Amazon UK "Your UK VAT number is missing." - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-05-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Unhappy Amazon UK "Your UK VAT number is missing."

Is this new for amazon UK? This is my 1st login for the last 10 days and now at the right corner there is the following message:

Quote:
Your UK VAT number is missing.
We noticed that you have not filled your UK VAT number in your account settings. Missing VAT numbers can now lead to potential interruptions of your business. If you haven’t done so already, please add your UK VAT number as soon as possible. Please make sure that you enter a VAT number that belongs to your business.

We strongly recommend that you consult with your tax adviser for tax related questions and tax guidance.

Action Plan
Quote:
VAT/GST Registration Numbers
Provide all the VAT and GST registration numbers associated with your business, including those associated with your ship-from locations, places of business and distance selling obligations. In addition, please also indicate the VAT/GST registration number associated with your primary place of business. This number will be used to determine the VAT/GST to be applied on your seller fees.
You have not added any VAT/GST registration numbers.
Learn more about VAT
I'm from Bulgaria and a few months ago, amazon requested a tons of docs about my firm. At the end my seller account was confirmed and unlocked.
If I follow the Learn more about VAT link, there is one thing that bother me:

If you sell goods in any EU country, it’s likely you may be required to register for Value Added Tax (VAT) in each country you sell in.

At the moment I'm selling only in UK. Does it mean that I must go to UK and make VAT registration?

P.S. Ofcourse "Do you need to register for VAT?" test link do not work.

Last edited by mrowcp; 12-05-2018 at 02:40 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2018
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Re: Amazon UK "Your UK VAT number is missing."

Ah... I find the answer...
Due to hold stocks in UK (FBA) I must make VAT registration there and any another country where Amazon store my stocks.

Is there a way to make a remote VAT registration? Any local company that can do this for me or I have to travel to the UK for that?