Taking Amazon to Arbitration - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Re: Taking Amazon to Arbitration

Quote:
Originally Posted by jainy25 View Post
It's not a suspension. It's a selective restriction on most of the good products. Well, you could say a virtual ban, given that this hits almost 75% of our business. I see 650 listings (active + inactive) in our inventory gated right now. And inability to list at least 7 out of 10 decently good books (BSR < 1,000,000).

They have been pretty hard on us, and I think booksellers in general since last year. We did have to deal with them once in June 2018, when they put a hold on our account for some 'Used Sold as New' complaints. We filed a clear appeal against all the 10 ASINs they mentioned in their notice, and the account was back and running in completely good health.

Then, there was that incident about Seller Vetting for booksellers that I mentioned above. Again, that seems resolved as acknowledged by Seller Support.

Barring that, there were two copyright infringement complaints in last 3 months. The publishers wiped off all sellers, including Amazon from the listing at once because of widespread counterfeit copies being circulated in the market. Both resolved in our favor as we submitted the proof of purchases from our distributors.

There is nothing more other than these that I could recall. There are occasional 'used sold like new' product condition customer complaints, that given our high volume is expected because that's how Amazon's bots run. But listings don't get taken down for that. Just a mark in Account Health's Policy Violation section. We appeal each time and get acknowledged by Seller Performance team for complying with their policies.

But I can assure you it is not a legitimate reason for restriction. We are selling about 250 orders/day. Have like 1 such complaint each month. Even if I were to count it in my ODR, it would still be 0.01%.

I have written on AMZ's seller forums too. They are all as clueless as me. Some sellers did get similar notice from Amazon as us on those 'Certain Popular Products' in Books Category being gated. In their case, they don't have any authorized sourcing proof, as most of them are used books sellers.

But we don't do that! All our inventory is at FBA warehouses, and all of them are in New condition. Which is why I find this denial/ignorance on part of Amazon very frustrating.
Holy crap! Amazon F***ed you. Seriously. It sounds like you did everything right :great feedback/metrics, sent products to FBA, etc.

I would contact an attorney and possibly take them to arbitration.

Also, I feel really bad for you. PM me and I can refer to someone who might be able to help you resolve this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-23-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippie View Post
Holy crap! Amazon F***ed you. Seriously. It sounds like you did everything right :great feedback/metrics, sent products to FBA, etc.

I would contact an attorney and possibly take them to arbitration.

Also, I feel really bad for you. PM me and I can refer to someone who might be able to help you resolve this.
Hey man!

Thanks for replying to my post and your kind concern.

I really appreciate you coming forward with the attorney reference! Since I have less than 25 posts, I am unable to send a PM yet. So could you rather shoot me a message?

Thanks in Advance!
J
Old 07-26-2019

So far we have 550+ stranded inventory listings. This makes up for about 50% of our inventory. Plus the blocked opportunities to list and replenish of course.

It seems like Amazon has specifically been going after us this month to ruin the upcoming academic sales season.

Written twice to Seller Performance, no response. Speaking to an attorney today. I am totally flabbergasted!
Old 09-15-2019

Longevity: 26%

Hello jainy25,

Any update to your amazon seller account and did you go for arbitration...i am in the same boat....

attorney says arbitration is the only option left to speak to someone in amazon...
Old 09-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookshop123 View Post
Hello jainy25,

Any update to your amazon seller account and did you go for arbitration...i am in the same boat....

attorney says arbitration is the only option left to speak to someone in amazon...
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master ghost
Old 09-16-2019

Quote:
Hello jainy25,

We are working with an organization that helps sellers appeal with Amazon, at the moment. Some opinions state that arbitration might not be helpful at all. Besides, it doesn't work like dragging them to legal proceedings immediately.

Have to try engaging Seller Performance at the first step.

How big was your volume, if I may ask? Were you selling NEW academic books only?
Old 09-16-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master ghost
I don't think it would be of much help in this scenario. Amazon has been going crazy strict on Media category over the last 2-3 years.

So even a new, stealth account doesn't guarantee that I will be able to sell those books right after the setup.
Old 09-16-2019

Longevity: 52%

Do NOT speak to an attorney!

You are going to spend $8-10k for absolutely no reason, and the lawyers will get you to do they heavy lifting anyway by writing down the specific points of your case.

ALL you need to do (if you are in the domestic US) is pay under $1k to the American Arbitration Association and file a lawsuit with them. Ask for expedited status.

You then have to send a letter, and then your case outline, to Amazon's "agent" of record, telling them you intend to file for arbitration.

Then simply fill out the forms, make your case, and you will be assigned an arbitration date and whatnot.

Do NOT pay a lawyer. If you can write and speak cogently, do the work yourself. There is NO need to engage a lawyer.

A lawyer, however, will tell you otherwise. Which is why Dante put them in his lowest rung of Hell...where they definitely should reside.

If you want further details, PM me.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabbiman For This Useful Post:
Zippie (09-23-2019)
Old 09-17-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabbiman View Post

You are going to spend $8-10k for absolutely no reason, and the lawyers will get you to do they heavy lifting anyway by writing down the specific points of your case.

ALL you need to do (if you are in the domestic US) is pay under $1k to the American Arbitration Association and file a lawsuit with them. Ask for expedited status.

You then have to send a letter, and then your case outline, to Amazon's "agent" of record, telling them you intend to file for arbitration.

Then simply fill out the forms, make your case, and you will be assigned an arbitration date and whatnot.

Do NOT pay a lawyer. If you can write and speak cogently, do the work yourself. There is NO need to engage a lawyer.

A lawyer, however, will tell you otherwise. Which is why Dante put them in his lowest rung of Hell...where they definitely should reside.

LOL someone had bad experience with a lawyer!! I pay lawyer and only reason i got $$$ back on 3 of my stelth accts
Old 09-19-2019

The only person in the history of humanity that would defend the "honor" of lawyers would be a lawyer.

...or a stupid person...

A lawyer is simply going to take your money to do what you yourself can do. You know your case. You know the details. A lawyer will make you write those details down, and they will argue your case. And you will pay them $10k to do it.

You feel good about handing over $24-$30k for 3 cases? fine by me.

Maybe you don't know how to speak or write English, or cannot argue for yourself. In that case, pay the money and get someone to do it for you.

But if you won any case, you could have done it for yourself. There is no specialized understanding of the law needed to argue an arbitration case. You simply are telling the arbitrator what happened.
Old 09-19-2019

Longevity: 36%

In arbitration, can't you ask that if you win the case, the defense covers lawyer fees?

Quote:
The only person in the history of humanity that would defend the "honor" of lawyers would be a lawyer.

...or a stupid person...

A lawyer is simply going to take your money to do what you yourself can do. You know your case. You know the details. A lawyer will make you write those details down, and they will argue your case. And you will pay them $10k to do it.

You feel good about handing over $24-$30k for 3 cases? fine by me.

Maybe you don't know how to speak or write English, or cannot argue for yourself. In that case, pay the money and get someone to do it for you.

But if you won any case, you could have done it for yourself. There is no specialized understanding of the law needed to argue an arbitration case. You simply are telling the arbitrator what happened.
Old 09-19-2019

Amazon will award lawyers fees only if your claim is for less than $10,000.00.

Which seems ridiculous to me.

Too...if you read the Amazon seller's agreement under "Disputes," it clearly states that you can ask for damages. And that even though it is an arbitrator, the arbitrator is subject to the same rules as if in a court of law.

I find it reprehensible that Amazon gets you to sign an agreement, then stipulates you cannot sue them. So...basically, they are arguing that because you signed this, you have no recourse. But I would love to argue that point in front of an arbitrator, because it seems to me that a company that treats people the way they are treating third party sellers needs to pay damages. And they need to pay a lot of damages for their callous and reckless disregard.

And I am thinking that an arbitrator would hear that.
Old 09-20-2019

May I ask..which company u r using....I tried one lawyer company in NY.....dont think they are worth it....

The issue is something different here.....amazon is going after sellers importing from India, Malaysia....

IP violation notice seems an excuse....

BTW I am completely deactivated....I assume you are still live but most items are gated...right...?

Quote:
We are working with an organization that helps sellers appeal with Amazon, at the moment. Some opinions state that arbitration might not be helpful at all. Besides, it doesn't work like dragging them to legal proceedings immediately.

Have to try engaging Seller Performance at the first step.

How big was your volume, if I may ask? Were you selling NEW academic books only?
Old 09-20-2019

Quote:
May I ask..which company u r using....I tried one lawyer company in NY.....dont think they are worth it....

The issue is something different here.....amazon is going after sellers importing from India, Malaysia....

IP violation notice seems an excuse....

BTW I am completely deactivated....I assume you are still live but most items are gated...right...?
I just PMed you.

Not really sure what's going on behind the scenes though
Old 09-20-2019

can you post your deactivation notice here....redact any private info.
Old 09-20-2019

I'm in the UK and started a Money Claim online for 15k. It cost me about £600 in fees and I filed all the paperwork myself.

Make sure you do a 'Letter Before Action' first. Then give them 28 days before filing MCOL. It got to 2 days before court date and I got an email from their lawyer and they paid the full amount plus my costs & interest. They tried to say that I had no contract with AMZ UK so would have to file in Luxembourg but I said we'll let a judge decide that. I'm a bit gutted they paid as I had obtained their bank account details and was going to put in a court order to freeze their bank account if I won by them not turning up.

I've not done it with any of my stealth accounts yet but would do with any real person. ON my stealth accounts I just refunded all my buyers (20k+) No way am I letting AMZ keep the money.
Old 09-23-2019

Yes....something foul is surely playing on .......many many booksellers.....specially those with some connection to ASIA are getting the boot

Quote:
I just PMed you.

Not really sure what's going on behind the scenes though
Old 09-29-2019

Quote:
Yes....something foul is surely playing on .......many many booksellers.....specially those with some connection to ASIA are getting the boot
I cannot PM ....because of some requirements of the site..

However....I guess amazon is flagging booksellers account for different reasons other than any violations.....Seller performance team will probably send ambiguous reasons for suspension....

Keep a watch on your FBA inventory....I suspect most of your inventory will be in reserved status now....

please share the deactivation notice if you can...
Old 09-30-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 69%

Quote:

bad advice..lawyers exist for a reason..I went to arbitration with paypal and without him..I wouldn't have received anything in return..yes it cost a lot of money..but you will have a better chance recovering any funds in arbitration with a lawyer than without one..you think amazon/paypal have chump lawyers..they're paid big bucks for a reason..and to be honest..I don't want to read 8923983298823 pages..i'm happy with my outcome
Old 09-30-2019

Quote:
I cannot PM ....because of some requirements of the site..

However....I guess amazon is flagging booksellers account for different reasons other than any violations.....Seller performance team will probably send ambiguous reasons for suspension....

Keep a watch on your FBA inventory....I suspect most of your inventory will be in reserved status now....

please share the deactivation notice if you can...

ok....is your FBA inventory in reserved status....if not then your issue is different from mine....
Old 09-30-2019

Quote:
ok....is your FBA inventory in reserved status....if not then your issue is different from mine....
It has become similar recently. I asked you specifically on PM to contact me on telegram for this purpose.

To everyone else, our problem has gone 100x worse this last week. Amazon is on a rampage committing one atrocity after another.
Old 04-07-2022

Longevity: 11%

hello, I have a couple of stealth accounts that i want to arbitrate on with amazon. I could use advice on experiences with arbitration . I have arbitrated years ago as well for destroyed FBA inventory but this situation is different as these suspensions are for suspected inauthentic goods or for withheld funds. is it worth going to arbitration to reinstate an Account?