Question regarding taking over my brothers account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-02-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
Default Question regarding taking over my brothers account

Hi All!

I started selling on amazon a while ago and eventually got my brother into it. Then I had financial troubles and had to file bankruptcy. I tried to get back into my amazon account (which should've had the amazon debt disbursed) but they wouldn't let me sign back in unless I gave them a new credit card to put on file. I don't trust them to not immediately charge me a bunch of money so I never did that and could never make any headway with them by emailing the jeff@amazon.com. I don't think it got suspended but I'm really not sure. I've not paid attention for awhile.

Now that I'm in a better financial situation, I'm ready to start selling again and my brother who quit doing amazon has agreed to let me use his account. I've set up an LLC and a business bank account using that. I have a completely new computer & phone and even live at a new place with a new internet connection (same ISP). I'm worried that the bank account still has my name attached since it is they obviously needed my name to set up the account (and I'm the registered agent for the LLC).

Do I need to add my brother to the bank account? Also when I go to change the tax info over to the LLC in amazon, should I be worried about that?

What other steps am I not thinking of? Do I need to get a proxy or a VPN? Do I need to get a new sim card for my new phone (I'm still using the same SIM that I used in my old account).

I've got loads of inventory ready to go since I've been already selling a bit on eBay, but I'm nervous to log in and start changing things without being for sure on what I need to do.

Thanks for your help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2021

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Question regarding taking over my brothers account

Amazon will expect you to 'repair' the account as it stands. They will not allow you to make any changes until you do. Even if and when it is reactivated, to then make wholesale changes to it will almost certainly result in another suspension and reverification.

Just to clarify, the account is in your brothers name, you're merely managing it, but planning on adding a bank account in your name. Have you and your brother discussed and clarified the tax implications?
Old 08-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master ghost

The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Blongbong (08-03-2021)
Old 08-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Amazon will expect you to 'repair' the account as it stands. They will not allow you to make any changes until you do. Even if and when it is reactivated, to then make wholesale changes to it will almost certainly result in another suspension and reverification.
I believe that my brother's account is in good standing. He might owe some storage fees but I believe everything else is good. It was my account that had problems. Do you think that changing the bank account and adding the EIN for an LLC will really trigger a suspension? Also not sure where you got "another" suspension from, but perhaps I wasn't very clear in my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Just to clarify, the account is in your brothers name, you're merely managing it, but planning on adding a bank account in your name. Have you and your brother discussed and clarified the tax implications?
No, the account is currently in my brothers name but he is giving it to me and I'm adding the EIN for the LLC that I started. This will shift the tax burden from him to me. I will be the owner of the account after this, or at least my LLC will be.
Old 08-03-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blongbong View Post
Hi All!

I started selling on amazon a while ago and eventually got my brother into it. Then I had financial troubles and had to file bankruptcy. I tried to get back into my amazon account (which should've had the amazon debt disbursed) but they wouldn't let me sign back in unless I gave them a new credit card to put on file. I don't trust them to not immediately charge me a bunch of money so I never did that and could never make any headway with them by emailing the jeff@amazon.com. I don't think it got suspended but I'm really not sure. I've not paid attention for awhile.

Now that I'm in a better financial situation, I'm ready to start selling again and my brother who quit doing amazon has agreed to let me use his account. I've set up an LLC and a business bank account using that. I have a completely new computer & phone and even live at a new place with a new internet connection (same ISP). I'm worried that the bank account still has my name attached since it is they obviously needed my name to set up the account (and I'm the registered agent for the LLC).

Do I need to add my brother to the bank account? Also when I go to change the tax info over to the LLC in amazon, should I be worried about that?

What other steps am I not thinking of? Do I need to get a proxy or a VPN? Do I need to get a new sim card for my new phone (I'm still using the same SIM that I used in my old account).

I've got loads of inventory ready to go since I've been already selling a bit on eBay, but I'm nervous to log in and start changing things without being for sure on what I need to do.

Thanks for your help!
1. If I were you , I'd repair your own account immediately since it's yours. It's worth saving.

2. get Amazon Ghost for step by steps

Start there.
Old 08-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
1. If I were you , I'd repair your own account immediately since it's yours. It's worth saving.

2. get Amazon Ghost for step by steps

Start there.
I actually came to a similar conclusion myself. I have started the process to see what I'd need to do and hopefully all I'll need to do is fork over some cash... well that's really the only thing I'd be capable of doing.

Thanks though!
Old 08-03-2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
I actually came to a similar conclusion myself. I have started the process to see what I'd need to do and hopefully all I'll need to do is fork over some cash... well that's really the only thing I'd be capable of doing.

Thanks though!
I don't think you'll need to fork any cash about your account.
It'll either work or it won't.

Amazon Ghost does charge $ but the amount they charge is nothing compared to the knowledge you'll get.
Old 08-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I don't think you'll need to fork any cash about your account.
It'll either work or it won't.

Amazon Ghost does charge $ but the amount they charge is nothing compared to the knowledge you'll get.

Well I more or less abandoned it a few years back so I'm quite certain they'll at least want storage fees
Old 08-03-2021
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well I more or less abandoned it a few years back so I'm quite certain they'll at least want storage fees
It's worth it... specially if the amazon acc is originally yours. Definitely worth it.
Old 08-04-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 33%

Find out how much money your shop is overdrawn

If its not crazy I would just recover your shop to make things easy

If its your legit account, give them a call.