how does amazon verify supplier - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-06-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: how does amazon verify supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebaynoob92 View Post
Did you end up figuring this out with the invoices ?
I’m in the same situation
OP hasnt been active in quite some time
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-06-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
OP hasnt been active in quite some time
Are there any tips on editing invoices ?
What are the chances Amazon actually calls the supplier to verify ?

Do I have a better shot coming clean about not sourcing my products from authorized distributors. Or do I have a better chance editing invoices ?

I sell about 150k a month…
Old 03-06-2024

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzrocket View Post
I feel like an actual phone call is very rare. Knowing how metric oriented these people work, they probably just check the box that says "phone call made, no answer" without actually making the call to push off the problem to someone else.
I'm pretty sure they call suppliers. I've had a situation where my supplier delivered all but one product I ordered. Amazon rejected the brand request on that specific product that wasn't fulfilled. This is my guess, but I think they go through each line item on the invoice with the supplier.
Old 03-06-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
I'm pretty sure they call suppliers. I've had a situation where my supplier delivered all but one product I ordered. Amazon rejected the brand request on that specific product that wasn't fulfilled. This is my guess, but I think they go through each line item on the invoice with the supplier.
Did your supplier tell you this ?
Old 03-06-2024

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 3%

I cannot imagine Amazon calling a wholesaler about a private account and expecting any kind of info. Any claims they do are, as far as I'm concerned, hearsay as there's no evidence whatsoever that they do.

If my suppliers divulged a shred of info about my account with them they'd be hearing from my solicitor - Data Protection is a serious business nowadays.

IMO they have ways to validate the likelihood an invoice is legitimate without picking up the phone.
Old 03-06-2024

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebaynoob92 View Post
Did your supplier tell you this ?

No, just using process of elimination and came up with this theory. Out of 10 products I ordered, 9 were delivered. The one product that wasn't delivered was rejected. See message below. Again, all theory..

Hello,

Thank you for your application to sell xxxx products. We have reviewed the documentation and information that you provided and determined that you are not eligible to sell xxxx products.

We took this action to ensure the mutual success of our sellers and buyers.

-- You have provided an invoice that has not been fulfilled by the supplier. Please work with your supplier to obtain an invoice that has been fulfilled.
Old 03-06-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTom View Post
I cannot imagine Amazon calling a wholesaler about a private account and expecting any kind of info. Any claims they do are, as far as I'm concerned, hearsay as there's no evidence whatsoever that they do.

If my suppliers divulged a shred of info about my account with them they'd be hearing from my solicitor - Data Protection is a serious business nowadays.

IMO they have ways to validate the likelihood an invoice is legitimate without picking up the phone.
do not dramatize , all accepted suppliers have an agreement with amazon under which they must disclose this information

amazon have been doing it for several years , they have been forcing third party companies to report information on amazon sellers to amazon and those that are refuse will lose business with amazon sellers

the best example are financial companies who receive amazon funds and forward to sellers , they must disclose everything about the seller , amazon even made them sign a contract under which they are obliged to forward seller funds to specific banks only
Old 03-06-2024

the only way for you to circumvent this is to buy from a supplier where you know exactly they are authorized and provide invoices from them for the actual items you received

then you could be allowed to sell this item on amazon and you could mix this inventory with inventory you bought elsewhere but a part of inventory has to be from the actual supplier
Old 03-06-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
do not dramatize , all accepted suppliers have an agreement with amazon under which they must disclose this information

amazon have been doing it for several years , they have been forcing third party companies to report information on amazon sellers to amazon and those that are refuse will lose business with amazon sellers

the best example are financial companies who receive amazon funds and forward to sellers , they must disclose everything about the seller , amazon even made them sign a contract under which they are obliged to forward seller funds to specific banks only
Complete and utter rubbish.
Old 03-06-2024

it is reality , amazon have taken control of information of their sellers beyond their own system and no one can refuse

wise tried to refuse a couple of years back so amazon banned sellers from using it , it took some time and they agreed , wise sent an email to me just recently saying that amazon funds would not be paid out if I do not make sure that my withdrawal account is an actual physical bank account and all details about my withdrawal account are shared with amazon
Old 03-06-2024

Quote:
it is reality , amazon have taken control of information of their sellers beyond their own system and no one can refuse

wise tried to refuse a couple of years back so amazon banned sellers from using it , it took some time and they agreed , wise sent an email to me just recently saying that I my amazon funds would not be paid out if I do not make sure that my withdrawal account is an actual physical bank account
Lets not take it off track, nobody is saying banking and financial arrangements are the same as telephoning a supplier are they? Why you would want to conflate the topic with your (usual) hearsay is beyond me.

I know you will claim you have but I have never, not here, not on Amazons own forums, not anywhere in over 15 years of selling seen any proof they make such calls.

Still smirking at your 'all accepted suppliers' claim.....
Old 03-06-2024

if it was done with financial companies the suppliers are fare game , none of them would be able to refuse as long as they want their items to be sold on amazon

yes , you can be damn sure that any company whose items are sold on amazon would share this information and if they do not they will pay. amazon have been very aggressive and are known for threatening even large businesses with removal of their entire catalogue if they have a dispute with them. they once removed the entire universal catalogue because of a price dispute and universal eventually gave in as their sales plummeted , later they did the same with disney who gave in as well , they also threatened various book publishers with complete removal if they do not accept their conditions - needless to say - publishers gave in as well

every invoice can be easily verified by amazon that is why they accept specific suppliers only as all those suppliers are in their pocket

and it is unlikely they make calls , they can rather check the invoice numbers through direct access and if there is no access for the supplier they just reject the invoice as the supplier is not authorized

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 03-06-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-06-2024

Quote:
if it was done with financial companies the suppliers are fare game , none of them would be able to refuse as long as they want their items to be sold on amazon

yes , you can be damn sure that any company whose items are sold on amazon would share this information and if they do not they will pay. amazon have been very aggressive and are known for threatening even large businesses with removal of their entire catalogue if they have a dispute with them. they once removed the entire universal catalogue because of a price dispute and universal eventually gave in as their sales plummeted , later they did the same with disney who gave in as well
Beyond silly now, what truly ridiculous claims. We started with 'do Amazon telephone our wholesalers' to Amazon having as set-to with Disney.

I'm going for my dinner, heard enough of your made up clap-trap for now and worried about choking on my spaghetti.
Old 03-06-2024

there have been lots of reports from sellers who genuine invoices were accepted and invalid or bogus invoices were rejected , of course amazon verify them

how? you go and read the terms and conditions you accepted from your suppliers , I am sure if it is authorized amazon suppliers they will have something written about disclosure to third parties , such a clause is present in TC's of many companies

and the actual disclosure to amazon can easily be concealed by a non-disclosure agreement so that no one knows it is happening and can not circumvent the system

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 03-06-2024 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2024

on the other hand it is good as amazon could be fooled with genuine invoices since they think someone wanting to provide a bogus invoice would not go through the effort and expenses of obtaining a real invoice

and items purchased through real invoice could be sold off with some loss which could likely be made up for by selling same items from other sources after permission to sell has been obtained

it is the same principle on which amazon fulfillment works , you send in your items and they may be mixed with the same items by someone else so your customer receives an item not originally coming from your stock and would for example complain it is bogus , you would be surprised since your items are not bogus but after they have been mixed no one knows

this is pretty much the only way to fool amazon with invoices

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 03-06-2024 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2024

Quote:

it is the same principle on which amazon fulfillment works , you send in your items and they may be mixed with the same items by someone else so your customer receives an item not originally coming from your stock and would for example complain it is bogus , you would be surprised since your items are not bogus but after they have been mixed no one knows
Amazon state in their seller guidance that physical commingling doesn't happen:

From their seller help pages:

Note: Amazon ensures that the initial source of the commingled units can be traced throughout the fulfilment process.

Important: Amazon ensures that the exact same units from two sellers, participating in the commingling programme, are always physically segregated. This means that Amazon storage logic does not allow same ASINs of different sellers to be stored in the same bin in our warehouse if they are commingled.
Old 03-08-2024

Quote:
Amazon state in their seller guidance that physical commingling doesn't happen:

From their seller help pages:

Note: Amazon ensures that the initial source of the commingled units can be traced throughout the fulfilment process.

Important: Amazon ensures that the exact same units from two sellers, participating in the commingling programme, are always physically segregated. This means that Amazon storage logic does not allow same ASINs of different sellers to be stored in the same bin in our warehouse if they are commingled.
I could believe it if I did not know better , there are many violations by amazon of their own rules , for example they regularly lose incoming deliveries and try to delay or avoid compensation

I would not trust anything they say
Old 03-08-2024

Quote:
I could believe it if I did not know better , there are many violations by amazon of their own rules , for example they regularly lose incoming deliveries and try to delay or avoid compensation

I would not trust anything they say
You'll have to forgive me if I'm more inclined to believe what they say than you do
Old 03-08-2024

trust in amazon is good , it is a strategy that will keep you busy for a long time
Old 03-08-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

They do call when they want to and they do get the info...

Do they ALWAYS call? No.
Old 03-08-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
You'll have to forgive me if I'm more inclined to believe what they say than you do
You are totally wrong and don’t know nothing about Amazon, they do call, I had call several times from Amazon to verify invoice issued by my company they do send email aswell to verify the info
You can refuse under data protection but they will reject invoice for the seller who provided

Amazon has powers since they got traffic they can do whatever they like no matter what
Old 03-08-2024

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

I just heard on TV that sellers are complaining that AMZN complains they keep their inventory at too low level?