How to run 3 high volume Amazon accounts from one location - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 01-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default How to run 3 high volume Amazon accounts from one location

Does anyone have experience on running high volume accounts simultaneously out of one location?

What I mean by that is, not only setting up a backup account that sits dormant, but spreading let's say 3,000 products you sell over 3 separate accounts, and using FBA and Seller Fulfilled on all 3 accounts, DAILY.

The challenges being that high speed constant connection is necessary on all of them at the same time. When you have 20-30 sales per day on each account, it's imperative that you have the ability to constantly check on them and respond to messages, work on inventory, shipments, etc. at the same time, all day long. Turning off modems and routers, waiting and switching for new IPs, or using slow USB or MiFi connections for each account seems cumbersome and tiring in the long run.

My question is what is the best setup, let's say for 3 laptops, connected to one printer, that are constantly online, each with separate account open? I have one Comcast cable connection currently, can I simply use VPNs for two, and my regular connection for the 3rd account? Is my MAC address visible, for the router, on all 3 accounts, including the VPN accounts? My understanding is that the MAC address of the computers doesn't really matter because no one from the outside can actually access that information past your router, which is the first device on the line. Do VPNs act in a similar fashion as that, so amazon cannot see past the VPNs, or can they still see one MAC address on the router running all 3 accounts?

Also anyone using DooVPN.com ($9.99 per month, but even cheaper if you do yearly contract) and would that work on the two machines, with the 3rd one using the regular comcast connection?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: How to run 3 high volume Amazon accounts from one location

I run a lot of accounts everyday. Each account has a laptop and its own internet connection. My internet bill is very expensive every month.
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikiimart View Post
I run a lot of accounts everyday. Each account has a laptop and its own internet connection. My internet bill is very expensive every month.
If your using FBA isn't it worth looking at Amazon shipping and completing the orders as well?, rather than you despatching them, surely that would make life easier for you, leaving you more time to deal with the very things you mention, replying to messages, etc., the time that it is clearly taking you to despatch the orders yourself could be used to source new items and concentrate more on that side of things, fully utilising FBA as I understand it means sending boxed lots off to Amazon warehouses where they then take over everything to do with despatching the goods as they are ordered, there must come a point where this is the best option, and yes you do do need a separate IP address of course for each account, but Amazon cannot read MAC addresses so as long as you log out of each user ID and account, you would be able run more than 1 Amazon account on 1 laptop
Old 01-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Hi Rosie, you are correct, FBA does save a lot of time, however, you also run the risk of your account being shut down and your inventory held for 90 days, which could be loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on your sales volume/inventory. Also the reason we continue utilizing Seller fulfilled is because of the lead time in FBA - it takes couple weeks to package, ship, arrive at FBA center, processing it, and etc. The nature of the products we sell requires fast action, every day is lost revenue, and new products emerge daily that need to be added to inventory. So we list Seller Fulfilled, and convert to FBA once it hits the FBA center.

We have read and own every guide out there regarding stealth, and this is our 3rd account. Just we have never attempted to run simultaneous accounts. Loss of revenue when an account gets shut down is what worries us. When you have large overhead, some of us may even have employees and etc, being shut down for a month or two affects many people and families.

IP addresses obviously have to be different, the question is, when running 3 high volume accounts, you don't really have time to switch between accounts, turn things on and off, wait for new IPs, use slow connections, etc. We are talking about 3 people working 12 hour days, constantly updating, responding, listing, shipping, creating FBA shipments, etc. We need 3 laptops minimum, maybe 6 for the 3 accounts, constantly logged on, used all the time, on a fast internet connection. What is the best setup? Can we call Comcast Cable provider and ask them to run two additional internet lines, so we simply have 3 separate internet lines in, with 3 modems and 3 routers? Or can we simply use the one existing with one account, and utilize VPN such as DooVPN.com to run the other two laptops?

There are even further potential issues, such as sharing a printer, label printers, or dedicated FBA computers (we utilize Apple computers for each account management for various reasons, but usually better tools for image manipulation and etc, unfortunately FBA label printing isn't supported by Apple, so we use a separate Windows PC to do all FBA work which would require us to have 3 Windows PCs also connected on the corresponding internet lines of the 3 Apple Account Management computers.
The Following User Says Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
GhostMoney (01-11-2015)
Old 01-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
but Amazon cannot read MAC addresses so as long as you log out of each user ID and account, you would be able run more than 1 Amazon account on 1 laptop
I thought Amazon COULD read MAC addresses?
Old 01-09-2015
Threadstarter  

I just received information on another thread that using VPN masks your MAC address, in a similar fashion to using a router doesn't allow Amazon to see the mac addresses on the devices behind that router. Looking from outside into your network, they only see the first device in the line of sight, which is your router and it's MAC. Thus changing your router would be enough after suspension, as long as you reinstall Windows/OS on your computers. I've attempted to clean cache and cookies, even flash cookies and etc., but it seems like I can still see traces after that, so I wouldn't risk just cleaning the computers, I would definitely reimage the hard drives and start fresh. It doesn't seem like you necessarily have to change the device itself though...
The Following User Says Thank You to alekov For This Useful Post:
yllinu (02-14-2015)
Old 01-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Sites like DooVPN just give you shared ips, that other people have used before you need to use a VPN company that give you dedicated static fresh IPs. And yes you are right when you are connected to a VPN it changes your MAC automatically.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
alekov (01-09-2015), BangkokBetty (01-10-2015), yankee (01-09-2015), yllinu (02-14-2015)
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 77%

Amazon can't see your MAC address. 100% they cannot so let's get that clear.

Also 30 orders a day in each account is not high volume and would be quite easy to manage. It might be high value but it's not high volume.

I do over 200 orders on each account and have no problem running this from 1 computer with 1 internet connection.

Also you do Not need to reimage or format your hard drive. Most people myself included use one computer with several different user accounts. It's not very difficult to log in and out. Just change the IP which is matter of switching the router on and off.

Last edited by barrycruan; 01-09-2015 at 02:27 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barrycruan For This Useful Post:
alekov (01-09-2015), GhostMoney (01-11-2015), NLS (06-08-2021), RosieTosie (01-11-2015), wizzkidjam (01-09-2015), yllinu (02-14-2015)
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 54%

If its only 3 accts, you can use one machine under VMware, which you can download free....Virtual machine....But, please watch some videos to learn how to run it...Its like splitting one machine in 3....hope it helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to holguin666 For This Useful Post:
alekov (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post

Also anyone using DooVPN.com ($9.99 per month, but even cheaper if you do yearly contract) and would that work on the two machines, with the 3rd one using the regular comcast connection?
No sensible and skilled seller would use a cheap, and therefore nasty VPN.

That is not good stealth.
Old 01-09-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekov View Post
Does anyone have experience on running high volume accounts simultaneously out of one location?

What I mean by that is, not only setting up a backup account that sits dormant, but spreading let's say 3,000 products you sell over 3 separate accounts, and using FBA and Seller Fulfilled on all 3 accounts, DAILY.

The challenges being that high speed constant connection is necessary on all of them at the same time. When you have 20-30 sales per day on each account, it's imperative that you have the ability to constantly check on them and respond to messages, work on inventory, shipments, etc. at the same time, all day long. Turning off modems and routers, waiting and switching for new IPs, or using slow USB or MiFi connections for each account seems cumbersome and tiring in the long run.

My question is what is the best setup, let's say for 3 laptops, connected to one printer, that are constantly online, each with separate account open? I have one Comcast cable connection currently, can I simply use VPNs for two, and my regular connection for the 3rd account? Is my MAC address visible, for the router, on all 3 accounts, including the VPN accounts? My understanding is that the MAC address of the computers doesn't really matter because no one from the outside can actually access that information past your router, which is the first device on the line. Do VPNs act in a similar fashion as that, so amazon cannot see past the VPNs, or can they still see one MAC address on the router running all 3 accounts?

Or you can buy static VPN and use Shipstation. I used to have 4-5k orders a month with about 6 accounts. All from 1 computer through VMware
The Following User Says Thank You to epimetheus039 For This Useful Post:
alekov (01-09-2015)
Old 01-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post

Also 30 orders a day in each account is not high volume and would be quite easy to manage. It might be high value but it's not high volume.

I do over 200 orders on each account and have no problem running this from 1 computer with 1 internet connection.

Also you do Not need to reimage or format your hard drive. Most people myself included use one computer with several different user accounts. It's not very difficult to log in and out. Just change the IP which is matter of switching the router on and off.
Thank you for the info, appreciate it. Yes, you are right, high value vs high volume, however, depending on the products you sell, you maybe a lot busier with e-mails, responses, etc selling $1,000 items that vary in size, shape, color, material, etc vs selling 100 plastic salt shakers per day. My point being, I need a setup in which all 3 accounts are constantly used, for many hours of work per day. Response time to an e-mail needs to be down to minutes, and shipping done as soon as the order comes in, etc. I have to have a better understanding of the setup of this one machine running on one internet connection and how quick you can switch between the accounts. My feeling is that you are talking about being able to unplug your router, wait 10 minutes, plug it back in, and check each account one time per day. I can't imagine you could do this ever 10 minutes, losing 10 minutes to just log in to respond to a message or print a label, or whatever it is that you are attempting to do. Honestly, even simply having to log into your computer account, change VPN connection, and log into your amazon account, and go back and forth 200 times per day would be extremely painful and annoying, even if it only takes approximately 60 seconds to do so.

The only solution for my kind of business/products would be either running 3 machines simultaneously, which would allow 3 people working at the same time, or one machine with 3 screens/3 split screens, perhaps the VMWare which people are mentioning as an option...
Old 01-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

OP

Expand on this term 'one location'.

Are your three accounts going to have completely different addresses?
What is happening there?
Old 01-09-2015

Sorry, I dont understand why you would need to be constantly switching? It takes me 60 seconds to witch accounts. I will open up account 1. Process the orders, answer emails then when finished witch the router on and off and start the process again. I might be missing something but I don't see any reason you'd need to switch accounts more than 10 times in a day? But I do get your point as it can be annoying.

Do you not have Internet dongles? You can get them pay as you go and you could attach one to each computer if you had say 1 computer for each account. If you did that you wouldn't need to switch anything. I know their signal and speed can vary though in different areas.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:

Nice explanation Barry!
Incidently how many accounts do you have? More power to us UK forum members!!
Old 01-10-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Sorry, I dont understand why you would need to be constantly switching? It takes me 60 seconds to witch accounts. I will open up account 1. Process the orders, answer emails then when finished witch the router on and off and start the process again. I might be missing something but I don't see any reason you'd need to switch accounts more than 10 times in a day? But I do get your point as it can be annoying.

Do you not have Internet dongles? You can get them pay as you go and you could attach one to each computer if you had say 1 computer for each account. If you did that you wouldn't need to switch anything. I know their signal and speed can vary though in different areas.
To Barrycruan. Let me understand you. You run Three accounts. And all you do is switch ip Address? Nothing else? Same Laptop just switch ip address and your accounts are all fine?!?

Please advise- if so that is very strange.
Old 01-10-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky00 View Post
To Barrycruan. Let me understand you. You run Three accounts. And all you do is switch ip Address? Nothing else? Same Laptop just switch ip address and your accounts are all fine?!?

That is the right procedure, come out of the user account then switch IP address and you are good to go, nothing more complicated than that, a dongle for each user account is a good option as well as has been said, as each one creates a new IP address
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
barrycruan (01-11-2015)
Old 01-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky00 View Post

Yes ducky. Rosie explained it perfectly. Many users on here do this, I'm by no means alone.
Old 01-11-2015

Quote:
Yes ducky. Rosie explained it perfectly. Many users on here do this, I'm by no means alone.
Cheers Barry!!
Old 01-22-2015

Longevity: 54%

He is talking about Amazon not ebay. For Amazon changing the IP is not enough Since they can read your MAC address, your router and your printer information from your computer.
Old 01-22-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by REFLECT View Post
He is talking about Amazon not ebay. For Amazon changing the IP is not enough Since they can read your MAC address, your router and your printer information from your computer.
Considering the thread is in the AMAZON X subforum, posters replying already knew it related to amazon & not ebay. Not sure why you did not.

Where is your proof this is the case if all the info being 'readable'?

Prove the claim or it's bull dust.

Care to explain if there are users here who use the same gear whithout being linked how that happens>

To help read posts by the below user or withdraw the unfounded claim
eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - View Profile: barrycruan

Last edited by GreenBean; 01-22-2015 at 11:40 PM.