how does amazon verify supplier - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-09-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: how does amazon verify supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I just heard on TV that sellers are complaining that AMZN complains they keep their inventory at too low level?
amazon want the sellers to ship in as much as possible or there will charge an additional fee if the average inventory is too low for a product

the main issue here is that any sellers who gets suspended risks loss of inventory
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-09-2024

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
You are totally wrong and don’t know nothing about Amazon, they do call, I had call several times from Amazon to verify invoice issued by my company they do send email aswell to verify the info
You can refuse under data protection but they will reject invoice for the seller who provided

Amazon has powers since they got traffic they can do whatever they like no matter what
LOL, you do see the irony with your revelation in telling me I know nothing given some of the claims by other poster(s).

But thank you for confirming there are Data Protection issues as I mentioned earlier, which they respect, and asked your permission to contact them.

This is completely different to the 'they just call and get what they want due to their size and wholesaler distribution agreements' nonsense we've been fed.

It's also the first time this has been mentioned. Thank you for clarifying, I never did believe that Amazon wouldn't ask permission to call nor that they simply expect suppliers to roll over and knowingly breach confidential customer information laws.

I'm trying to imagine the response from my wholesalers if an Asian voice appeared on the phone out of the blue claiming to be from Amazon and asking to discus their client accounts with them.

Has anyone put this to the test? Has anyone called their supplier pretending to be from Amazon? I think we know the outcome.

Anyway, great info. Lets say folk are free to believe whatever they want and if they 'know' that Amazon will call, without your permission, then they simply have to prepare accordingly. Simples.
Old 03-09-2024

amazon have a list of authorized suppliers , that is suppliers who they know and who would give out the information

I do not have any doubt that nobody would provide anything to a random caller in absence of an agreement made in advance , they likely have a contact at each such company who they can directly call or email or with large companies they may have direct access

in any case amazon are much stricter nowdays , in the past they could easily accept invoices from a variety of suppliers , today all invoices from any supplier they do not know get automatically rejected

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 03-09-2024 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-09-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

auto-rejection is the headache of many small time supplier use sadly
Old 03-09-2024

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Some companies do not have distributors or wholesale suppliers,you have to order from them direct.
Some have their own retail stores,eg,Tiffany
Old 03-09-2024

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
amazon have a list of authorized suppliers , that is suppliers who they know and who would give out the information

I do not have any doubt that nobody would provide anything to a random caller in absence of an agreement made in advance , they likely have a contact at each such company who they can directly call or email or with large companies they may have direct access
Where do we find this list? Where does it say they have an agreement to share this information? Where does it say when we sign up with sellers we agree to this?

Anyhow, it's nice to see you've finally agreed that that without an agreement in place wholesalers will not disclose information with out prior agreement.

Not sure why you and other posters tried to claim they would knowing all along it was untrue

As an aside, what percentage of wholesalers do you think are on this imaginary list?
Old 03-10-2024

this is not imaginary , I doubt this information would ever be disclosed but most likely it would be suppliers who are large and which are unlikely to have counterfeits for sale

I think professional sellers can easily figure out who that is in their area of selling

"Where does it say when we sign up with sellers we agree to this?"

this one is good , how exactly are amazon supposed to verify invoices if the seller never gave their permission to share information? I would say they don't care , there is no one who can stop them

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 03-10-2024 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

When you send invoice to Amazon you tick the box and give permission to Amazon call your supplier and verify the invoice
Now it’s down to your supplier if they happy to share what Amazon asking or not yes they can reject request and Amazon simply reject your application
They first check online presence of your supplier and if it’s well know on google they will pass the invoice without calling
If they doubt then they may call and if supplier does not has much presence online then invoice will be rejected
Old 03-10-2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
When you send invoice to Amazon you tick the box and give permission to Amazon call your supplier and verify the invoice
Now it’s down to your supplier if they happy to share what Amazon asking or not yes they can reject request and Amazon simply reject your application
They first check online presence of your supplier and if it’s well know on google they will pass the invoice without calling
If they doubt then they may call and if supplier does not has much presence online then invoice will be rejected
this does not solve the counterfeit problem otherwise anyone could just draw an invoice from such a supplier , they make a small purchase , get a template and it's done

I know for a fact that amazon do not accept invoices that easily based upon reputation of issuer only
Old 03-10-2024

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Didn't OP of this thread say he created a website as a wholesaler and wait for someone to call and no one call?