Successful accounts with your real name - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-16-2018

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 40%
Default Successful accounts with your real name

Im looking to close my main seller account shortly, it netted $150k+ this year. The reasoning I do not wish to share on a public forum.

My question: Has anyone been able to successfully open a new stealth account with all new details expect using your real name and selling this same products (with a mix of random ASINs to obfuscate linkage)?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Successful accounts with your real name

Congrats on the net gain
Old 09-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 33%

So you are talking about closing your real shop with real details, only to re-open it again with the same details?
Old 09-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
Im looking to close my main seller account shortly, it netted $150k+ this year. The reasoning I do not wish to share on a public forum.

My question: Has anyone been able to successfully open a new stealth account with all new details expect using your real name and selling this same products (with a mix of random ASINs to obfuscate linkage)?
Yes it works atleast in UK
As long as dob address are differrent this not cause issue for safe side avoid sellinh same items
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
So you are talking about closing your real shop with real details, only to re-open it again with the same details?
No its a stealth account im closing.
Old 09-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
No its a stealth account im closing.
Should be ok but it may not pass verifiaction again so be carefull
Old 09-17-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

I'd be cautious and use a different name albeit.

But since it's a brand new account and they do ask for ID from the start now usually, I think it's worth a try and see if you can make one successfully without it getting linked to the old account.
Old 09-17-2018
Threadstarter  

I want an account under my own name to relieve stress. I want to pass ID, Invoice or verifications legitibley. This is especially true for product invoices with Amazon contacting suppliers. I also want my bank payments under my real name. I also have further concerns regarding Amazon income / sales tax collection information being reported which extends further than just the name.

I don't want to debate my reasoning, I just want to see the feasible outcome of it.
Old 09-17-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Right, I think at this point, just go for it and hope it works ok.

It's not like they are going to link everyone whose name is the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%

I wouldnt close the account until you get another successful account first.The verification's are B***** now a days.
Old 09-18-2018

Longevity: 32%

I am wondering exactly the same thing....except in my case I already have an Amazon. I need to file Articles of Organization with my state so I can get a sales Tax ID and I am wondering how deep Amazon searches. Because if I registered my business in my state then the managing member will be on the public record. (Yes I know there are 4 states that keep this private...I didn't find that out until AFTER I already had a successful Amazon up and running...)

It seems it would be pretty insane of Amazon to link accounts by digging into the secretary of state and finding out the same name is used on multiple businesses, as everything else is separate.....business name/address/phone etc. etc. . Did my due diligence there...just paranoid about filing the articles of organization and having my name on the public record in my state for multiple companies with Amazon accounts. 1 of which is stealth and the other they know about....
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerduck For This Useful Post:
Canadianleaf (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrogers4 View Post
I wouldnt close the account until you get another successful account first.The verification's are B***** now a days.
This is good advice!
Old 09-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Agree open the account first once its stable then close it
Old 09-19-2018

Longevity: 61%

Assuming your real name was not used on your stealth account, you still run risks:

Linking accounts since you will be selling similar asins

Addresses being refused possibly?

Definitely do not close your account until the new one has been aged without limits
Old 09-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 34%
Longevity: 94%

All new accounts will always have limits on now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agray34 View Post
Assuming your real name was not used on your stealth account, you still run risks:

Definitely do not close your account until the new one has been aged without limits
Old 09-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agray34 View Post

I wouldn't use same address.

Im wanting to close to relieve myself from the stealth address I am using and limit any possible Amazon reporting to the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) for sales tax collected.
Old 09-19-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Even if you close an account down, its not technically closed. Amazon still hold records of the accounts. You just cannot login to it again.

It seems you just want to open an account in your own details. Closing the old account wont do you any favours. So just go ahead and open a new account and begin using that.
Old 09-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Even if you close an account down, its not technically closed. Amazon still hold records of the accounts. You just cannot login to it again.

It seems you just want to open an account in your own details. Closing the old account wont do you any favours. So just go ahead and open a new account and begin using that.
I've realized this situation that closing still holds the records. Because of this ive considered altering the account details such as address, tax/sales tax collection information, etc to more "acceptable" information which would help me sleep better before I stop using this account.

I understand it would ultimately result in the account being suspended and requiring ID verification but as I wont be using the account anymore I will simply ignore and move on to my new account.
Old 09-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Why not just leave the shop as is, and create another stealth shop?

Stealth shops can be run just as solid as real accounts with the proper setup

maybe not 100% as solid as your own personal account, but you can create as many as you need if necessary
Old 09-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
Why not just leave the shop as is, and create another stealth shop?

Stealth shops can be run just as solid as real accounts with the proper setup

maybe not 100% as solid as your own personal account, but you can create as many as you need if necessary
Because like i've said, information related to tax can be relayed to tax collection agencies (Canada Revenue Agency), be deemed delinquent and investigated and/or sent to collections. Further, Amazon may be on the line for the owed tax to the CRA and attempt to collect from the account and/or sell the debt to collection agencies which will attempt to pursue the stealth account details which can snowball in to more people getting involved (think about how stealth accounts are made)

The tax can be for income tax but is mostly regarding Canada SALES tax collection (GST/HST). This is the GOVERNMENTS money and if they audit Amazon seller accounts seeing accounts collecting and not remitting they will PURSUE them.

Other platforms such as Ebay have been audited where seller information was given to the CRA and sellers pursued

Last edited by Canadianleaf; 09-20-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 41%

If you don't watch yourself you will not have no account.. I wouldn't close the account...I would try to open another account and operate both at same time. If it bother you that much I would slowly stop using the first account until the new account take over...As far as taxes... Canada or USA Don't give a **** what name it's in as long as they get there money. All you got to do is say that name is your Amazon name that you sell by. Trust me all they want is their tax money. If the name on your Amazon account is Tee Peer...Just pay the taxes and list that source of income as yours and pay tax...I would open a LLC Under name (Example Tee Peer LLC) So when it's time to pay taxes include the income form Amazon give you and file taxes...Easy.... To me, you worried for nothing
Old 09-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekay View Post
If you don't watch yourself you will not have no account.. I wouldn't close the account...I would try to open another account and operate both at same time. If it bother you that much I would slowly stop using the first account until the new account take over...As far as taxes... Canada or USA Don't give a **** what name it's in as long as they get there money. All you got to do is say that name is your Amazon name that you sell by. Trust me all they want is their tax money. If the name on your Amazon account is Tee Peer...Just pay the taxes and list that source of income as yours and pay tax...I would open a LLC Under name (Example Tee Peer LLC) So when it's time to pay taxes include the income form Amazon give you and file taxes...Easy.... To me, you worried for nothing
I apprecaite the response but one of the biggest concerns for me is the sales tax collection portion (GST/HST) and and any mail going to the stealth address.