Whats wrong with Amazon Buyer Accounts lately? No gift card orders anymore? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Whats wrong with Amazon Buyer Accounts lately? No gift card orders anymore?

Hello there

I was doing fine with amazon gift card as payment method for my orders. I was using amazon gift cards only. Recently i noticed all my orders are being hold for a long time and then usually the orders are getting cancelled.

I contacted amazon support and they mentioned that the orders are being manually reviewed for payment verification.

It happens yes but last few days i noticed its happening for almost all orders above 100 USD and also for 80% orders less than 100 USD.

Is it a new change? Or i am alone suffering from this issue.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-16-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Whats wrong with Amazon Buyer Accounts lately? No gift card orders anymore?

I noticed that they are clamping down on gift cards more and more since people are abusing them, using stolen ones, etc.

Are you trying to drop ship from amazon to your buyers on eBay?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (09-17-2019)
Old 09-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Whats wrong with Amazon Buyer Accounts lately? No gift card orders anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I noticed that they are clamping down on gift cards more and more since people are abusing them, using stolen ones, etc.

Are you trying to drop ship from amazon to your buyers on eBay?
I was trying to dropship YES.

But recently amazon with gift card balance is almost impossible to play with.

They are holding the order first... Support is saying its for payment verification... Then they cancel after a certain time.
Old 09-16-2019
Super Moderator

I think it's possible they detected your behaviour in dropshipping then they blocked it.

I don't dropship myself to avoid issues like this. But I'm sure others who are much more experienced can help.
Old 09-16-2019

Longevity: 77%

Where are you obtaining the gift cards? Are these stealth buying accounts?
Old 09-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbolplayer View Post
Where are you obtaining the gift cards? Are these stealth buying accounts?
Yes they are. I buy them from forums usually.
Old 09-17-2019

Gift cards could have been fraud related. Also many are finding stealth buyer accounts are causing orders to be cancelled and accounts closed. Was your account closed? I assume you used a VCC with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info?
Old 09-17-2019

Longevity: 30%
Exclamation Re: Whats wrong with Amazon Buyer Accounts lately? No gift card orders anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbolplayer View Post
Gift cards could have been fraud related. Also many are finding stealth buyer accounts are causing orders to be cancelled and accounts closed. Was your account closed? I assume you used a VCC with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info?
Your Assumptions/insinuations are all wrong, I have been dropshipping on amazon with GC alone for over 2yrs. The recent developments is as a result of amazon trying to clamp down on Gc resale and abuse of prime membership.

For the prime membership, Amazon discovered that a large percentage of orders shipped with prime are dropshipped, and offering two day/one day shipping is becoming expensive. They have decided to clamp down on the use of prime for dropshing and the resale of gc. So it has totally nothing to do with the source of the gc or whether its a stealth account.

Walk into a store yourself and purchase a gc with cash, open a brand new non-stealth account, apply the gc(over $100) and place a medium-high risk order, you can be rest assured that you'll be buying Jeff B. some free coffee. Over the past few weeks, I've noticed Amazon has constantly been tweaking the prime sign up process and their algorithms. On a prime account, orders marked as gifts are no longer eligible for two day/one day shipping.

It's the reality on ground. Successfully creating a stealth prime buyer account or even a seller account is no longer easy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitti For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (01-17-2020), Zippie (09-23-2019)
Old 09-17-2019

Can anyone elaborate here? Seems people are still doing retail arbitrage with Amazon Prime accounts..
Old 09-17-2019

You mention walking into a store and buying a gift card, what about e-gift cards bought online?
Old 09-17-2019
Threadstarter  

@Vitti That was nice explanation.

I was doing drop-shipping for a good time now. I can create a stealth buyer account and activate prime nicely almost as before. But when i place an order from a new account almost 70% of cases the order gets on hold for few days. When i contact support. They mention that the order is pending for payment verification. Which is a new term. Because few weeks ago when this cases would happen the support would always suggest me to re do the order and it will go fine. But now they mention that the order is on hold for payment verification.

Something is changed for sure.

Like for another case.. When u drop-ship a product, in some cases the product is delayed/lost. Previously amazon was refunding me with no ques. But now if the recipients address is warehouse address, amazon wont refund you. They will need a proof "warehouse statement that they did not get it".

I know there are still many in this business. But its just tough for me for now. Amazon prime account closure at the sign up is still tolerable but when u place an order of 100 or 150 and it gets closed. The whole money is gone and you are making a bigger loss. Amazon wont shut u up at the sign up. They will mark you and kill your account + order when u will place an order. Thats a new strategy.
Old 09-17-2019

Okay, you both keep mentioning stealth buyer accounts, what about legit buyer accounts?
Old 09-17-2019
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluszero View Post
Yes they are. I buy them from forums usually.

I want to bet that that's your problem right there.

Usually amazon cards bought from a private seller are fraudulent.
You just don't know how they obtained it.
Old 09-17-2019

People are running Amazon prime dropshipping businesses in the thousands, I am not hearing from my sources of any problems..
Old 09-17-2019
Super Moderator

it's the cards that are known to have many issues.... not the business model itself.
Albeit recently there's an article that either ebay -> AZ or AZ -> eBay is now not allowed.

I just don't remember which.
Old 09-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Its not the card. I insist. Because it is the same source i have been using for a good time now. I traded more than 100K in gift cards. I know gift card source can matter. I had cancellation everyday for that case. But what is happening now is not that case actually. Something is changed in amazon. If you were doing mass amazon drop-shipping u would feel it for sure.

I can confirm that there are big fishes in the business as well. But this is a new change we have to adopt or fail.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pluszero For This Useful Post:
keinz053 (12-16-2019)
Old 09-17-2019

The way I see it is worst case scenario, you will have to develop your business around not abusing prime. With real information on a non-prime account, there will be no limit to how many orders you can place. Furthermore, you will also be able to use tax exemption in a sustainable fashion.

I do not but this accounts are being closed with legit gift cards and legit credit cards (with your information) are added to the accounts. How do I know this? I keep in touch with a very large company that does millions of sales a year from Amazon. They say cancelled orders or closed accounts are exceedingly rare.
Old 09-17-2019

Unhappy Re: Whats wrong with Amazon Buyer Accounts lately? No gift card orders anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
it's the cards that are known to have many issues.... not the business model itself.
Albeit recently there's an article that either ebay -> AZ or AZ -> eBay is now not allowed.

I just don't remember which.
Lol, I'm telling you I have been into this for years, I've used all sort of Amazon cards, AQ, AS, E-code, etc. From all type of sources imaginable. 100s of thousands of dollars in gc. It has nothing to the with the card, I always know when my account goes down as a result of bad card.

@futbolplayer: This is a 'global' problem. Everyone doing Amazon dropshipping has been touched. Sure, it is still working, but the success rate has fallen sharply and risk rate skyrocketed. Not all those your 'sources' would open up to you. I know the game.

Last edited by vitti; 09-17-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluszero View Post

Like for another case.. When u drop-ship a product, in some cases the product is delayed/lost. Previously amazon was refunding me with no ques. But now if the recipients address is warehouse address, amazon wont refund you. They will need a proof "warehouse statement that they did not get it".

I know there are still many in this business. But its just tough for me for now. Amazon prime account closure at the sign up is still tolerable but when u place an order of 100 or 150 and it gets closed. The whole money is gone and you are making a bigger loss. Amazon wont shut u up at the sign up. They will mark you and kill your account + order when u will place an order. Thats a new strategy.
Hello bro, do you still signup for amazon prime successfully like before? What VCC, VPN/proxy, and billing address do you use? Your response is highly anticipated and appreciated.
Old 09-17-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

On a prime account, orders marked as gifts are no longer eligible for two day/one day shipping.
------------------------------
what if it is not marked as gift but not shipped to your address
Old 09-17-2019

I just placed an order with two day shipping with prime and gift receipt. No issues here..
Old 09-17-2019

Longevity: 26%

This is interesting, I have the same going on. I placed orders with gift cards, they are delayed and now manually reviewed for payment verification (customer support told me). I placed these orders with two of my legit 2-3 year old personal buyer accounts.. They have implemented this new thing a few days ago.

They told me it is being processed and will be completed in the next 1-2 business days.
I wonder if this will happen again after a 'payment verification.' I will post here again to let you know what happend.

At this point it feels more like gambling ordering with gift cards.

Last edited by forest1; 09-17-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Closed Thread