Amazon acc transfer from one person to another. How to do this properly? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-29-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default Amazon acc transfer from one person to another. How to do this properly?

Hello. I hope someone knows the answer on Aspkin.

My friend could sell me his account and it is 2 years old and verified, but he want the 1099 to go to me at the end of the year. I have 2 questions regarding this account.

1) How to edit tax information on that account? Is it safe? Should I use EIN or just other real person SSN and stuff?

2) Can I change address, phone number and name on the account down the road and if yes, when is the best time to do this?

Thank you guys for your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2019

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Amazon acc transfer from one person to another. How to do this properly?

What legal entity is the account currently?
Old 10-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Amazon acc transfer from one person to another. How to do this properly?

You can update both without issue as long as the info is new and not previously used

If you don't have history/cookies you may flag the shop for review, so its recommended to first build history/cookies before updating any account info
Old 10-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

its a big risk since you account wll go into verfication again and may fail anytime
Old 10-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Almost guaranteed to go into verification, and without prior approval most likely into suspension.

Amazons policy is that if ownership of a business is transferred then a new seller account is required as they generally do not allow account transfer.

Anyone who tells you it can be done without issue is incorrect.
totally agree rather then open new account then touvhing the old account 99% chances are you will loose account specially in this time of year
Old 10-30-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianleaf View Post
What legal entity is the account currently?
if the current owner said i DONT WANT TO RECEIVE A 1099K,then he must have registered with his name and SSN.
Old 10-31-2019
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys for all your answers.

OK, So I will just leave the address and name and other info as it was (my friend's info), but will switch SSN to EIN of my LLC. Will this work? The owner of the account will still be my friend, but tax responsibility is on me. If they ask for the verification I will be able to send my friends docs and bills for his address with no problem, but not be able to provide LLC verification docs. Do they ask for that kind of docs? Anyone knows anything regarding this? Thank you guys.
Old 10-31-2019
Threadstarter  

I need to change only Tax EIN, so amazon and IRS will not bother my friend regarding the income that I receive to my bank account. Technically, I don't want amazon to think that we transfer his account, we just want to pass tax interview again and change to my EIN. Along with EIN, there is an address and name I have to fill up. I can't use my address and my name since it is linked to suspended acc. Should I just write my friend's name and address there? Do they verify that info with IRS, or how does it work?
Old 12-05-2019

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grach View Post
I need to change only Tax EIN, so amazon and IRS will not bother my friend regarding the income that I receive to my bank account. Technically, I don't want amazon to think that we transfer his account, we just want to pass tax interview again and change to my EIN. Along with EIN, there is an address and name I have to fill up. I can't use my address and my name since it is linked to suspended acc. Should I just write my friend's name and address there? Do they verify that info with IRS, or how does it work?
Is there any update on your experience? Wondering if trying to gain ownership by redoing the tax interview with an EIN would work, or would it trigger a verification?