Action required: Re-verify your Amazon seller account - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-27-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,558 Times in 2,210 Posts
Activity: 67%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Action required: Re-verify your Amazon seller account

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDerekRx View Post
You can do everything still during the 60 day period. List, ship, payout, change information.

I'm currently a week into my asking to reverify while I figure out whose name to use as point of contact on my business account.

It appears some people are using their personal name even with a suspended past account and getting away with it. A strategy I'm considering. Although I'm guessing it's if you're suspended account from years ago never had your SSN or driver's license associated with it. And if you've moved since, it's basically just your name that is connected to the old account. And a lot of people can have the same name.
Yes... and amazon has been known to ban people only because of the same last name.

Remember they did this 1/2 a year ago?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-28-2023
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 94%

I guarantee they will link and suspend within 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
remember ... only because 1 person is ok or to be accurate SEEMS ok, doesn't mean everyone is gonna be ok doing this.

That's why I said wait 2+ weeks and monitor the account.

Also see how everyone else is doing by doing the same thing
Old 03-30-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 63%

They do not let you change account to business anymore if it was created as individual. It has Individual seller already selected when verifying.

They just changed this to prevent people from changing info. I have 2 acccounts that recieved re-verify email and I'm not change able to change info on either one.
Old 03-30-2023

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by user3657 View Post
What is this sh1t? Just went I thought everything was going good in life I get hit with this. Anyone ever seen this?
"Hello,

To help us maintain a trusted store for buyers and sellers, we are verifying your identity in accordance with the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement. To complete the verification process, please follow the instructions in the banner at the top of the “Account Information” page in Seller Central within the next 60 days:Seller Central.

Next steps:

Go to Seller Central.
Go to your “Account Information” page in Seller Central.
Click the “Start verification” link on the “Account Information” page in Seller Central. You will need to provide the following information to complete your verification:
Information about your business;
Information about your identity;
A government-issued photo ID;
A bank account or credit card statement;
A business license, if applicable."

I'm concerned it Amazon, if I don't type something in exactly like I did when I created the account it's toast....I forget if I did individual or business. I am technically a sole proprietorship because I use my SS number and not an EIN number. Should I put business or individual?

And why are they doing this? Did something scare them? Account has been running clean so far nothing negative.
It looks like Amazon is requesting that you complete a verification process in order to maintain a trusted store for buyers and sellers. This is a standard process that Amazon uses to ensure that their platform is safe and secure for all users.

When completing the verification process, it's important to provide accurate and truthful information about your business and identity. If you are a sole proprietorship, you can select the "Individual" option when prompted to provide information about your business.

As for why Amazon is doing this, it's possible that they detected some unusual activity on your account or that they are simply conducting routine checks to ensure the integrity of their platform. Regardless of the reason, it's important to comply with their request in a timely and accurate manner to avoid any issues with your account.
Old 04-01-2023

Longevity: 29%

Had this request on a 2020 account.. sales have jumped this past month. So now sure if that triggered it..

Id and utility bill used to activate. No video.

Individual account.

I've always been hesitant to upgrade to Pro as it might request video verification.

Wondering , since the account has been running for years, or if I reverify, could I attempt upgrading to pro without them requesting video?
Old 04-03-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredguy View Post
Had this request on a 2020 account.. sales have jumped this past month. So now sure if that triggered it..

Individual account.

I've always been hesitant to upgrade to Pro as it might request video verification.

Wondering , since the account has been running for years, or if I reverify, could I attempt upgrading to pro without them requesting video?

In practice it's only a change in fee structure, it's not actually an account change in any way. Theoretically there should be no reason for them to get twitchy.

But this is Amazon and who knows how their bots will react to a spike in sales and a fee payment change.

Is the account a business or a private seller?
Old 04-04-2023

Quote:

Individual account.

I've received video verification upgrading from individual to PRO. Account was switched to individual after it was inactive for a few months.
Old 04-04-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche032 View Post
Account was switched to individual after it was inactive for a few months.
interesting experience
Old 04-05-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:

Individual account.

It's not...

it's just a sweep.
Old 04-07-2023

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 59%

I received this notification on my real personal account. It was re-activated last fall after being de-activated for almost a year. I think it has to do with an increase in sales. I plan on submitting my real documents and hoping to not run into any issues. Are they asking for scanned documents or will photos work?
Old 04-07-2023

Longevity: 29%

Both work

QUOTE=pca242;1214701]I received this notification on my real personal account. It was re-activated last fall after being de-activated for almost a year. I think it has to do with an increase in sales. I plan on submitting my real documents and hoping to not run into any issues. Are they asking for scanned documents or will photos work?[/QUOTE]
Old 04-07-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pca242 View Post
I received this notification on my real personal account. It was re-activated last fall after being de-activated for almost a year. I think it has to do with an increase in sales. I plan on submitting my real documents and hoping to not run into any issues. Are they asking for scanned documents or will photos work?
It's not due to volume this time... it's a sweep.
Old 04-07-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcookie View Post
Both work

QUOTE=pca242;1214701]I received this notification on my real personal account. It was re-activated last fall after being de-activated for almost a year. I think it has to do with an increase in sales. I plan on submitting my real documents and hoping to not run into any issues. Are they asking for scanned documents or will photos work?
[/QUOTE]

Which did you do?
Old 04-09-2023

Longevity: 92%

Got this on a few accounts and am looking at forming LLC's in Wyoming with a registered agent, getting a bank account(for the statement), and having different associates provide the point of contact verification information?

What I'm wondering is if I should change the information(physical address and bank account) on the account first or submit this information and wait and see if they ask me to change it? Doesn't look like I can change the point of contact since the request for reverification.

I feel like its pretty reasonable stuff for the explanation of changes. A lot of people register in WY over time even if they're based in CA, like our current addresses are. Point of contacts can be old employees that are no longer with the company and well silicon valley bank probably had everyone switching bank accounts.

Also with WY address we don't need a business license. Anyone know if that field depends on the registered address? Right now with a CA address it is requiring the "business registration number". In CA you do need business licenses.
Old 04-09-2023

Submit first then see if they reject. I had an account get rejected 5-6 times before it was accepted.
Old 04-10-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche032 View Post
Submit first then see if they reject. I had an account get rejected 5-6 times before it was accepted.
interesting - good persistence
Old 04-10-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:

Individual account.

have you reverified your account yet?
Old 04-10-2023

Longevity: 52%

Should we just submit real info? i did this on my ebay account with no problems when it switched to MP
Old 04-10-2023

So I went ahead and put my real info as the contact name. All LLC info matches just fine with bank info, address, etc.

Will wait and see what happens. I also clicked on why they are reverifying and all the answers concern the EU market place. I don't sell there though.
Old 04-11-2023
Super Moderator

perhaps your account is setup for EU also?
Old 04-12-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngirg001 View Post
So I went ahead and put my real info as the contact name. All LLC info matches just fine with bank info, address, etc.

Will wait and see what happens. I also clicked on why they are reverifying and all the answers concern the EU market place. I don't sell there though.
odd that you are getting hit with EU stuff
Old 04-12-2023

So I got this response I tried every way to upload my DL. Picture, scan on phone, scan on scanner and still get this message. Any help?

"Hello,

We have reviewed the documents that you provided but were unable to complete your verification process. As a result, we are unable to activate your account.

Why is this happening?
The document that you provided as a proof of identity is not acceptable for the following reason:

-- The scanned copy or photo has a low definition, is not readable, or is out of focus. We accept only scanned copies or photos of the original identity document that have a high definition and are clear and readable. The required information, photo, holograms, watermarks, and background colored patterns must be visible and in focus."