was do amazon track my MAC and the answer is NO. Please read that again the answer is no. I know you say there are countless witnesses, but what have they witnessed. Amazon does not tell you why you or how you were linked. There are countless people randomly guessing. If somehow amazon did trace your mac everyone who runs their stealth accounts through a Static IP such as myself and numerous people on here would be linked. Can you explain that.

I wont go into too much detail but on many other forums that I frequent and are a bit technical, real experts all confirm amazon would not track your mac address.

This http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackha...ay-paypal.html is a thread where another "genius" thought MACs were traced. If you read to the end there is a video and around part 2 the real life expert explains why mac address cant be traced but thats really not necessary.

There is so much evidence and many reasons why you are wrong but I hope the ones provided will be enough, this post is long enough. As for the flash I mentioned, I worded it wrong but it is also covered in the link above.

Last edited by barrycruan; 01-07-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2013

Quote:

i worded the flash part wrong. Sorry for the confusion but if you click the link above it should be explained