Counterfeit complaint, whole brand is suspended, invoices not accepted - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-28-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Counterfeit complaint, whole brand is suspended, invoices not accepted

So this ghost account is about 3-4 years old, doing very well selling mostly retail arbitrage. (I know, horrible idea but profitable). All FBA none Seller fulfilled.

2,400 orders with 0 defects or problems for the last 365 days. Two ASINs get hit with a counterfeit complaint (pretty normal for well known brands, usually scammers). One product was ordered twice, one person returned it, complaining it was too large for them, item inspected by Amazon FBA and deemed "Sellable" put back in our inventory. Second person bought same item a month later, never returned it or complained but I assume he maybe sent a message to Amazon about it, who knows. We can't see which one of the two customers complained and what they said. Item got dinged with inauthentic somehow.

Another ASIN, sold 5 units, 2 got returned. One stated too large size, returned it. Another person complained "defective" and returned it, Amazon FBA inspected the item and deemed "Customer damaged" and is holding the unit.

We assume this second customer complained "Inauthentic" and returned some BS old item they had and kept our $500 item.

Now Amazon is requiring invoices, and has shut down the sales of all of our inventory from that name brand. We tried providing several invoices, however, the shipping info didn't match the account address and name (ghost account) so I photoshopped just the address/name. Received response "cannot use invoices because name of purchaser and address do not match account details". This means they called the name brand and verified the invoices, and even the name address. I tried telling them that we use several buyers to go purchase from the brand and they use their own purchaser accounts, Amazon didn't take that.

Tried sending store receipts without any shipping info as it was picked up in person, they didn't take those either.

Now they sent us a message stating we have 5 days or our inventory will be destroyed, money held, and account suspended etc.

Any ideas?

Here are their messages:

"We are writing to follow up on the email we sent you 25 days ago regarding the authenticity of the ASIN(s) listed below in your Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) inventory. Please reply to this email within 5 days, otherwise your inventory listed below will be destroyed in accordance with the Unsuitable Inventory Investigations Policy.

Your response should address all of the following ASIN(s):

Why is this happening?
We are considering this action because we have determined that your inventory may be counterfeit. The sale of counterfeit products is strictly prohibited and items sold on Amazon must adhere to all applicable laws and Amazon policies.
Failure to abide by these policies may result in loss of selling privileges, funds being withheld, destruction of inventory in our fulfillment centers, and other legal consequences.

How do I demonstrate authenticity?
In order to demonstrate the authenticity of your inventory, please provide supply chain documents that demonstrate your inventory are genuine products. A plan of action is not necessary and there is no required format for your response. Please submit documents such as:
-- Invoices and receipts. You may remove pricing information, but the rest of the document must be visible. For ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASINs under review.
-- Supplier information including supplier name, supplier phone number, supplier address, and website.
-- Item descriptions.
-- Item quantities.
-- Import or export documents such as bills of lading, commercial invoices, and packing lists.
-- Brand letters authorizing your use of trademark, design, patent, or copyright.
You should only send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered.

How do I send the required information?
Within 5 days of this notification, submit this information to mailto:inventory-appeals@amazon.com.

What happens if I do not send the requested information?
If within 5 days we do not receive the requested information or if you are unable to demonstrate the authenticity of your products, the relevant inventory under review may be destroyed.

We are here to help:
If you have questions, please review the following policies on Seller Central:
-- Unsuitable inventory investigations policy at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...4YYXNDRW9BSZEN
-- Amazon Anti-Counterfeiting Policy at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/201165970

Has this review been conducted in error?
-- If you believe the products that are under review are authentic, and are permitted for sale on Amazon, please include evidence or documentation demonstrating that your account has not violated our policies listed above and we will investigate.
-- If we confirm that your products do not violate our policies, we will release the inventory to you upon completion of our review.

Sincerely,
Amazon Services
http://www.amazon.com"

and

"We received your submission but do not have enough information to address the issues with your listings at this time.

Please send the following information for the items listed at the end of this email:
--- Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)
-- Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website)
-- Item descriptions (for ease of our review, you may highlight or circle the ASIN(s) under review)
-- Item quantities

You can only send .pdf, .jpg, .png, or .gif files. These documents must be authentic and unaltered.

How do I submit the required information?
To send us the required information, please visit your Account Health page in Seller Central and click on the appeal link next to the impacted ASIN:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/per...d?ref=ah_em_pq

What happens if I do not submit the required information?
If you do not send the requested information, your listings for the items below will remain deactivated.

You can view your account’s performance at:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/per...d?ref=ah_em_pq

Alternatively, you can select "Account Health" on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app

On iOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amaz...er/id794141485

On Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en

The Account Health page shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon."
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Counterfeit complaint, whole brand is suspended, invoices not accepted

Untill you not provide them Invoive nothing going to happen, they are very strict these days with invoices
Old 02-28-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Counterfeit complaint, whole brand is suspended, invoices not accepted

counterfeit complaint can kill your account very quickly even if the claim wasn't true.

So be careful with your account.

Give them the documents that they want and make sure they are accurate
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

AMZN is going to call your vendor/supplier and verify your buyer name
Old 03-03-2022
Threadstarter  

Thank you all for the suggestions! I got it reinstated. Supplied invoices and an explanation why the address/name didn't match - said that due to Covid the last year we've worked a lot from home, and managers of the company and partners have placed several orders in their name directly to their address.

Then I only changed one thing on the invoices - under the personal name (that didn't match account name, but supposedly a manager of the company) I added the company name.

It all went through, account reinstated!!
Old 03-06-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Congrats alekov
Old 03-07-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Congrats alekov
Thank you

I was beginning to worry that it won't go through.

Now I just have one account that's deactivated that I'm struggling with, hopefully I'll get it up and running soon.