Virtual Machine - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-07-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Virtual Machine

Hi,

I just bought the ghost book and setup a virtual machine. I now have the virtual machine setup with windows 7. The guide mentioned I could use this with multiple accounts. To my dismay when I logged into the virtual machine, the IP address was the same as my regular IP. I was expecting a different IP.

So, other than cookies, browser finger printing and flash cookies being clean.... what do I need to do next? Do I need to get something like a USB adapter for a new IP address or can I setup an account anyway because IP alone is not enough to link me?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Brew
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Virtual Machine

Why would you expect a different IP address if the virtual machine is running on your main PC...? IPs dont just magically appear.
What you need to do is get a solid IP solution. All a USB adapter does is get the signal from your main router - and the service provider sending the signal to this router has a specific IP address assigned to you.
And no you CANNOT use the same IP - that alone WILL most definitely link you.
read up on IP solutions in the guide. IN some cases you can change the MAC address on your router (NOT your PC) and reboot to get a new IP address.
Another option would be a flashed MiFi device which is a very cost effective solution to running multiple accounts.
Old 01-07-2018

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew7676 View Post
Hi,

I just bought the ghost book and setup a virtual machine. I now have the virtual machine setup with windows 7. The guide mentioned I could use this with multiple accounts. To my dismay when I logged into the virtual machine, the IP address was the same as my regular IP. I was expecting a different IP.

So, other than cookies, browser finger printing and flash cookies being clean.... what do I need to do next? Do I need to get something like a USB adapter for a new IP address or can I setup an account anyway because IP alone is not enough to link me?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Brew
FYI windows 7 didn't work for me last year , i don't know if you can use it now,let us know if your virtual machine windows 7 works, i have installed XP on my machines .

buy "VPN Services" for different IP on here or google it.
Old 01-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Why would you expect a different IP address if the virtual machine is running on your main PC...? IPs dont just magically appear.
What you need to do is get a solid IP solution. All a USB adapter does is get the signal from your main router - and the service provider sending the signal to this router has a specific IP address assigned to you.
And no you CANNOT use the same IP - that alone WILL most definitely link you.
read up on IP solutions in the guide. IN some cases you can change the MAC address on your router (NOT your PC) and reboot to get a new IP address.
Another option would be a flashed MiFi device which is a very cost effective solution to running multiple accounts.
The Mac address cannot be changed on a verizon router. I am not worried about the MAC address, I know that Amazon cannot see that. I added an account a few years back after one was suspended and I did not have a problem after I changed my IP addresss. However. now I cannot change my ip address, so I will need to either get a new router of use my cell phone. Can't believe I wasted money on this book.
Old 01-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoHead View Post
FYI windows 7 didn't work for me last year , i don't know if you can use it now,let us know if your virtual machine windows 7 works, i have installed XP on my machines .

buy "VPN Services" for different IP on here or google it.
Yes, i was able to put windows 7 on a virutal machines. I just need to figure out an IP solution.
Old 01-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Guys, it works with windows 7. The MAC Address can not be read by AMZ or Ebay or any other website (except it has Java applets (NOT Java Script) or active x applets, wicht you would recognize because you'd get a browser warning). The Amazon Ghost book is wrong here. There is absolutely NO need to change the MAC.

The VM is not meant to change the IP address. To change the IP address you need a VPN.

For each account you have to set up a new VM and connect it to a VPN (with dedicated Fresh IP) - like the ones you can buy at IP burger or 24vc and other websites.

If you are in the US and plan only to set up one account you can as well restart your router and should get a new IP after the restart. For more than one account to keep things in order I'd use a VPN.

Read the Stealth Book again and make sure you understand the technical stuff in there. Also the tools and Software section here is a good read, regarding how to correctly set up the VM.

Last edited by dachilla; 01-08-2018 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the comment. Is this correct
1. Get Virtual machine
2. Install software on the Virtual Machine
3. get a VPN for an IP
4. Setup the account?
Old 01-08-2018

Longevity: 65%

That is correct. The VPN will be setup on the actual virtual machine

The virtual machine will be connected to your host connection

Each new amazon account you need, create a new virtual machine and setup a new VPN connection on that new virtual machine
The Following User Says Thank You to elmo For This Useful Post:
brew7676 (01-08-2018)