Intellectual property infringement complaint...I am very scared now - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-24-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Intellectual property infringement complaint...I am very scared now

Hi
This is very serious and I am frankly scared as hell.

Ok here it is;
I arbitraged the build-a-bot fox toy and listed it. The rights owner, colorific filed a complaint with Amazon...since I already had 2 other same complaints from others within the last 6 months that were not resolved (they never answered me), I took this one seriously especially during now with big inventory for Xmas.

Ok, I contacted the Brand director and he apologized as he didn't know the complexity of Amazon policy...he filed complaint due to their fox toy listed under Play Doh brand. That's a legitimate complaint. And he said he emailed Amazon to retract the claim, but Amazon wants the retraction be sent to the specific dispute email address.

I emailed him again last night and still haven't heard from him (he's Australia time). Amazon specifically wants owner's retracrion, invoices for these items, plan of action and what o change so I don't infringe on property rights.

I am very worried now as I don't have the invoice...I heard they don't take retail receipts. If these toys don't come with warranty would I have a better chance with the receipts? I don't know if they come with warranty or not...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-24-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Intellectual property infringement complaint...I am very scared now

I opened up one of them products and it doesn't come with warranty. Their website also doesn't mention anything regarding warranty.

Will this fact regarding the warranty be in my advantage when writing the appeal to Amazon?
Old 11-24-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,903 Times in 8,196 Posts
Activity: 97%
Longevity: 83%

Why are you not getting legal help for this?
Old 11-24-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Why are you not getting legal help for this?
What legal help?
Old 11-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I do not think the warranty is relevant either way, I guess you mean if you were not able to register yourself under the warranty, does it mean amazon would accept you cannot have proof of ownership, but it is not what they are asking for in any case...

Have you got the emails from the Company that you can submit for now, that promise the retraction? Giving the details of who you spoke to, may halt az so that they wait for the retraction...

btw retractions or useful help may not come from the company, after all what is in it for them? You are relying on their goodwill .....

if you really want to hold an invoice, buy one real quick from a retailer, and amend the date.....but you have said tha az wants contact from the company in a specific way, so I suppose you need to hassle the company for that and fingers crossed....

once you are flagged, regardless of proofs, things do not always go well with az, so do not leave much cash in balance

if you did arbitrage, you must have some sort of proof of source? or is it from ebay??

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-26-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-26-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 69%

How much time did you give Amazon to process the IP retract from right owner? I had one a month ago and it took a day. Right now they could be swamped and take a few days. I would guess this time of year all the companies are filing IP so ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dont show up. Did you allow a few a days and send a follow up email to right owner? I would give extra days just incase, you dont want to annoy someone that has the power to help, but that is just me.
Old 11-27-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
How much time did you give Amazon to process the IP retract from right owner? I had one a month ago and it took a day. Right now they could be swamped and take a few days. I would guess this time of year all the companies are filing IP so ⊗⊗⊗⊗ dont show up. Did you allow a few a days and send a follow up email to right owner? I would give extra days just incase, you dont want to annoy someone that has the power to help, but that is just me.
At the moment retract complaint taking around 15min to 6 hours