State board levy against Amazon suspended account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 08-25-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default State board levy against Amazon suspended account?

Has anyone ever had a creditor levy against Amazon for funds being held in a 90 day period?

I realize this makes me sound like a terrible person but we have almost $20,000 locked up in 90 day holds across multiple accounts in Amazon and its hard to pay the bills. The state board of california, the sales tax collectors, offered to levy Amazon for the money I owe them....

Thoughts? My initial thinking is don't let them do it because Amazon will then know my identity on each of my suspended stealth accounts.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: State board levy against Amazon suspended account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarca18 View Post
Has anyone ever had a creditor levy against Amazon for funds being held in a 90 day period?

I realize this makes me sound like a terrible person but we have almost $20,000 locked up in 90 day holds across multiple accounts in Amazon and its hard to pay the bills. The state board of california, the sales tax collectors, offered to levy Amazon for the money I owe them....

Thoughts? My initial thinking is don't let them do it because Amazon will then know my identity on each of my suspended stealth accounts.
The levee is just a levee. They don't take it from amazon or your bank initially, it simply is unavailable until 45 or 90 days depending on your levee.

Second, if they are stealth accounts, how could the state levi someones elses account? Seriously, its not in your name.
Old 08-25-2015
Threadstarter  

True.

The accounts aren't in my name but its got an EIN that is linked to me and its tied to my bank accounts..
Old 08-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
True.

The accounts aren't in my name but its got an EIN that is linked to me and its tied to my bank accounts..
Got it.

SS signer levee

How would the state have access to your pending asset that amazon is holding? They are not a bank and do not have to show disclosed balances as far as I am aware.

What advantage would it be to you?
Old 08-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Got it.

SS signer levee

How would the state have access to your pending asset that amazon is holding? They are not a bank and do not have to show disclosed balances as far as I am aware.

What advantage would it be to you?
At least Amazon wouldn't be getting interest on it.

I think the point is revenge/payback, not getting an advantage himself.

They hold the funds to gain interest. It's dirty.
Old 08-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

But a levee DOES NOT take the funds. It just means that the financial institution can not release them to you. It is not a negative to Amazon in any way if that can even happen.
Old 08-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
But a levee DOES NOT take the funds. It just means that the financial institution can not release them to you. It is not a negative to Amazon in any way if that can even happen.
Ahh, my misunderstanding. OP probably misunderstood as well, at least, that's my best guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
yankee (08-28-2015)
Old 08-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Ahh, my misunderstanding. OP probably misunderstood as well, at least, that's my best guess.
I stand corrected. A levee can take the funds after 60 or 90 days etc.. depending on a few factors.

If the OP is seriously delinquent of state sales tax or state income tax, a BANK levee could possibly get released to the state after the levee period has expired and no payment arrangements have been made.

I have some experience with this from MA sales tax from a couple closed retail stores. Years later for being a signer on an account I had person and other business accounts levied. Funds were held(unavailable) and they fell off after 60 days.
Old 09-01-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

Quote:

The "real" reason for the 90 day hold is that buyers have 90 days to submit an AZ Claim and Amazon doesn't want to risk having to pay out a single penny to uphold that policy. Amazon does gain some interest, but we're talking about a company that does this for $500 holds for most sellers and the occasional $20,000 holds - it's not making a "killing" doing it when their revenue is as high as it is.

That said, it still feels "dirty" to me. Especially if you got suspended for a reason that doesn't apply to fraud (bad shipping/CS performance but not a bunch of "not as described" claims).

Oh and if you do successfully figure out how to do that - I have a feeling lots of people here will be very happy. Fortunately, I haven't had that happen in a year (when I had $22k and $10k locked up) due to changes in how I do things. Also, if you have good credit, apply for a couple 0% credit cards - that should cover your expenses to $20k for the time being. That's what I did anyway. HELOC is also great if you have equity.
Old 09-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for the responses. I've decided not to have them levee amazon. I plan to continue selling on there. I've worked it out for now with the state board.

We've started to accept the fact that our accounts will be suspended here and there and funds held for 90 days and we're trying to build that into our strategy. Even with money stuck for 90 days, its still better then the alternatives of not selling or selling on a lower return site.
The Following User Says Thank You to guitarca18 For This Useful Post:
yankee (09-02-2015)
Old 09-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the responses. I've decided not to have them levee amazon. I plan to continue selling on there. I've worked it out for now with the state board.

We've started to accept the fact that our accounts will be suspended here and there and funds held for 90 days and we're trying to build that into our strategy. Even with money stuck for 90 days, its still better then the alternatives of not selling or selling on a lower return site.
Why do you need to "accept" it? Why are your accounts being shut-down?

Members here have had accounts for YEARS. It's possible for a "stealth" account to remain active indefinitely.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
mshamazon (09-03-2015)