Virtual machine - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Virtual machine

So looking to migrate to virtual machines. So if let say you have 7 accounts going and a buyer wants to check their order status then I don't have to log into a windows seller account and then go to ebay and get the persons information right. I'm able to open 7 windows (virtual machines) and just go to the one that has buyer message and go accordingly. Then a different buyer from different account I'm able to switch windows etc.. All in one place with all different IPS (No need to purchase dynamic ip address?)

If that is the case, seems like this is best way to go. Setup might be little tricky but thinking long haul, shouldn't matter.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Virtual machine

Or, if not needing dynamic ip address purchase. Tethering will bring each virtual machine opened a new address but still check on ip burger?
Old 11-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

You're right about basically everything you've said.

Go ahead with your plan. You'll never regret it.
Old 11-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You're right about basically everything you've said.

Go ahead with your plan. You'll never regret it.

Which virtual machine do you recommend? I'm glad to have one login and see multiple windows with different accounts and ip address.

Would you say when this is happening the key really is ip address as multiple accounts one screen seems obviously nice but just the linkage can be devasting. So with virtual machine is their high risk like that if user does something forgetable such as.... fill in the blank here
Old 11-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

If you do things properly there's zero risk of linkage. None of my accounts in 4+ years have ever been linked.

Personally I recommend a stripped down version of Windows XP (they're out there - get creative) installed on VMWare . Some people use Linux but I prefer Windows because I know any software I ever need to install on my VM will be compatible with Windows. Once I have an instance of Windows installed on my VM the next step is installing Softether Client and configuring my VPN connection. You can use Windows VPN Client but I've found Softether to be more reliable. After that, I put a copy of Firefox portable on the VM's desktop along with a text document with all the stealth account info for that VM.

When I go to work on an account for the day I boot up it's VM, connect to it's VPN via Softether, open the portable Firefox, and go to eB/PP.

I only keep 3 or 4 VM's running at a time because my laptop isn't the best and there's really no reason to have more than that running, at least for me. I only work on one account at a time. I keep a few turned on at once like that so I don't have to wait for Windows to load each time I finish on an account.

You need to understand how VM's work to understand how little linking risk there is. Each VM is it's own virtual computer inside your computer. Since each VM is technically it's own computer there's zero sharing of cookies or browser data. Only way you could be linked is if you did something dumb like using the same registration information on two different accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-04-2017)
Old 11-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Yeah i kind of figured that. Virtual machine being inside a computer. Hmm maybe they will have virtual machine up then another virtual machine inside? lol

Would like to go the xp route but older pcs are very slow and I recently got a low cost hp tablet pc just for buying items on buyer stealth accounts and it was quite slow i just paid extra 1k to get it much faster one and know it will pay off.

So having windows 10, vmware still good to go? Im sure this power pc i got will be able to have like 8+ screens so i cant work all in one screen.

But having VPN will slow things down though right? But some VPN do have pretty fast servers so if you have recomended one (pay or not doesn't matter) Ill go that route.

4+ years , nice!
Old 11-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

At this point, I would not recommend XP as it's just far too old and has stopped receiving updates years ago. Windows 7 is a good candidate if you want something modern and low in resource use
The Following User Says Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-03-2017)
Old 11-03-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Ah, I recall the good old days of XP.

Old 11-03-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Ah, I recall the good old days of XP.

XP was the best, then vista made it worse. All these changes are hit or miss with corporations. But then as time goes by it does get better. So can't complain
Old 11-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

I use XP because like I said, my laptop is old, and it's the least resource intensive OS I like to use. I don't like the Windows 7 interface in general. Aside from my dislike, it's much more graphical than XP so it uses way more system resources - therefore making things much more "laggy" when you try to run multiple VM's at once. I remember when Windows 7 was new Microsoft recommended having at least 2Gigs of RAM. I allocate 1Gig or RAM to each of my XP VM's and they all run seamlessly. I'm not really concerned about any of my VM's getting a virus so XP is ideal for me.

That's my preference but the choice is yours. Windows 7 will accomplish the same goal - it will just use more of your system's resources in the process.

Going back to your VPN question, you shouldn't notice any difference in connection speed. I don't, at least. We only have a 10 Mb/s internet connection and from what I've noticed, all of my 24vc VPN's are at least that fast. I've never noticed any significant bottleneck's caused by VPN performance.

What you said about running a VM inside a VM - it's totally possible but I don't really see the point, lol.
Old 11-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I use XP Tiny, Regular XP, Vista, Win 7 Tiny, Regular Win 7, Zorin Linux, Antergos Linux, Ubuntu...and so on.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (11-04-2017)
Old 11-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I use XP Tiny, Regular XP, Vista, Win 7 Tiny, Regular Win 7, Zorin Linux, Antergos Linux, Ubuntu...and so on.

zorin sounds like some kind of space alien name. Anyways, you are using all this now or was this used too... Linux , zorin, ubuntu seems quite complicated to use. Or was it many years ago when it was non GUI .. maybe it's easier now? Not sure if it has any more benefits of stealth but how come you are using so many os's. just testing which ones best ?
Old 11-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
zorin sounds like some kind of space alien name. Anyways, you are using all this now or was this used too... Linux , zorin, ubuntu seems quite complicated to use. Or was it many years ago when it was non GUI .. maybe it's easier now? Not sure if it has any more benefits of stealth but how come you are using so many os's. just testing which ones best ?
Some who use VM's to manage their accounts prefer to mix up it in regards to host OS's. This is done in an effort to make each account even more unique - since many web tracking techniques tell a website what OS/browser you use.

In my experience it's an unnecessary step on eBay but it most likely helps with Amazon accounts since they're so much more stringent with verification/linking.

Using any flavor of Windows or Linux or OSX is perfectly fine. It's just a matter of preference.

BTW - Non GUI (command line) versions of Linux are 100x harder to operate than GUI-friendly interfaces such as Ubuntu. Just putting that out there lol.
Old 11-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Some who use VM's to manage their accounts prefer to mix up it in regards to host OS's. This is done in an effort to make each account even more unique - since many web tracking techniques tell a website what OS/browser you use.

In my experience it's an unnecessary step on eBay but it most likely helps with Amazon accounts since they're so much more stringent with verification/linking.

Using any flavor of Windows or Linux or OSX is perfectly fine. It's just a matter of preference.

BTW - Non GUI (command line) versions of Linux are 100x harder to operate than GUI-friendly interfaces such as Ubuntu. Just putting that out there lol.
What is your current setup? I like to mirror that as I realized your the authorize guy too so the .00054 percenters connect lol.

I'll be using Windows 10 on very powerful Dell laptop. And using tethering via my phone.
I'm guessing I need a vps still or will phone tethering yield new IP for each vm (and I just check IPBurger?

What would monthly cost be for your setup and is many on here go about free methods (if yes I'll do some searching!)

Let's hope for best for authorize
Old 11-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What is your current setup? I like to mirror that as I realized your the authorize guy too so the .00054 percenters connect lol.
My laptop is a 2010-era Toshiba with Windows 7, upgraded to 16G RAM and an SSD. Account management environment is VMWare + about 25 Windows XP VM's + 13 24vc VPN's. The one eBay which accepts merchant account payments is run directly from my desktop without a VPN. That's my oldest account.

Quote:
I'll be using Windows 10 on very powerful Dell laptop. And using tethering via my phone.
I'm guessing I need a vps still or will phone tethering yield new IP for each vm (and I just check IPBurger?
Tethering will work fine as long as you can log your IP's and make sure you aren't using the same for multiple accounts. I prefer VPN's since the IP is static and dedicated. Using VM's + VPN's I know there will never be ANY discrepancies in my login info, because IP is always exactly the same and all my cookies/browser data are properly stored and isolated.

Quote:
What would monthly cost be for your setup and is many on here go about free methods (if yes I'll do some searching!)
Really, the only month-to-month expense is my VPN subscriptions. I save on those by having a lot of them (bulk discount) and paying for them all at the annual rate. I think they break down to like $8/month.
Old 11-06-2017

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
I prefer VPN's since the IP is static and dedicated. Using VM's + VPN's I know there will never be ANY discrepancies in my login info, because IP is always exactly the same and all my cookies/browser data are properly stored and isolated.
What are you doing for a killswitch, in case the VPN connection drops? I installed the program that closes the browser if the connection drops, but I think I also want to make the browser ONLY BE ABLE to connect through that IP.

Call me paranoid... I don't care!
Old 11-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
What are you doing for a killswitch, in case the VPN connection drops? I installed the program that closes the browser if the connection drops, but I think I also want to make the browser ONLY BE ABLE to connect through that IP.

Call me paranoid... I don't care!
Frankly it's never been enough of an issue for me to be worried about it. I don't use any killswitch.

I switched to Softether Client after about a year of using Windows to connect to VPN's. I like Softether over Windows because you immediately get a popup window telling you that you're VPN is trying to reconnect if it ever drops out. With Windows the connection just drops without telling you.

I've always been comfortable enough with Softether's popup/reconnect feature to not worry about finding killswitch software or configuring a firewall to block non-VPN traffic.
Old 11-06-2017

Quote:
I like Softether over Windows because you immediately get a popup window telling you that you're VPN is trying to reconnect if it ever drops out. With Windows the connection just drops without telling you.

So what IP is the website seeing while your VPN is disconnected?
Old 11-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
So what IP is the website seeing while your VPN is disconnected?
They don't see any IP if/when my VPN ever drops, because I never load any pages when my VPN is trying to reconnect.

If a VPN ever drops and reconnects I always go back to my home page, which is a google search for "show my ip". That way I can be sure I'm on the proper IP before sending/receiving traffic to/from eB/PP.
Old 11-06-2017

So, the instant a VPN drops and you're on ebays site, the website doesn't see your true IP address? And you have time to manually go to your home page until it reconnects?
Old 11-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

They can't see your IP all the time without installing some kind of spyware on your machine. They see your IP address whenever you send/receive packets to/from their servers (e.g. when you load a page). Every packet on the internet has a receiving IP and destination IP as part of the header. Those packet headers are what allow websites to track what IP an account usually logs in from, and they also help trigger security measures when someone logs in from the wrong IP.

So yes, there's plenty of time to check my IP when a VPN reconnects. eBay doesn't see my IP again until I load one of their pages again.

tl;dr - no packets = no IP tracking.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 11-06-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2017

If the VPN disconnected while a page was loading, they'd see the real one then, right? Since packets are being transferred.