Does Amazon care about Google Voice? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-01-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Does Amazon care about Google Voice?

Just had a new ebay account banned because I used Google Voice so I'm paranoid. Started the sign up process for Amazon and used a Google Voice #. Already completed the step "Individual Information", gave them passport info, address, DOB, etc. Now I'm at the "Billing" step where they're asking for credit card.
When I click back, it doesn't let me change the phone number because I already verified it via SMS so should I make a new account or is that too risky at this stage and just bite the bullet and proceed to submit the application with my Google Voice #? Has anyone been banned for using Google Voice? It worked when I requested the verification code via Amazon.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Does Amazon care about Google Voice?

Yes VOIP is high risk avoid it
Old 07-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
Yes VOIP is high risk avoid it
$hit! Is there a way to edit the phone # before completing the application process? It doesn't let me edit the phone #, it has a red circle & x when I hover the cursor over the phone #. Close the account and make a new one using the same info (new ip, phone, email, machine of course)? It's real info so can't change it. I was hoping to make this an individual seller account, not a pro but it seems to be forcing me into doing pro since they're asking for a credit card to pay for selling $39.95 selling fees for some reason... Already gave them passport, name, address, dob, not sure if I gave them bank account yet, can't remember. Haven't given them credit card yet. This is the only family member I've been able to convince to help me with selling on Amazon so if this fails I'm SOL and may have to give up selling on Amazon which is more than half my sales.

Last edited by Gooogle; 07-03-2021 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-04-2021
Executive [VIP]

If you have not completed registration or submitted verification, your info is not "in" the system yet

Meaning, wipe your cookies/history/machine/change your IP and re-apply with your same information using either a prepaid or new mobile #. Start as an individual this time if that is what you plan on doing. If you google the following keywords, you should find the link to sign up as an individual, its usually below pro. Google: Amazon individual seller

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Beautiful For This Useful Post:
rsot (07-10-2021)
Old 07-11-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful View Post
If you have not completed registration or submitted verification, your info is not "in" the system yet

Meaning, wipe your cookies/history/machine/change your IP and re-apply with your same information using either a prepaid or new mobile #. Start as an individual this time if that is what you plan on doing. If you google the following keywords, you should find the link to sign up as an individual, its usually below pro. Google: Amazon individual seller

Good luck
Everything same but use brand new e-mail address right? Amazon won't be annoyed that there's 2 Amazon accounts in same name & address? Should I close the old Amazon account?
Old 07-11-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Well they'll link both accounts if it's the same name and address, regardless if the email is new.
Old 07-14-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Well they'll link both accounts if it's the same name and address, regardless if the email is new.
So do you think I should proceed with registering the account where I added a google voice # or make a new one with same address & name but new email, phone (real carrier #), machine?
Old 07-14-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooogle View Post
So do you think I should proceed with registering the account where I added a google voice # or make a new one with same address & name but new email, phone (real carrier #), machine?
SOrry, I'm confused... why would you use the same name and address?
Old 07-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
You can't use same email it will not allow
Old 07-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If you never completed the first registration you can re-use any of your same info except email. Once you pre-register the email is locked to the account

And avoid VOIP this time around
Old 07-27-2021

Longevity: 29%

Could always port the GV number out to a cheap wireless service and then continue the first registration.