Purchased an amazon stealth account....but worried about taxes without updating LLC - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-05-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
Default Purchased an amazon stealth account....but worried about taxes without updating LLC

Hi everyone,

I've searched this topic and there seems to be conflicting (or just outdated) information.... I purchased an Amazon US stealth account because I already have another account under my name. I was advised to only update the bank account and credit card numbers, but not include my name/address and not to update the entity or address information to avoid linking the accounts.

The potential problem I see is at year end, won't Amazon send a 1099 to the IRS with the original entity information? (I will be selling well above the $20,000 limit for 1099s) Will there be problems paying income tax when my name is not on that entity (I am a US citizen)? And will this cause problems with Amazon in terms of a verification or suspension?

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2020

Activity: 16%
Default Re: Purchased an amazon stealth account....but worried about taxes without updating L

Form a NEW multi-member LLC and get an ein for it and then when ready, update Amazon account with that business info. File your taxes under your new LLC.
Old 08-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Purchased an amazon stealth account....but worried about taxes without updating L

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzprostl View Post
Form a NEW multi-member LLC and get an ein for it and then when ready, update Amazon account with that business info. File your taxes under your new LLC.
This is how you do it - add your own LLC to the shop
Old 08-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Thank you!

So I can't do a single member LLC, I would need a multi-member LLC and would have to find someone willing to be a member and use their ID but not mine? Is that the only way to do it? Could that other person be my wife?

Or if not my wife because we share an address, perhaps a parent who lives at a different address?

And does Amazon only require the ID of one member of a multi member LLC?
I thought I had heard they require ID from all members? Thank you again!

Last edited by chadm369; 08-06-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-06-2020

The other member of your LLC can be another LLC. So I've created a Holding LLC in New Mexico (best state for privacy). I am also creating a multi-member LLC (also in NM) with 2 members, myself and the holding company. Totally legit and as far as Amazon is concerned it's a Partnership LLC.
Old 08-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the advice bubbsvfr!

I'm still unclear on how this helps with Amazon's (apparently new-ish) requirement for the drivers license or passport of one of (or maybe all of?) the owners of an LLC?

Does having a multi-member LLC somehow get rid of the requirement for an ID? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thank you again
Old 09-01-2020

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadm369 View Post
Thanks for the advice bubbsvfr!

I'm still unclear on how this helps with Amazon's (apparently new-ish) requirement for the drivers license or passport of one of (or maybe all of?) the owners of an LLC?

Does having a multi-member LLC somehow get rid of the requirement for an ID? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thank you again
Bump because I’m curious as well. This is a major game changer if true ^