UK Amazon Vat - - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default UK Amazon Vat -

I had a couple of accounts go down before christmas with the below dreaded message- I am working at transferring ownership of those accounts but I have noticed I have 3 more accounts that have now received the below message.

Has anybody been successful in uploading photoshoped docs and getting verified?

I was reading the Amazon forums and it looks like the issue has effected a lot of sellers.

Hello,

Your disbursements have been deactivated in all stores you operate worldwide (excluding Amazon.in) from 25 January 2024 as we have indicators that you might not be UK established for VAT purposes. As a result, we need you to provide additional documentary evidence proving that your company is established in the UK in accordance with this legislation, within 60 days of this notification.
UK VAT on eCommerce legislation (live since 1 Jan 2021) requires Amazon to collect and remit VAT on all B2C sales performed by non-established selling partners to customer in the UK. As a result, we have to ask you to provide additional documentary evidence (listed here: https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/g...-establishment) proving that your company is established in the UK in accordance with this legislation, within 60 days after receiving this notification.
If you fail to provide the documentary evidence within 60 days of this notification, Amazon will conclude that you are not established in UK and will start collecting and remitting VAT on your B2C sales. In such a case, additionally, you will be required to pay the VAT amount to Amazon to account for the historical un-paid VAT on all B2C sales that fall under UK VAT on eCommerce legislation since 1 Jan 2021. further to this, you can continue selling on Amazon, but you will not be able to disburse any funds from your accounts, until any UK VAT owed is paid to Amazon

Why did this happen?
From 1 January 2021, Amazon is liable to collect and remit VAT on B2C sales from non-UK established Selling Partners to B2C customers in UK under the UK VAT on e-Commerce legislation. We have taken this measure because as per investigation taken on your account, we found indicators that that your business is established outside the UK for VAT purposes. Hence, we need to get the documentary evidence to ensure we apply the correct treatment to your B2C sales.

I am established in the UK. How do I get my disbursements released?
If you believe you meet UK business establishment requirements, submit the required documents to kyc-drtax-verification@amazon.co.uk provided in “Determination of Establishment for UK VAT” page: https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/g...-establishment.

Note that you have to send the documents required using your Amazon seller central Registered email id. It will take us up to 3 days to review the documents provided by you. At any point, if we conclude based on the provided documentary evidence that your company is established in the UK, we will release your disbursements within 24 hours of completing the verification. This will become available to you as per your normal payment cycle.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2024

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: UK Amazon Vat -

what indicators did AMZN use to determine you are not UK established?
Old 03-14-2024
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%

There are none, Amazon has been doing this across the board to UK sellers.

I was reading the Amazon Official forum yesturday -https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/seller-forums/discussions/t/50105f0b-32de-4c00-aad9-a03b93b22860?postId=ce9c4dc1-b503-4e3a-90ca-77522fc5a331

There are a lot of really peed off sellers. Talking about court action, getting the press involved and all sorts.
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

you can try to fool them if you obtain templates for the docs needed , it is at least: id , proof of address personal / business , proof that you employ at least one person in the uk and pay their tax to HMRC

proof of VAT registration would not be bad too but these accounts are likely below the threshold?

for the address I would also provide the document that shows your rights to live there like tenancy agreement or proof of ownership
Old 03-14-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you can try to fool them if you obtain templates for the docs needed , it is at least: id , proof of address personal / business , proof that you employ at least one person in the uk and pay their tax to HMRC

proof of VAT registration would not be bad too but these accounts are likely below the threshold?

for the address I would also provide the document that shows your rights to live there like tenancy agreement or proof of ownership
One logical approach - if AZ will take in documentation for appeal
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

it is another example of harassment by amazon that goes beyond any legal obligations where they just mass restrict people based in the UK who have official residence addresses and credit history that can be verified

not even banks do this kind of thing
Old 03-14-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
it is another example of harassment by amazon that goes beyond any legal obligations where they just mass restrict people based in the UK who have official residence addresses and credit history that can be verified

not even banks do this kind of thing
harassment and destruction of people's livelihoods...it is a lot of bs and headache for sellers
Old 03-14-2024
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

It’s been going on over a year now use to they ask documentation over email address but now they made special portal on seller central to upload
Provide them what they asking and if account is registered overseas person then simply provide them this information and they will remove restrictions but keep in mind they will take vat on all same from Jan 2021