TMI!! IP solution needed. This is my First Post Ever - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > IP Address

IP Address Changing your IP address, multiple IPs, VPNs, hiding your IP, phone tethering, MiFi devices, hotspots and more.

Old 11-20-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default TMI!! IP solution needed. This is my First Post Ever

Hey ya'll - How to make this short but relevant? The day I learned about linked accounts was the day my business account was restricted and then simultaneously my personal and son's personal account also restricted due to linkage. Meanwhile, my husband has his own successful personal account (which I also manage) and it somehow was not restricted (we were all on same IP and using same mailing addresses).

I am scrambling for solutions to continue my activity in a new Ebay account while still maintaining his original active account and not put it at risk of linking. We are under the same roof and using the same modem. I'm learning about IP and VM and VS and VPS and VPN, but not sure what is applicable to me.

I want to avoid switching the modem on and off every time i log in - because i can't control when other parties in the house might access the popular primary hubby ebay account.

Somewhere I read about attaching a second modem to my original modem and using that as a second network which I could dedicate to the new ebay account. Thought that was the answer until I kept reading and now I am bogged down with so much information.

Maybe a virtual machine is right for me, but I want to run my account on three computers (I have helpers generate listings for me).

Auctiva might be good for listings, but then what about fulfilling sales and communications in Ebay?

I don't need to open multiple accounts - just one new account. I do want to avoid linking to hubby's account at all costs. I have new name, phone, email, mail address, etc. for the new ebay & paypal setup but haven't figured out this crucial connection/login piece yet.

Your advice is MUCH appreciated! I ventured to ask a techie about VPN for IP issues and he was confused about my ebay problem. Rather than educate him about eBay Stealth, I thought I would venture my first post and cry out for some help.

Certainly there are details I've left out which may be crucial to get an appropriate answer. I just know this is too long already!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: TMI!! IP solution needed. This is my First Post Ever

grab a hotspot
Old 11-20-2017
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Eh, get a VPN and follow eBay Stealth and you'll be set.

With a VPN you can switch to a Dedicated IP just for your account without having to mess with a hotspot or changing your local IP address. It's super easy to use too.

https://secure.ipburger.com/
Old 11-21-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Eh, get a VPN and follow eBay Stealth and you'll be set.

With a VPN you can switch to a Dedicated IP just for your account without having to mess with a hotspot or changing your local IP address. It's super easy to use too.

https://secure.ipburger.com/
I have several computers logging into the new ebay account. Will one VPN subscription work for all or do I need a unique subscription for each computer?
Old 11-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbequipment View Post
I have several computers logging into the new ebay account. Will one VPN subscription work for all or do I need a unique subscription for each computer?
You need 1 VPN account per Ebay Account.
Old 11-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
No, each must be separate.

Have you used VPNs before?

Old 11-21-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I have not used VPN before. All new to me. I can follow instructions, but it helps to understand what is happening behind the scenes enough to be able to do minor trouble shooting and/or avoid pitfalls due to ignorance.

Can more than one computer hook up to a single VPN without conflict? I only need 1 ebay account to have VPN.
Old 11-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I have not used VPN before. All new to me. I can follow instructions, but it helps to understand what is happening behind the scenes enough to be able to do minor trouble shooting and/or avoid pitfalls due to ignorance.

Can more than one computer hook up to a single VPN without conflict? I only need 1 ebay account to have VPN.
One VPN per account... If you only need one account then only need VPN. 2 accounts = 2 VPN and so on.